Untied Technologies

XLjedi

Thanks, I didn't want to cross post too much...  but figured I might post some screenshots to this thread (like the one above) and just let folks follow the "My Designs" link in my signature if interested.

Edited by XLjedi

• 3 weeks later...

VTOL departure from Island Base, inbound for KSC VAB Helipad.  Plant flag on helipad, VTOL departure and finish with conventional landing on KSC runway.  Keep in mind while watching that 2/3 throttle equals hover when verti-lift turbofan array is engaged.  A 100% stock design and available for download here:
https://kerbalx.com/XLjedi/FA-08-Bobcat

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

In conjunction with flight testing the Untied Technologies Thunder Bop II...  and frankly, rather surprisingly!  Kerbal Command has authorized Jeb to conduct some live fire target practice out at the new Dessert Launch facility.  The base has been mostly evacuated, with remaining personnel tucked safely underground.  Target vehicles are now in position and Jeb is ready to go!

https://kerbalx.com/XLjedi/A-30-Thunder-Bop-II

Edited by XLjedi
Now available at KerbalX

• 4 weeks later...

One of our weather satellites has picked up an anomaly.  Valentina and Bill are dispatched to the northern ice shelf to investigate what appears to be a large hole in the ice.  This should be a good mission for our newest long range fighter bomber, the FA-41 Dawn.  Bill is a tad apprehensive about the untested K.O.B. Cruise Missle that Jeb has strapped on the bottom of the craft but Valentina says not to worry; she's got it all under control!  Now let's go see what this hole in the ice is all about.

FA-41_Dawn_1.png

https://kerbalx.com/XLjedi/FA-41-Dawn

Edited by XLjedi

• 1 month later...

UTMD HCS-16 Hurricane Hydrofoil Sea Trials

Shortly following this launch and shakedown run, the Hurricane was dispatched to a patrol position roughly 10 km offshore of the KSC.  We expect our orbital command vessel, the SC-35 Explorer, to release an Orbital Sci-Strike Missile carrying valuable experiment data.  We now need to outfit the Hurricane for it's first mission.  An ocean recovery of the science data delivered from orbit, and returning that science data to our KSC Research Facility.

https://kerbalx.com/XLjedi/HCS-16-Hurricane

• 2 months later...

@FleshJeb  Well that's just a very nice thing to say, thank you! 

My hope is to make stuff that people might actually use for a mission or two.  ...or maybe spark an idea that others might try.  I only post craft to KerbalX after they have been documented and vetted.  Sometimes in the process of creating the blueprints and writeups I catch things that need to be fixed in the craft, or I might add an extra gadget for a little fun.  I also think it's particularly fun if the craft can be combined for different missions.  Like maybe a certain rover being added to an SSTO might allow it to refuel once it reaches a destination?   

Edited by XLjedi

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Been having fun visiting moons with this small low gravity lander that fits rather snuggly inside a simple Mk2 Cargo Bay hangar.  You may wonder why it has drogue chutes?  It can safely land on Duna and return to orbit, which allows me to keep larger vessels in orbit and still get credit for putting a kerbal on the ground.  I've also used the chutes for one-way rides back to Kerbin.

SV-32_Moondrop.jpg

• 7 months later...

My new UT corporate helo...  The AH-11 DragonflyAH-11%20Dragonfly.jpg

This video is not only a flight demo, but an hour long advanced tutorial and discussion around how to use the new 1.7.3 propellers, rotors, and KAL-1000.  ...along with a few other 1.7.3 observations, tips and tricks.

Edited by XLjedi

• 3 months later...

At some point during the beginning of this video, I say that I will attempt to keep it within the 30 minute mission parameter and not turn it into another hour-long dissertation on helicopter design.  I then proceed to do another hour-long dissertation on the various design elements of this new rescue helo.  

My apologies for the length...  They say the first step toward recovery is admitting you have a problem.

Hello I'm XLjedi, I talk a lot in my videos.  ...or at least I talk a lot since I figured out how the mic works.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.