[1.3.1 - 1.8.x] WorldStabilizer - Bugfix for vessels bouncing on scene load

whale_2

9 hours ago, whale_2 said:

Released 0.8.0 with support for KAS pylons / concrete blocks. I somehow missed the fact that they can form physical connection to the ground. Now if such pylon is found, it is detached before raising the vessel and re-attached when stabilization stops. It works fine on Kerbin with default settings for stabilization ticks but might result in blocks permanently floating above surface if there are too few ticks, minimum downward movement set for something big or if surface gravity is weak. I plan to rework this part.

https://ufile.io/u5xmu

So its a definite improvement. The pylons now appear at a random height above the surface, up to about twice what you can see in the screenshot, or about half a kerbal height. Since they are not higher each time it is not braking my base now, so I am happy to use it as is (thanks for the mod). Just an FYI that its still not actually attaching at surface level.

Just saw last post. Ill try 0.8.1

Edited by Antstar

24 minutes ago, Antstar said:

https://ufile.io/u5xmu

So its a definite improvement. The pylons now appear at a random height above the surface, up to about twice what you can see in the screenshot, or about half a kerbal height. Since they are not higher each time it is not braking my base now, so I am happy to use it as is (thanks for the mod). Just an FYI that its still not actually attaching at surface level.

Just saw last post. Ill try 0.8.1

0.8.1 unlikely would help with floating pylons, but I have a plan :) 

On 1/10/2018 at 11:41 PM, Antstar said:

... The pylons now appear at a random height above the surface, up to about twice what you can see in the screenshot, or about half a kerbal height. Just an FYI that its still not actually attaching at surface level.

Fixed in 0.8.2. Now re-attaching happens only when triggered by actual ground contact.

Same with harpoon mooring.

Hey, so I've installed the mod and I've still got a jet that's bouncing WAY off the ground when I try to load another jet nearby, as you can see from the picture.

Flipping Out

I can't find any controls in-game for the mod, and I REALLY don't like messing with cfg files.  Might it be interfering with Physics Range Extender?  I need that for BDArmory.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Here's the craft file:
Fighter Jet

I have a lot of mods installed, but I think the only ones used by this craft would be BDArmory and Physics Range Extender
Thank you for your time and attention to this post..

24 minutes ago, Runescope said:

Hey, so I've installed the mod and I've still got a jet that's bouncing WAY off the ground when I try to load another jet nearby, as you can see from the picture.

Flipping Out

I can't find any controls in-game for the mod, and I REALLY don't like messing with cfg files.  Might it be interfering with Physics Range Extender?  I need that for BDArmory.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Here's the craft file:
Fighter Jet

I have a lot of mods installed, but I think the only ones used by this craft would be BDArmory and Physics Range Extender
Thank you for your time and attention to this post..

Please post the log file. 
https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/168940-where-do-i-find-the-log-file/

2 minutes ago, Runescope said:

Dang ... I knew I forgot about something.  Here you go:

output_log.txt

Seems like I know the reason, cut some corners and that didn't end well. Turned out I introduced a hard dependency on KIS/KAS. Meanwhile you can try previous versions - 0.8.1 or 0.8.0

20 minutes ago, whale_2 said:

Seems like I know the reason, cut some corners and that didn't end well. Turned out I introduced a hard dependency on KIS/KAS. Meanwhile you can try previous versions - 0.8.1 or 0.8.0

Well ... If it's dependent on KIS/KAS, that shouldn't be a problem.  I do have the mods installed.  Or do you mean the only way ships don't bounce is if they're anchored with KIS/KAS?

43 minutes ago, Runescope said:

Well ... If it's dependent on KIS/KAS, that shouldn't be a problem.  I do have the mods installed.  Or do you mean the only way ships don't bounce is if they're anchored with KIS/KAS?

No, not anchored. Apparently, 0.8.2 depends on specific version of KIS/KAS, the latest as of writing this. I'll remove this dependency later, meanwhile you can try previous versions.

10 minutes ago, whale_2 said:

No, not anchored. Apparently, 0.8.2 depends on specific version of KIS/KAS, the latest as of writing this. I'll remove this dependency later, meanwhile you can try previous versions.

Funny you should say that.  I anchored my plane with a grapple and it worked. lol  Oh well, I'll give a previous version a try as well. :)  Thanks for the help!

0.8.3 is out.

Main changes - I've accidentally made 0.8.2 dependent on specific KIS/KAS version. Now this is dropped.

Pylons and hangars are reattached on ground contact, this was actually done in 0.8.2, but had little chance to work.

Lot of black magic done around moored vessels. Some progress is here - at least the test stock lander with added winches stays moored after exiting timewarp or entering the scene.

so I have an issue when using this mod "worldstablizer8.2"..(see video)(I am not sure what version this started in)http://teamdemonic.com/photo/KSP/1-18/ws/KSPworldstablizerPassThru.mp4

it seems that any detachable cargo within the cargo hold, when released and switched to, in the tracking station. now falls thru the cargo hold and in the video [see start 1:30 {rover rolls on surface}and skip too 8:15-8:30 ouchy] you see the cargo goes under the large craft on spawn. this craft was used without this problem previously, as it just had a little bouncing. the rover's do not leave the cargo hold when worldstabilizer mod is removed and I can unload all of them including the tank cart's.

can this be looked at? 

Thanks

Jammer

mod list::

11/01/2017  12:40 PM    <DIR>          000_AT_Utils
11/01/2017  12:35 PM    <DIR>          000_USITools
10/30/2017  06:46 PM    <DIR>          AmpYear
11/17/2017  10:16 PM    <DIR>          B9PartSwitch
10/30/2017  07:41 PM    <DIR>          Better Science Labs
12/31/2017  09:40 AM    <DIR>          BetterTimeWarp
10/30/2017  07:17 PM    <DIR>          Chatterer
12/30/2017  12:12 PM    <DIR>          CommunityCategoryKit
12/20/2017  05:12 PM    <DIR>          CommunityResourcePack
12/31/2017  12:20 PM    <DIR>          DefaultActionGroups
12/17/2017  02:28 PM    <DIR>          DMagicOrbitalScience
11/08/2017  06:29 PM    <DIR>          EasyVesselSwitch
11/01/2017  12:48 PM    <DIR>          Firespitter
10/30/2017  07:44 PM    <DIR>          FlexoDocking
10/30/2017  07:44 PM    <DIR>          ForScience
10/30/2017  07:44 PM    <DIR>          GroundConstruction
12/20/2017  05:51 PM    <DIR>          InterstellarFuelSwitch
10/30/2017  07:44 PM    <DIR>          JSI
10/30/2017  07:44 PM    <DIR>          KAS
10/30/2017  07:44 PM    <DIR>          KAS-1.0
10/30/2017  07:44 PM    <DIR>          kdata
12/03/2017  12:50 PM    <DIR>          Kerbal Electric
01/10/2018  07:31 PM    <DIR>          KerbetrotterLtd
10/30/2017  07:48 PM    <DIR>          kerbodynePlus
12/31/2017  08:38 AM    <DIR>          KIS
10/30/2017  07:49 PM    <DIR>          KWRocketry
10/30/2017  07:49 PM    <DIR>          LBSI
10/30/2017  07:49 PM    <DIR>          MagicSmokeIndustries
12/17/2017  02:31 PM    <DIR>          ManeuverNodeEvolved
01/09/2018  05:56 PM    <DIR>          MechJeb2
10/30/2017  07:49 PM    <DIR>          MechJeb2 Embedded by Dennis6492
11/18/2017  08:38 AM    <DIR>          ModRocketSys
10/30/2017  07:49 PM    <DIR>          ModuleAnimateEmissive
12/20/2017  05:28 PM           101,888 ModuleManager.3.0.1.dll
10/30/2017  07:49 PM    <DIR>          NearFutureConstruction
12/03/2017  12:50 PM    <DIR>          NearFuturePropulsion
10/30/2017  06:43 PM    <DIR>          OPT
10/30/2017  07:59 PM    <DIR>          OrbitalSurveyPlus
12/20/2017  06:06 PM    <DIR>          PartTweaks
12/20/2017  05:10 PM    <DIR>          PlanetaryBaseInc
11/24/2017  06:32 PM    <DIR>          SCANsat
10/30/2017  07:59 PM    <DIR>          ShipManifest
11/01/2017  12:25 PM    <DIR>          SpaceY-Expanded
11/17/2017  10:17 PM    <DIR>          SpaceY-Lifters
10/30/2017  07:01 PM    <DIR>          Squad
10/30/2017  08:05 PM    <DIR>          StationPartsExpansion
11/17/2017  10:17 PM    <DIR>          StationScience
10/30/2017  08:05 PM    <DIR>          SurfaceLights
12/17/2017  02:28 PM    <DIR>          TarsierSpaceTech
10/30/2017  08:05 PM    <DIR>          TweakScale
11/01/2017  12:35 PM    <DIR>          UmbraSpaceIndustries
01/14/2018  07:42 AM    <DIR>          WorldStabilizer

Edited by Jammer-TD

25 minutes ago, Jammer-TD said:

it seems that any detachable cargo within the cargo hold, when released and switched to, in the tracking station. now falls thru the cargo hold and in the video [see start 1:30 {rover rolls on surface}and skip too 8:15-8:30 ouchy] you see the cargo goes under the large craft on spawn. this craft was used without this problem previously, as it just had a little bouncing. the rover's do not leave the cargo hold when worldstabilizer mod is removed and I can unload all of them including the tank cart's.

can this be looked at? 

Anyway, such situations - one vessel inside another - are tricky. Meanwhile you can put names of vessels you don't want to be affected by the mod in the config file. 

32 minutes ago, whale_2 said:

Anyway, such situations - one vessel inside another - are tricky. Meanwhile you can put names of vessels you don't want to be affected by the mod in the config file. 

oh sorry here it is

http://www.teamdemonic.com/photo/KSP/1-18/ws/KSP.log

I can work with that, but how would I name the sub vehicle prior to separation and switch, thanks 

oops that was the log from the no mod..ill fix that

I do have the vid (if you want) of the rover being deployed and I do see the normal feline rover wheel's do embed in the cargo bay slightly and not so much the terrain. my cargo craft are large and usually suffer from the bounce. but I can work with and with out to get my stuff deployed and Jeb on his way. I do luv this mod for most usages

so thanks for the help

Jammer

Edited by Jammer-TD
spelling

10 minutes ago, whale_2 said:

I can't see WorldStabilizer messages here - only this:

Deleted : WorldStabilizer/WorldStabilizer.cfg

Are you sure the mod is installed?

OK I removed that log and replaced it with the correct log using the worldstablizer mod. my apologies. I was trying, lots of things, to get info..

thanks again

http://www.teamdemonic.com/photo/KSP/1-18/ws/KSP.log post 11:35am-est

On 1/18/2018 at 1:40 PM, Jammer-TD said:

that is a SpaceY service bay..SYserviceBay7m

the mod is SpaceY-Expanded

Well, flat out check didn't replicate the issue.

NCEqp2H.png

Everything was fine here.

Can I ask you to help me? Can you strip that ship-rover combo to the bare minimum but keep the issue still reproducible and send me the save file after that?

8 hours ago, whale_2 said:

Well, flat out check didn't replicate the issue.

NCEqp2H.png

Everything was fine here.

Can I ask you to help me? Can you strip that ship-rover combo to the bare minimum but keep the issue still reproducible and send me the save file after that?

I do work, so I apologize for my delay in response. 

I landed the same craft that is in the video "Cargo Tank-Medcenter" without the top assy. and removed all but the one rover. it is all the same pieces. I then landed on Kerbin and I too don't have an issue, although the tires are still slightly sunk in the cargo bay on kerbin, the rover when switched to is fine...(I think this is because the 7.5 is being tweekscaled to 20)

The problem only showed up when I was on Duna.. I had kerbin tested her before she flew.<so I retried again and on kerbin is still fine>screenshot95.png

I use only the stock Kerbal maps and I do have a video of the rover working properly on Duna when I removed the "ws" mod and reused the save game to test and it worked fine then. again I have no issue with adapting to my unique craft's.. lol, but I do enjoy working with you on this..

Edited by Jammer-TD

2 minutes ago, Jammer-TD said:

The problem only showed up when I was on Duna.. I had kerbin tested her before she flew.<so I retried again and on kerbin is still fine>

Does it behave the same way in some other spot on Duna? There's a slight chance that you were on the border of two biomes, or more generally, two terrain colliders.

On 1/14/2018 at 4:52 PM, whale_2 said:

stays moored after exiting timewarp

Oh excellent, I was wanting to ask if this mod also works when exiting timewarp, but I think that answers it, thanks for this!

I have a MinerRefinerTanker on Gilly that would bounce when loading from quicksave or switching to, but exploded when exiting timewarp. My workaround for the last fillup was to quicksave when full while still at high warp, then (after exiting warp and exploding into zillions of pieces) quickload and landing the inevitable bounce. This after discovering that apparently KAS harpoons are one use?  At any rate, I lost the harpoons I used to survive the first fillup.

Now I have this mod to try out on my next miner. It sound like it should be a great help, thanks!

17 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Oh excellent, I was wanting to ask if this mod also works when exiting timewarp, but I think that answers it, thanks for this!

I have a MinerRefinerTanker on Gilly that would bounce when loading from quicksave or switching to, but exploded when exiting timewarp. My workaround for the last fillup was to quicksave when full while still at high warp, then (after exiting warp and exploding into zillions of pieces) quickload and landing the inevitable bounce. This after discovering that apparently KAS harpoons are one use?  At any rate, I lost the harpoons I used to survive the first fillup.

Now I have this mod to try out on my next miner. It sound like it should be a great help, thanks!

Just checked with my own base on Gilly. No violence and explosions, but harpoons sometimes not getting reattached. I suggest you to increase checkLandedTimeout in config file, seems like 10 second is not enough for Gilly. I'll add something like g-force modifier in future releases.

Edited by whale_2

• 2 weeks later...