Errol

[1.3.1][TRR] Human Colored Heads Recolored v0.3

Human Coloured Heads originally by forum user @GregroxMun re-packaged for the new TRR and re-uploaded here with his permission. 

b5DbN1C.png

Pb5Zc6r.png

Download: 
here

Dependencies:
Texture Replacer Replaced

Known Issues: 
Missing textures for Gene Kerman, some ground's crews in VAB/SPH

License: 
WTFPL

CHANGELOG:

v0.3 Folder and locations updated with TRR_ prefix

v0.2 Gus Kerman is no longer blanc

v0.1 initial release

Edited by Errol

You should make an edition for Sigma Replacements. It allows you to replace all faces and admin faces as well. So your known issues will be gone.

Thanks for the heads up. Never heard of sigma replacements. What are the differences between it and texture replacer? Can they run side by side?

19 minutes ago, Errol said:

Thanks for the heads up. Never heard of sigma replacements. What are the differences between it and texture replacer? Can they run side by side?

Sigma Replacements is a more modular, easier approach to replacing stock textures. I will never go back to TR or TRR; too convoluted to simply replace textures. They can, but I wouldn’t run them side by side. 

Edited by Galileo

@Galileo Honestly, Sigma Replacements seems a little complicated to me, right now. I did not make these textures, and am not an artist/modder. All I did was re-name them and put them into folders for TRR. Also, it doesn't look like Sigma Replacements has any reflections going on. As I play with windowshine and visor reflections (even though my poor laptop can barely handle them with EVE and scatterer....I just crank down the resolution...), so I don't see myself making the switch any time soon. 

That thread isn't that long yet, I may give it an actual read some time in the coming weeks to try to figure out if I can learn to make a pack for it, but no promises. 

Edited by Errol

Doesn't this apply to this mod?

It is now recommended that you use a different folder than TRR for your custom textures

WITH A PREFIX CALLED   "TRR"   like "TRR_MyTextureMod"

(or at least one that goes alphabetically after "Squad" and "TextureReplacerReplaced")

You can find an empty premade here

You just have to make 3 steps to make it ready for you :

Change the name "TRR_MyTextureMod" by the one you want,

• Of the folder that goes in GameData/
  • Of the file TRR_MyTextureMod.cfg
  • Inside the .cfg

On 18/02/2018 at 1:19 AM, Smart Parts Wanter said:

Doesn't this apply to this mod?

It is now recommended that you use a different folder than TRR for your custom textures

WITH A PREFIX CALLED   "TRR"   like "TRR_MyTextureMod"

(or at least one that goes alphabetically after "Squad" and "TextureReplacerReplaced")

You can find an empty premade here

You just have to make 3 steps to make it ready for you :

Change the name "TRR_MyTextureMod" by the one you want,

• Of the folder that goes in GameData/
  • Of the file TRR_MyTextureMod.cfg
  • Inside the .cfg

Thank you; fixed.

9 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Slight bit creepy...

Not as creepy as green blood....

I'm looking at you; Spock..

Edited by Errol

Just now, Errol said:

Not as creepy as green blood....

I'm looking at you; spock..

Touche, sir. 

3 minutes ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Touche, sir. 

Appreciated;

Also......grumpy veteran note: Don't call me sir (officers (READ: desk jockies) get the title 'sir'); I was a Corporal. 

"Hey you in the green" works just fine, ironically enough..

Edited by Errol

20 minutes ago, Errol said:

Appreciated;

Also......grumpy veteran note: Don't call me sir (officers (READ: desk jockies) get the title 'sir'); I was a Corporal. 

"Hey you in the green" works just fine, ironically enough..

Aha, XD well, I'm planning on joining the Navy as an ensign...

On 3/29/2018 at 12:17 PM, Lo Var Lachland said:

Aha, XD well, I'm planning on joining the Navy as an ensign...

Good luck.

Edited by Errol

I have just tested this in KSP 1.6.1 and it is partially working. It still works for most of the KSP staff, save for the few kerbals in the VAB suffering from albinism, it also works on the veteran Kerbals in the main, but it does not work with kerbals in the flight scene (nor the icon kerbals in the astronaught complex, but they were always a bug). I 'm pretty sure it has to do with the new kerbals models that, from I understand only are used on the kerbals in the flight scene. As I do not know anything about modelling, or even anything about making textures (I originally just did  a little mm-fu to get this working again with a newer TR at the time), the only way I can see to get this working would be to revert the kerbal models in game to the old models. Does anyone know if it would be more complicated than simply copying the files over from an older install, or if doing so would break any rules? Pretty sure I can't re-distrobute squad's old assets, but I could leave instructions on how to get it working, and then if the users are lucky enough to still have a pre 1.6 copy of KSP they can do it. Not an ideal solution, and that's assuming it works, without any game breaking bugs. I will post back here if I make any more progress.

On 3/1/2019 at 6:49 AM, Errol said:

I have just tested this in KSP 1.6.1 and it is partially working. It still works for most of the KSP staff, save for the few kerbals in the VAB suffering from albinism, it also works on the veteran Kerbals in the main, but it does not work with kerbals in the flight scene (nor the icon kerbals in the astronaught complex, but they were always a bug). I 'm pretty sure it has to do with the new kerbals models that, from I understand only are used on the kerbals in the flight scene. As I do not know anything about modelling, or even anything about making textures (I originally just did  a little mm-fu to get this working again with a newer TR at the time), the only way I can see to get this working would be to revert the kerbal models in game to the old models. Does anyone know if it would be more complicated than simply copying the files over from an older install, or if doing so would break any rules? Pretty sure I can't re-distrobute squad's old assets, but I could leave instructions on how to get it working, and then if the users are lucky enough to still have a pre 1.6 copy of KSP they can do it. Not an ideal solution, and that's assuming it works, without any game breaking bugs. I will post back here if I make any more progress.

I think it not working because of new texturereplacer version(s), that has a many changes

u can read bout them here: https://github.com/ducakar/TextureReplacer/releases/tag/v3.0

I also tested that w/ TRR (RangeMachine's release) on 1.6.1 it dont work

We're just need a man who can edit mod 4 new versions of TR/KSP