Air Superiority Fighter Competition Continued

exbyde

22 minutes ago, exbyde said:

HA! small world! I remember seeing the video of the uncased version awhile ago.

I just thought you had a picture of a UFO or something.How does that fly, anyways? is the input lag noticeable from the EDFS or is it responsive?

The input lag wasn't noticeable, although yaw was very sluggish. so most of the time I had to use the "Direction relative to controller" to get it to go where I wanted, another issue was the electrical joints melting from the 6 EDF motor's combined current draw, but I wasn't able to find higher voltage motors that also fitted with my reversed fan housing. The heating problem is limiting flight time to 2 minutes, even though batteries will last 6 minutes. So it's quite an impractical craft, but still looks and sounds cool when it flies.

15 minutes ago, goduranus said:

The input lag wasn't noticeable, although yaw was very sluggish. so most of the time I had to use the "Direction relative to controller" to get it to go where I wanted, another issue was the electrical joints melting from the 6 EDF motor's combined current draw, but I wasn't able to find higher voltage motors that also fitted with my reversed fan housing. The heating problem is limiting flight time to 2 minutes, even though batteries will last 6 minutes. So it's quite an impractical craft, but still looks and sounds cool when it flies.

Is it heating at the battery connections or the PDB?

Not realizing heat would be a problem, I initially had two batteries in parallel connected to a single Deans connector at the PDB. It's the solder on that single Deans that melts. I redid the PDB to connect to the two batteries separately, but haven't managed to put it in, cuz there were so many wires insides that I unplugged getting the PDB out, and I get confused looking inside:confused:. So the saucer's been sitting in the closet the past 4 years:blush:

4 minutes ago, goduranus said:

Not realizing heat would be a problem, I initially had two batteries in parallel connected to a single Deans connector at the PDB. It's the solder on that single Deans that melts. I redid the PDB to connect to the two batteries separately, but haven't managed to put it in, cuz there were so many wires insides that I unplugged getting the PDB out, and I get confused looking inside:confused:. So the saucer's been sitting in the closet the past 4 years:blush:

Oh...that stinks. Just a thought, but have  you considered replacing the single deans with an XT-90 or something?

11 hours ago, goduranus said:

Yeah I probably should have done that too. One XT-90 for each battery. Maybe also just carry a single battery on flights, so the motors don't have to work that hard.

If the C-rating is good enough, yeah, id be careful if your current packs last 6 min when the connectors arent melting and use some higher-end batteries (read non-hobbyking)

Just now, Earthlinger said:

War goats lead the way!

Image result for war goat

Your canadian, dont you have a war moose or lumberjacks armed with sniper rifles?

Just now, exbyde said:

Your canadian, dont you have a war moose or lumberjacks armed with sniper rifles?

Naw we have beavers. And they don't need weaponry, they just use those gigantic teeth.

Speaking of which, did you guys hear about that beaver that killed this guy who took a selfie with it? The beaver apparently got offended and took a bite out of the man's throat after being scared by the camera noise/flash. (Legitimately a true story. Came out in the local news a few years ago. I think...)

10 minutes ago, Earthlinger said:

Naw we have beavers. And they don't need weaponry, they just use those gigantic teeth.

Speaking of which, did you guys hear about that beaver that killed this guy who took a selfie with it? The beaver apparently got offended and took a bite out of the man's throat after being scared by the camera noise/flash. (Legitimately a true story. Came out in the local news a few years ago. I think...)

>beaver selfies

Okay but why tho

Alright, here are the videos i was trying to upload last night, before youtube ate it and died.

@53miner53's P-1 Classic vs @AlexClark X-59b

@goduranus Crusader vs X-59b. Technical disqualification due to guns not actually firing, may be a clipping issue. Design mayyy actually be viable if the guns worked.

@dundun92 DU-1b vs X-59b

3 hours ago, GillyMonster said:

I have a submission and test video.

https://kerbalx.com/GillyMonster/Warhammer-40k-Hell-Blade

*testing vid.mp4*

Test videos against non-ranking or non-competing aircraft aren't necessary, but welcome nonetheless. I'll put your aircraft on the list in a bit. If you are interested, you are welcome to use footage from the fights in your videos,  or pm me if you wish to have me dogfight a couple of your craft, since my rig usually stays in the green during dogfights.

1 hour ago, exbyde said:

Alright, here are the videos i was trying to upload last night, before youtube ate it and died

Test videos against non-ranking or non-competing aircraft aren't necessary, but welcome nonetheless. I'll put your aircraft on the list in a bit. If you are interested, you are welcome to use footage from the fights in your videos,  or pm me if you wish to have me dogfight a couple of your craft, since my rig usually stays in the green during dogfights.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, exbyde said:

@goduranus Crusader vs X-59b. Technical disqualification due to guns not actually firing, may be a clipping issue. Design mayyy actually be viable if the guns worked.

Hmm, must have misclicked or something, Ammo Boxes' feed were disabled, updated

https://kerbalx.com/goduranus/Crusader

19 hours ago, exbyde said:

If the C-rating is good enough, yeah, id be careful if your current packs last 6 min when the connectors arent melting and use some higher-end batteries (read non-hobbyking)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.