Rockets flipping in orbit

Hi all, this issue is occurring on an Xbox, I'm trying to do rescue missions in low kerbin orbit. I am using a Mk1 command pod, with an attached Mk1 crew cabin for room for the rescued Kerbals.

My only issue is when I am in range, I will fly the stranded kerbal from their vessel to the rescue vessel. I then switch over to the rescue vessel in the tracking station, and transfer my pilot into the Mk1 crew cabin so there is room for the new Kerbal to enter the vessel. I then switch back to the stranded kerbal and try to board the ship. The only problem is that now my ship appears to be flipping, making it ridiculously difficult to have the kerbal board the vessel.  The ship was not flipping when I transferred its pilot. 

Am I doing something wrong? Is this a bug that occurs? I just unlocked the Mk1-2 command pod. Was gonna try this morning to see if avoiding all the tracking station switches will help me with the rescue missions. 

In early part of the game with only a MkI and a MK1 crew cabin the best way to recuse Kerbals is to get <1000m to the stranded Kerbal. EVA the standard Kerbal and spacewalk over to the rescue craft. Grab onto the Mk1 command pod. You won't be able to enter because Jeb, or some other pilot, is there, so type ']' to switch to the rescue craft and let Jeb kick it in the crew cabin. Type ']' again to switch back to the Kerbal who should still be holding onto the Mk1 Pod and press 'B' to have him board. If he or she isn't a pilot you need to shuffle them around again. With the Mk1-2 you can avoid all this shuffling around and have room for two rescues.

On PC - and I strongly suspect on consoles too - you can hit time warp for a second and kill rotation. It's a bit cheaty but hey, so is sending your ship into a crazy spin for no reason, so in this case I'd consider it cheating back at the game.

Edited by 5thHorseman

lol what the 5th horsemen said.  yse the time warp trick to stop to flipping.  i find for small things  like that its not really cheating since it should o ly start to spin if a force acts upon it.

now if you have a massive rocket and you use warp to stop your  spin at a point to save monoprop or because your wheels arent stong enough..thats a bit more cheaty lol

also for a bit later in your career, if you are swapping between  vessels.  it can sometimes reset the navball marker you have it set on back to stability assist. i find this happens when you return to a ship that was set to hold a marker.  but if you have only switched away from it, it should still be on.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.