Hohman Transfer

ThreeMartiniLaunch

I used to have a thin piece of paper that I'd printed a circle of markings on, every 10 degrees around a central point.

I'd slap it on the screen and could just about see the mouse pointer underneath it, so I was able to set a maneuver marker at the angle given ny Alex Moon's transfer window planner.

12 hours ago, pandaman said:

Before i installed 'Transfer Window Planner' I used a clear plastic protractor and held that up to the monitor.  A hell of a lot easier to see through than paper :D.

Absolutely, tools like this should be stock.

Get a free Homman TransferTM  piece of paper with your copy of KSP!

4 hours ago, Johnny Wishbone said:

Jeebus. I just eyeball it. You guys actually use protractors against your monitors?

'Fraid so.  But then again i have a clear plastic ruler at work that I occasonally hold up to my monitor to quickly compare sizes and scales in CAD.  They all think I'm nuts, but as a quick comparison tool, rather than to get proper measurements, it works rather well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.