4k resolution not possible

Hi,

I have a problem switching to 4k resolution, it's very similar to the initial post here:

just I have a 4k monitor (now :cool:) and can play other games in 4k resolution. KSP is switching the resolution back to 2560x1440 while the display (hardware) stays in 4k mode. Making screenshots I can confirm that the resolution actually is 2560x1440. I disabled all scaling and whatever overrides I did in the Radeon control center, also in game no anti aliasing and stuff. Modded KSP or freshly downloaded unmodded makes no differnce, 32 bit vs. 64 bit no difference. Windows 10 Game Mode switching also no difference. No difference switching between full screen and windowed. The window however is as big as the screen, wich is odd, since the window only is 2560x1440 but the screen is 4k. Forcing either dx11, dx9 or openGl makes no difference.

[EDIT: Ah, I noticed now that the guy had a physical 4k display too. I was thrown off by the later post with the virtual super resolution, so it's actually very much the same problem here.]

Windows:

Windows 10, 64bit

Graphics:

MSI Radeon RX480 Gaming X 8G

Display:

iiyama Gold Phoenix (GB2888UHSU) via display port

KSP Version 64bit:

[config]
build id = 01891
2017.10.05 at 23:08:08 CEST
Branch: master
language = en-us

KSP Version 32bit:

[config]
build id = 01891
2017.10.05 at 22:01:28 CEST
Branch: master
language = en-us

should be equivalent to 1.3.1.

Output log:

I just noticed this line:

desktop: 3840x2160 59Hz; virtual: 2560x1440 at 0,0

How can the virtual resolution be lower than the actual resolution?

Hope that's all and thank you for looking into it.

[Giant browser-destroying log snipped by moderator]

Edited by TheYear2525

Hello, an welcome to the forums!  :)

By the way, I've taken the liberty of snipping the giant log file from your post.  Please don't paste enormous content into the forum.  It wreaks havoc with people's browsers, especially on mobile devices where it can suck up precious mobile bandwidth and in some cases lock up the browser entirely.

Putting the giant content into a spoiler section doesn't help, since the browser downloads the spoiler content even though it's not visibly displayed unless the user expands the section.

Absolutely share your logs-- it can be very helpful to anyone trying to diagnose your problem!  But please, post them to some third-party sharing site (there are lots of free ones around the internet) and then link to it here, rather than pasting the giant content into the forum post itself.  Thanks!

@ Rocket In My Pocket

It says just exactly that :/ .

@Snark

Please don't paste enormous content into the forum.

Since it looked pretty controllable, easily scrollable and completely responsive on my side, I didn't see harm in posting the rather puny log file - it was only 500 kB after all. I wouldn't classify that as enormous content as I woudn't classify 20 avatar pics as enormous content or one screenshot...and certainly not bandwith-sucking on mobile devices, trust me, I have 100 MB mobile volume and it's overcome pretty instantly by regular browsing, 500 kB of text (or avatar pics...bear with me, I can't keep the following snide comment for myself: if you'd use jpg, where jpg makes sense and png where png makes sense, you'd reduce the bandwith used for your avatar by 80 %, fitting not only 20 tardigrades into the enormous data volume of 500 kB but nearly 100) in one or even 10 forum posts wouldn't make any noticable difference there, even for that anaemic volume. It's the overhead and most certainly the ads, except you are browsing images and movies specifically. But ok, I'll follow your advice for Celestias sake - and for harmony.....aaand tardigrades :D .

Please take this post with one serious and one laughing eye.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.