China museum uses ksp on official poster

DAL59

1 hour ago, StrandedonEarth said:

If anyone could supply a translation of the poster, that's be fantastic!

English translation is on the poster under the Chinese text. It's legible if you zoom in, though I can't vouch for its accuracy.

19 hours ago, NSEP said:

Did they mention it was KSP or was it an accident.

The Dutch Youth News once used footage of KSP of a spacecraft near Eve while talking about Venus,

Hey, they're Danish, bud. The Lego style is in their blood.:)

43 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

At least they used KSP, and not Subnautica.

That'd be an easy mistake for them to make.

Maybe they can find a KSP mod that adds air bubbles to space? For that truly authentic Chinese feel.

I wonder who their lead designer is? I imagine such a lofty government position is equal parts prestigious and perilous. :)

On 12/30/2017 at 10:36 AM, StrandedonEarth said:

a translation of the poster,

On 12/30/2017 at 11:55 AM, Mako said:

English translation is on the poster under the Chinese text. It's legible if you zoom in, though I can't vouch for its accuracy.

The translation seems accurate.

On 1/1/2018 at 6:09 AM, Urus28 said:

On my side I heard the KSP music in a cooking TV show :)

Most of KSP's music is what amounts to free/open source music by Kevin MacLeod ( http://incompetech.com/ ).  He uses Creative Commons / Attribution as his base license, so you'll hear it a lot as the only stipulation for use is attribution (with a second paid license offered for times when attribution isn't possible)...which is awesome.   I think the title music is KSP-specific though (and not sure who made it).

I've heard it in other games and some video productions as well.

5 hours ago, Renegrade said:

Most of KSP's music is what amounts to free/open source music by Kevin MacLeod ( http://incompetech.com/ ).  He uses Creative Commons / Attribution as his base license, so you'll hear it a lot as the only stipulation for use is attribution (with a second paid license offered for times when attribution isn't possible)...which is awesome.   I think the title music is KSP-specific though (and not sure who made it).

I've heard it in other games and some video productions as well.

Ok, I was not aware of that. =)

The poster just basically said in the past 50 years, NASA, Soviet, Europe, and Japan sent lots of satellites into space and did a good job. After China landed on the moon, we would try our best on the Mars project next. Nothing important else.

So I think it's OK to use KSP on the poster.

4 hours ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

I'm not sure what the legality is here but I assume T2 has some interest in protecting it's intellectual property?

Also, welcome to the forums!

Sorry, I didn't think about the question about property right. I just mean the picture basically conforms to the word.

In fact, I think staffs in this museum even didn't know what KSP is, so they just pick some awesome spaceship and Mars pictures on google and make the poster. Not many people watch this poster in the museum because it doesn't tell any useful information.

On 1/2/2018 at 10:04 PM, klesh said:

Thats a dangerous proposition.

11 hours ago, Tony805 said:

The poster just basically said in the past 50 years, NASA, Soviet, Europe, and Japan sent lots of satellites into space and did a good job. After China landed on the moon...

There goes the neighborhood. :sealed:

1 hour ago, Tony805 said:

Sorry, I didn't think about the question about property right. I just mean the picture basically conforms to the word.

In fact, I think staffs in this museum even didn't know what KSP is, so they just pick some awesome spaceship and Mars pictures on google and make the poster. Not many people watch this poster in the museum because it doesn't tell any useful information.

Yeah, I agree; I don't really see the harm in it.

I'm just sort of curious what the actual law says about it hypothetically.

2 hours ago, Tony805 said:

Sorry, but still didn't get it why dangerous?

Yes, I was being intentionally vague.  There was recently quite a stir caused by Chinese translation as it relates to KSP:

https://steamed.kotaku.com/kerbal-space-program-review-bombed-over-controversial-c-1819417868

http://steamcommunity.com/app/220200/discussions/0/2592234299528870465/

Edited by klesh
spelling

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.