Plans for KSP...

kacperrutka26

So we will be getting planets in .17 and .18. Right. Then docking stuff could be added in .19. Right. Space stations could be next in .20. But will that be all for the alpha stage? It all seems to be happening quite quick and I don't want KSP to end so quickly. I don't know what else they will implement but I think it could stop at .25+. They will finish all planned features and then what? It looks like we are early in the game but all of our planned features are nearly all ticked off! So will it go in order from .16 to .17 and so on? Up to what version? I think KSP will be finished in some time and I am worried about it :(

You're going to get planets in .17 for sure, as for whats' coming in .18, NOTHING is set as "This is coming." Speculation is fine, but none of this is promised, or set in stone people. You'll find out what's coming in .18 after .17 like the rest of us.

-DR

Don't worry, there's still a lot to come. After planets, docking and space stations, I'm pretty sure we'll get stock parts for satellites and rovers, EVA related equipment and what not.

And even then, there will be the whole work on the career mode, which will probably be an important part of the game.

KSP development is still far from being finished, which is also why I love this game! (something new to look forward to every two months or so)

Alpha and Beta is mainly implementing the core features like campaign mode. Minecraft has been being developed for 3 years, and it's not done yet. So not being finished for a loooong time. :) I hope.

Well Minecraft is "done" when they added the End and the Ender Dragon (That's when it came out of beta anyways). They're just adding goodies and other extra features now :D Probably the same with this KSP though, don't expect development to suddenly stop on the end of beta, I'm sure we will be getting new parts, bug fixes and the like for a long, long time. But it's too early to tell at the moment though what's in store for the future versions, Harv likes to surprise us and the news of getting part of the solar system in the next version surprised me enough that I bought the game haha.

Alpha and Beta is mainly implementing the core features like campaign mode. Minecraft has been being developed for 3 years, and it's not done yet. So not being finished for a loooong time. :) I hope.

good gods NO notch quit minecraft befor the game whas finished. that game is in a permanent development as mojang looks like it's a one trick pony and need to keep the game in the news. but back on topic if i were beating man i would say early 2013 ore late 2012 :P.

Yeah... I'm sooo excited for what this game/sim has in store.. I'm loving it SO much - all I can say to the development team is, good work and good luck.

Oh no.. an offshore holding company I didn't know about :P

Well, Minecraft butchered the meaning of Alpha and Beta; technically, Alpha is when all the game's features and being implemented, and Beta is purely bug fixes and minor additions.

In theory, Minecraft isn't anywhere near out of Alpha! just check the planned features page and bug list :sticktongue:

• 1 month later...
So we will be getting planets in .17 and .18. Right. Then docking stuff could be added in .19. Right. Space stations could be next in .20. But will that be all for the alpha stage? It all seems to be happening quite quick and I don't want KSP to end so quickly. I don't know what else they will implement but I think it could stop at .25+. They will finish all planned features and then what? It looks like we are early in the game but all of our planned features are nearly all ticked off! So will it go in order from .16 to .17 and so on? Up to what version? I think KSP will be finished in some time and I am worried about it :(

Dude...

LIVE IN THE PRESENT.

You're actually stressing about the end of KSP while it's still in production. How can the thought that you, "think it could stop at .25+" cause any sort of emotional reaction when this arbitrarily chosen and open-ended non-number is based on absolutely nothing.

Furthermore, given that you don't know the content of updates .18 -> .25+, you actually have no idea what .25+ actually means.

These threads are insane. It's sad that people can attach themselves to things to such an alarming degree that they fear for its eventual loss while it's still in its infancy. It's like getting a puppy and being preoccupied worrying about its eventual death while it's just trying to play with you.

Worrying about the future is generally a waste of time, and while I absolutely LOVE KSP as much as I'm sure we all do, it's a game, and this self-imposed suffering of yours is nonsensical. =)

Moderator Comment: Necro'd thread that not only doesn't apply to the current release of KSP, there are already enough discussion threads for Development. :) Thread locked.

Edited by Ted