[1.3.1 - 1.8.x] WorldStabilizer - Bugfix for vessels bouncing on scene load

whale_2

On 2/6/2023 at 1:59 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Would it be possible to get this to work in space?  I'm having an issue with a very large tweakscaled vessel, I think this may help if it can be modified

I'm not sure. Few posts above:

On 12/5/2021 at 10:07 PM, whale_2 said:

WS attempts its magic only on Landed or PreLaunch vessels.

And from behaviour in game and my recall of previous converstations, WS just lowers gravity acceleration for a few sec after loading scene for landed crafts.

Perhaps it could be possible to alter check if craft is landed to something like landed or in orbit. It might influnece orbit path on loading, but should not be that much.

On 2/7/2023 at 4:02 PM, kcs123 said:

And from behaviour in game and my recall of previous converstations, WS just lowers gravity acceleration for a few sec after loading scene for landed crafts.

Perhaps it could be possible to alter check if craft is landed to something like landed or in orbit. It might influnece orbit path on loading, but should not be that much.

It actually does more than that.  It was originally created when an earlier release caused some vessels to spawn 1000m in the air.  

I managed to finish the mission, so don't need this anymore.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to necropost but this is a pretty bad issue and I experienced it recently.

So I had this problem, and it just kept getting worse and worse. My rocket was blowing up before the launch scene even  loaded with no input at all. No staging, no SAS, nothing. The rocket flew MANY times successfully before so I knew it was abnormal.

Here's what I tried that did not work:

• Installed this mod (the problem appears to be different than this mod can fix)
  • Moar Struts (removed after didn't work)
  • Launch Clamps tweakscaled to 200% (removed after didn't work)
  • Separating halves (both halves blew up)

Then I had an idea from when I had launch clamp and strut issues. What ended up working for me , was to change my root part to the top most part, then open advanced -> subassemblies and create it into a subassembly. Then load a new file. Select the sub assembly and it will load into the new file. Change the root part back to your probe core / capsule. Save as new ship. Launch. If works delete the old files and leave the working file, and carry onwards :)

I am not sure if anyone has this problem, but the fix (or a fix to try) is here.

I am not sure if the OP is still working on this project and can somehow make this functionality into the mod. Maybe the steps above could highlight what is wrong between the old and the new file. I can share the broken and fixed version, just ask for "satlauncher-0010" and "satlauncher-0011" and mod list

will possibly edit and add upload - don't laugh at my rocket :P no rocket shaming :P 

Update: when I went back to "satlaunch-0010" the file/ship with the problem, the problem happens no more on the old file. So unfortunately if I add two ship files, neither of them is broken anymore. At least I know what fixed it (above) so no files will be uploaded.

Edited by kspkat
update