[1.11.2] Telemagic [v1.11.2.10] "Phoenix" release

Hotel26

4 minutes ago, wile1411 said:

How do the mod go about merging threads like this?

I reported the 1.3.1.1 post and asked for it to be completely deleted since a) it refers to a now-defunct ((Java) prototype) and b) I had already copied all the relevant information from it to the new thread.

The moderators will, no doubt, use their own discretion, since my request is somewhat non-conformant...  my principal reason for having the initial 1.3.1.1 thread scrapped is that I was "green" when I posted it.  :) (I doubt that will be argued with.)

5 minutes ago, Hotel26 said:

I reported the 1.3.1.1 post and asked for it to be completely deleted since a) it refers to a now-defunct ((Java) prototype) and b) I had already copied all the relevant information from it to the new thread.

In that case - I'll repost this here to keep the link as I need to remember to use this part for this mod.
Also - Keep up the great work - you must have a lot of fun with this mod. I look forward to having a go when it's available in 1.4.3

<repost from old thread>

Just as a heads up, the below mod that is being worked on had a cabin that looks like it would make an awesome control tower

zBvDRXn.png

Edited by wile1411

• 2 years later...
4 hours ago, Aazard said:

Still supported/maintained?

Unfortunately not.  However, if you let me know what version you are running, I will test it there and let you know.

The mod was, in the main, working very well, with the problem being on the teleport to Baikerbanur.  The first teleport worked fine.  Subsequent ones would get "the shakes", an unusual, non-destructive kind.  You could work-around it by switching focus to a nearby parked craft (left-bracket) and back, but I couldn't solve this problem and became somewhat discouraged.

Thanks for your interest.

Edited by Hotel26

I'm currently trying to add it to my mod pack (testing phase).

I mostly support current rp1 suggested version and current KSP version

I also support 32bit KSP v1.3.1 and v1.4.5

• 4 months later...

I am happy to announce that a revamped re-release of the Telemagic mod is planned for imminent release.

A prototype has been implemented and is nearing readiness.  It will support 1.3, 1.7 and hopefully all versions in between up to 1.11.1.

1. The KSC -> Baikerbanur teleport (runway to grass trip or launchpad to launchpad will be retained and made to work reliably
  2. Fuel aprons have been added at the Island Airport and the Dessert Strip (augmenting those already available at KSC and Baikerbanur).
  3. the "control tower" concept of an "airport" has been entirely scrapped in favor of a "fuel tanker" concept

Point 3 above has been replaced by a scheme in which a fuel tanker may be flown to a site and parked while in use.  Client craft may park within 10 meters of it, set it as Target, shutdown engines and apply brakes.  Then when the Telemagic button is pressed, fuel of all varieties (including e.g. Electric Charge) is transferred proportionally from tanks in the supplier to the client.  Resources in tanks that are "locked off" neither suppy nor receive fuel.

Please stay tuned for a further announcement about this new development.

Edited by Hotel26

• 3 months later...

Happy to announce that the [1.11.2] Telemagic [v1.11.2.10] "Phoenix" release is available on Spacedock and also via CKAN.

Please do report any problems, issues or suggestions here in this topic.

Hmm, I appear to have inadvertently left the cursed 'teleport' feature engaged.  So be it.  Have fun with it.

Your first teleport will work fine.  After that, KSP gets the shimmers...  Switch anywhere out of physics range and come back and you are whole again.

Edited by Hotel26

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.