What Desktops Can Run KSP At 30 Fps And or More

Does Anyone know of a Computer that can run KSP at 30 FPS Or more.

My Desktop That I Have Now Is A Potato and I'm Hoping to Buy a New one Or the Parts for One.

So Can you guys Give me any suggestions for a Desktop That Can Run KSP Pretty Well.

My Budget Is 600$ and hoping to go 100$ under My Limit.

Heres a List Of Stuff I'm Requesting for a PC That Has Or Has a Link To

GPU (processor)  I'd Like anything Dual Core Like a Core 2 Duo (the Suggested minimally)

Memory I'd Like something 6Gb or Even 4GB

Graphics Card: I'd Like Something as powerful as a gtx 660 1GB Or Similar

hard Drive:I'd like something 200 GB or 1TB

Please Post a Link To a Pc to Similar Specs Stated Or Post a Link to Individual parts, Thank you!

-Blue

Welcome to the forums!

Here's a link to the the exact computer I used to play KSP on, and it was more than adequate. It's 550$ currently but I got it on sale awhile back for a bit less than that. Meet's or exceeds all your requirements.

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-desktop-computers/inspiron-desktop/spd/inspiron-3656-desktop/ddccz301b

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

4 hours ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Welcome to the forums!

Here's a link to the the exact computer I used to play KSP on, and it was more than adequate. It's 550$ currently but I got it on sale awhile back for a bit less than that. Meet's or exceeds all your requirements.

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-desktop-computers/inspiron-desktop/spd/inspiron-3656-desktop/ddccz301b

Thank you for the link!

It fits in my price range and Looks Pretty Good. Hopefully I can Buy It Soon!

15 hours ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

I honestly wouldn't buy that. The processor is from the old line of AMD CPUs that is pretty bad at single core performance and it is a reduced power notebook chip meant to fit into a fancy small case, which means it is more expensive for less power. The GPU is also integrated and therefore somewhat limited, although that is mostly not the deciding factor for KSP.

With that budget a solution with a Pentium G4560 or Ryzen 3 1200/1300x and a dedicated graphics card like a 1050 ti would be decidedly more powerful.

Edited by Harry Rhodan

Umm...did you actually read the specs? It has a dedicated gpu. An AMD Radeon R9 360 2GB DDR5.

The guy asked for a 500 dollar computer that plays KSP so I linked him the one I used to have and use since I can personally vouch for it handling KSP just fine. I also played GTA5 and Fallout 4 on it so it was pretty decent for a budget PC.

Of course you could build something better for less by hand picking parts, and the OP should do that if he had the time and patience. I'm assuming he needs a decent comp now, not a great one later; like I did at the time.

On 1/4/2018 at 3:37 AM, Harry Rhodan said:

I honestly wouldn't buy that. The processor is from the old line of AMD CPUs that is pretty bad at single core performance and it is a reduced power notebook chip meant to fit into a fancy small case, which means it is more expensive for less power. The GPU is also integrated and therefore somewhat limited, although that is mostly not the deciding factor for KSP.

With that budget a solution with a Pentium G4560 or Ryzen 3 1200/1300x and a dedicated graphics card like a 1050 ti would be decidedly more powerful.

:/ Well. I'll try to find some pretty Well computers in my price range. But thanks for pointing that out about the processor.

On 4.1.2018 at 1:47 PM, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Umm...did you actually read the specs? It has a dedicated gpu. An AMD Radeon R9 360 2GB DDR5.

Ok, I missed that, but that is also questionable because the unique selling point of those AMD APUs is their integrated GPU. Adding another rather slow GPU on top of that just strikes me as a bit odd.

20 hours ago, BlueComplexity said:

:/ Well. I'll try to find some pretty Well computers in my price range. But thanks for pointing that out about the processor.

If you look at the intel setups on the same page you can get a basic i3 machine with integrated graphics for 400$. You can then spend the 150$ you saved on a GTX 1050/1050ti or the AMD equivalent.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.