2. With Mod:

Spoiler

TQRY5Q6.jpg

3. Oddity:

Spoiler

vR8Dx6O.jpg

4. Log:

https://github.com/maculator/Alles/blob/master/dingens

Edit: Used stock settings of your mod, only markers turned on. For #3 I moved the camera below terrain, it is stil there but I wanted to show the arrows are going through it. Since I only know them from the last pic I showed you (where they were verry short) thats new for me, and I don't know what to tell from it - maybe you do.

Edited by maculator

Awsome!!!

Checked it and it works! It really does :D

That was a productive evening, thank you verry much.

cn6AD5F.jpg

You should advertise that it fixes the vessels spawning in mid air on low terrain settings since many people are forced to play on low settings and complained about the problem you just solved!

However, something is odd in your log. I set low terrain details, but can't reproduce the thing when the game places the vessel high above the ground. In your log it happens somewhere in first frames - the vessel starts with radar altitude of 1.76 m, the WST moves it up by some microns, than suddenly radar altitude becomes 110m. I'm not sure what is interfering here. 

2 minutes ago, maculator said:

You should advertise that it fixes the vessels spawning in mid air on low terrain settings since many people are forced to play on low settings and complained about the problem you just solved!

Well, I'm still not sure the stock game does this.

Edited by whale_2

15 hours ago, maculator said:

Voila:

1. Crashed while rolling down the ditch, but this is the point I quicksaved:

Reveal hidden contents

2. Stil spawns mid-air:

Reveal hidden contents

3. Log:

https://github.com/maculator/Alles/blob/master/stockKSP

All I did was entirely delete KSP, install it fresh, set the terrain to "low" and ticked fullscreen, nothing more.

Unfortunately, that log is not from a stock copy of KSP. Even "just" Kerbal Engineer being installed may affect results in ways that cannot be predicted.

Not saying there isn't a problem. I wouldn't have confirmed the issue if I didn't see it happen myself. However, logs and reproductions need to be on a totally stock game to be of the most use.

As-is, the investigation continues!

I think I found a usecase for KSP 1.4.1: 

Kerbal Konstructs (yes I have a version for 1.4.X ) rocket launchSites now spawn thier vessels a bit too low... on nearly every pad they explode derectly after spawn. Do you think this can help me? I can only test this later, but this is one of the bugs that is holding me back from releasing.

1 minute ago, Ger_space said:

I think I found a usecase for KSP 1.4.1: 

Kerbal Konstructs (yes I have a version for 1.4.X ) rocket launchSites now spawn thier vessels a bit too low... on nearly every pad they explode derectly after spawn. Do you think this can help me? I can only test this later, but this is one of the bugs that is holding me back from releasing.

Does it happen on KK's own launchpads or on stock launchpads placed by KK? I mean - is it possible just to move launchpad transforms a bit higher?

Otherwise WST should fix exactly this thing by moving the vessel slightly above the closest downward collider just before the physics kicks in. 

1 minute ago, whale_2 said:

Does it happen on KK's own launchpads or on stock launchpads placed by KK? I mean - is it possible just to move launchpad transforms a bit higher?

Otherwise WST should fix exactly this thing by moving the vessel slightly above the closest downward collider just before the physics kicks in. 

If I had access to the original models it would be possible for to alter the transforms, but sadly they are the work of AlphaAsh. 

13 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

If I had access to the original models it would be possible for to alter the transforms, but sadly they are the work of AlphaAsh. 

Oh, sorry, that's true, I forgot about that. 

There's 0.9.0-beta some posts above, it was compiled against 1.4.1. I'd test it myself, but these days _real_ physics kicks into my life very hard, so can't promise.

Edited by whale_2

2 hours ago, whale_2 said:

Oh, sorry, that's true, I forgot about that. 

There's 0.9.0-beta some posts above, it was compiled against 1.4.1. I'd test it myself, but these days _real_ physics kicks into my life very hard, so can't promise.

I wish you the best. I think I try to modify the Spawnpoints in the models and move them with some c# calls a bit up. If this will not work I'll take this mod. 

I don't have the energy to provide video or logs currently, but the LY-60 Large Gear clips into terrain during on-rails warp while landed on KSP 1.4.1 stock. Upon exiting warp, kaboom. Adding World Stabilizer 0.9.0 works around this.

I'll have to go over all of the other gear and part types before submitting a formal bug report, though I'm seeing a few bugs already posted in the tracker.

On 16. 03. 2018. at 1:39 PM, whale_2 said:

Seems like Squad finally had fixed this bug - I can't reproduce any bouncing in 1.4.1. One mod less to care about :)

11 hours ago, Gordon Fecyk said:

don't have the energy to provide video or logs currently, but the LY-60 Large Gear clips into terrain during on-rails warp while landed on KSP 1.4.1 stock. Upon exiting warp, kaboom. Adding World Stabilizer 0.9.0 works around this.

Come to soon to conclusion that this mod is no longer necessary, but I'm glad that it still exist. @whale_2, take care of real life issues first and then return to maintaining this mod when you will be able to enjoy working on it and enjoy using it.

Disclaimer: This is without this or similar mods.

Hmm. My first little aircraft and it does a 180° backflip bounce when stock physics ease is done ... front gear is aligned to rear gears best possible ... without Hangar Grid.

I think I remember that someone posted that "too light aircrafts are problematic" - I should start building aircrafts when I unlocked so many parts that I can build heavy beasts ...

So I don't think KSP 1.4.x solved the issue. And I didn't really believe in this beforehand - in my experience aircraft building always was a pita...

11 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

in my experience aircraft building always was a pita...

I would not say that aircraft building is PITA. Challanging to do it properly - yes, of course. There was always being some bug involved from very first KSP version (I started with 0.25 IIRC) that prevents you do create a craft exactly like you are imagined to be. But, more fun with aircraft creation too when you finally achieved to behave to your liking.

However, this issue does not only apply to aircrafts, all kind of base building on other SOI shows issues too. Munar base jumping from the ground after time warp or after switching scenes etc.

I'm glad that SQUAD still fixing problems and released patch quite soon compared to previous releases, but this kind of bug is being here for long time and it is still not solved. And not only with moded game, there is reported issues with pure stock game too.

I just tried 3 crafts I downloaded from the craft repository, filtered to KSP 1.4.1, stock only, aircraft only and tested them in sandbox.
Of course there is no FAR because there is no FAR for KSP 1.4.1 so these aircraft CAN NOT be made to be used with FAR.

Besides the fact that too much parts on an aircraft seem to have a bigger impact (fps drop) as a rocket vessel with the same amount of parts has (on my potato), these downloaded aircrafts did not compare to their real world counterpart by any means:

• not able to climb more than 15 m/s at full thrust incl. afterburner without loosing speed
  • not capable of holding altitude as well when at barely 2500m alt and 150 m/s using as much trim as possible
    (this includes mods, like the - not really finished - aircraft autopilot module of MJ)
  • using so much fuel that it seems they have much less fuel in stock as their real world counterpart or the engines are not using a real-ish amount of fuel or whatever - and that would be the planet earth which makes this all worse
    (using RO / RSS these aircraft would fail much more than they already do)

So either these craft files I downloaded are miserable or KSP is or I am ... :cool:

Edited by Gordon Dry

Boi  - whale dude, It's 0:09 am on a Friday night... I spent 2 hours testing an Eve lander + gilly refuel for the main stage - all to end up being destroyed by physics easing into a bounce-bug of a 124-ton vessel that gets compressed into the ground and imploded into little pieces of salami. By God, this mod saved my day and week. Hell, if it wasn't enough that Gilly SUCKS for landing after you land for a refuel you need to battle the Kraken if you want to survive the time warp, or I guess you can leave the ship to refuel overnight (has someone actually done that ????).

Anyway KUDOS. PROPS. Hallelujah. bro if I wasn't stuck in crippling poverty I would send you $5 to grab yourself a beer and drink it with style. This mod rocks. I can't emphasize this enough - THIS MOD ROCKS.

Thank you, dude. I signed up to this forum explicitly to thank you here.  That was worth it.

Another note, if you are not aware of it already: landing legs from Roverdude USI mod (I think it is from MKS, but, I'm not sure) have option "theter to ground".

What it does, it stick craft landing legs to the ground once you landed. It seems that it "autostrut" landing legs to planet surface or something. Anyhow, effect is if you are landed on slope, for example, craft would no longer going to drift due to low gravity and friction. I guess it can be of help on Gilly too, with timewarp and similar kraken baits. I think it can stabilize craft in similar manner as KAS harpoons.

19 minutes ago, kcs123 said:

What it does, it stick craft landing legs to the ground once you landed. It seems that it "autostrut" landing legs to planet surface or something.

I didn't know that, this might have to be addressed in WST for 1.3.1 (as long as it is yet used) - I disconnect everything before moving vessels up and down and reconnect after settling.