Game crashes after loading screen completes

The game freezes and crashes after the loading screen. I have:

- Kerbal Star Systems with all additional systems, but not the Scatterer or Enviroment extensions [version 2.7.3]

- HyperEdit 1.5.6 for ksp 1.3.1

- Kopernicus 1.3.1-3

and MechJeb 2.6.9

Here is my error.log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1D0jQRi1j4nJFwI0AC9WDGu8UZJYn93QM

and my KSP.log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZOwrl3BRd5F3wpBwIf991BBAcJgdIJHl

thanks in advanced

[edit 7:16pm: sorry, i accidentally pressed enter earlier while writing this post]

Edited by Kaizen
wrong hyperedit version

Also, while the game is frozen, after a couple of minutes my computer slows down a lot, and it comes up with that "Microsoft Windows" End Process dialog box. It may close after a few seconds. My computer can lag so much the time doesn't move. Eventually, after 5-10 minutes, the game crashes.

[I also Alt+Tab'ed out after about 5-6 minutes, and the game stayed running for ~4 more minutes, and then crashed]

Edited by Kaizen

Recently most 'crashes after getting to the main menu' are caused by incompatible mods.  Specifically, the mod was compiled for KSP 1.3.0, and will not start under KSP 1.3.1 (causes a crash at the main menu, as that is when it loads the mod difficulty settings stuff, which is where the incompatible code changes happened between 1.3.0 and 1.3.1).

Try removing mods, see if the game starts in a clean state.

If no -- you've got bigger problems.

If yes -- try adding mods back in one or two at a time, until the problem occurs.  Whatever you added most recently is more than likely the cause.  (or you are just running out of memory)

9 hours ago, Shadowmage said:

Recently most 'crashes after getting to the main menu' are caused by incompatible mods.

But then the error.log usually says that it crashed while writing or reading to 00000000. With only 500MB left this looks more like a memory related crash.

The game doesn't reach the main menu. The loading screen is fully completed, but the game freezes and the main menu never appears. I have 8GB of ram, and I'm going to monitor the game's memory usage while it's loading.

This is what happens: When the game first starts, it uses ~600MB of RAM. This slowly increases as the game loads (5-20MB per second) until it completes loading and it's using about 1.2-1.3GB. However, when it freeezes, the game seems to uncontrollably leak memory, using 50-75MB more RAM per second. After ~30-45 seconds it was using approaching 3GB!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.