[1.3.1 - 1.8.x] WorldStabilizer - Bugfix for vessels bouncing on scene load

whale_2

6 hours ago, whale_2 said:

I didn't know that, this might have to be addressed in WST for 1.3.1 (as long as it is yet used) - I disconnect everything before moving vessels up and down and reconnect after settling.

I didn't noticed anything wrong while I was using landing legs from USI part pack and this mod in 1.3.1. Can't tell much about 1.4.x, I didn't have oportunity to play it much.

5 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

I guess I have to test the 0.9.0 dev and try it again with that scenario:

"Using the KS-X1 gears make the plane jump and self-destruct on "touch-down"

If it happens on touch-down, not on scene loading, WorldStabilizer can't do much - it only active first handful of frames...
Well, I mean touch-down during normal aircraft landing.

Edited by whale_2

38 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

OMG it works with that same craft that did a back-flip jump without ... v0.9.0 beta on KSP 1.4.2

Well, I told you and other in Airplane Plus thread that this mod could help, you should try it sooner :wink:
Anyhow, I'm glad that it worked for you and that whale_2 made it in a first place.

• 2 weeks later...

I get an NRE when docking in space

Spoiler

[ERR 20:21:13.774] Exception handling event onVesselSwitching in class WorldStabilizer:System.NullReferenceException: 
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Object:get_name ()
  at WorldStabilizer.WorldStabilizer.onVesselSwitching (.Vessel from, .Vessel to) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`2[Vessel,Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data0, .Vessel data1) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[EXC 20:21:13.775] NullReferenceException
    WorldStabilizer.WorldStabilizer.onVesselSwitching (.Vessel from, .Vessel to)
    EventData`2[Vessel,Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data0, .Vessel data1)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    EventData`2:Fire(Vessel, Vessel)
    FlightGlobals:setActiveVessel(Vessel, Boolean)
    FlightGlobals:ForceSetActiveVessel(Vessel)
    ModuleDockingNode:DockToVessel(ModuleDockingNode)
    ModuleDockingNode:<SetupFSM>m__14()
    KerbalFSM:RunEvent(KFSMEvent)
    KerbalFSM:updateFSM(KFSMUpdateMode)
    KerbalFSM:UpdateFSM()
    ModuleDockingNode:Update()

I'm on KSP 1.4.2 with World Stabilizer 0.9.1.

As far as I can see, there are no more negative effects from the NRE, but is it even intended to run when docking in space? I thought it was targeting physics when landed...

I seem to be having an issue with this mod, I'm not entirely sure that this mod is the culprit but it seems likely. I'm using OPT parts, I actually got this mod to resolve an issue with OPT, and it worked perfectly. My problem though is that now some crafts with OPT parts are getting stuck on spawn. I haven't been able to nail down a specific part that is being held in place but whenever I spawn the vehicle onto the runway it eases it down onto the runway, but the back end stays in the air just a bit. If I bring the gear up the nose will fall onto the ground but the tail is held in place, full throttle on engines and it stays perfectly still. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

14 hours ago, Warezcrawler said:

As far as I can see, there are no more negative effects from the NRE, but is it even intended to run when docking in space? I thought it was targeting physics when landed...

No, of course it is not intended. Indeed seems like non-critical issue, but I'll fix it soon nevertheless. 

4 hours ago, RokkyRaccoon said:

I seem to be having an issue with this mod, I'm not entirely sure that this mod is the culprit but it seems likely. I'm using OPT parts, I actually got this mod to resolve an issue with OPT, and it worked perfectly. My problem though is that now some crafts with OPT parts are getting stuck on spawn. I haven't been able to nail down a specific part that is being held in place but whenever I spawn the vehicle onto the runway it eases it down onto the runway, but the back end stays in the air just a bit. If I bring the gear up the nose will fall onto the ground but the tail is held in place, full throttle on engines and it stays perfectly still. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Could you please do the following:
* Make sure you don't have the same issue without WorldStabilizer

* If so, share the log file and the craft file.

18 hours ago, Warezcrawler said:

I'm on KSP 1.4.2 with World Stabilizer 0.9.1.

Hmm, can't reproduce this, seems like the docking alone is not enough... Anyway, I'll put some safeguarding into that place. Also, of you have the complete log, I'd like to look at it.

Ok, found it. Fix to follow.

Edited by whale_2

10 hours ago, whale_2 said:

Could you please do the following:
* Make sure you don't have the same issue without WorldStabilizer

* If so, share the log file and the craft file.

Turns out the problem persisted after removing WorldStabilizer, sorry I really should have checked that first. Back to the drawing board it seems. :confused:

Nevermind I found it, after a little research it seems like this is a known issue with FAR (I think?) that happens if you clip wings together.

Edited by RokkyRaccoon

@Warezcrawler, in my opinion 1.4.0 was good enough, however other players reported there were some bugs that WorldStabilizer fixed. As of 1.4.3 - I have no idea, didn't try it yet - going to wait for reports to come.

Edited by whale_2

11 minutes ago, SwissSpace93 said:

Isthis mod available for 1.3.0? i have a problem with my PlanetaryBase thats going crazy when i load it, and i'm still at 1.3.0?

I guess 1.3.1 version should work in 1.3.0 as well. If it doesn't - just let me know, I will rebuild it for 1.3.0 specifically.

1 hour ago, whale_2 said:

I guess 1.3.1 version should work in 1.3.0 as well. If it doesn't - just let me know, I will rebuild it for 1.3.0 specifically.

Dont work the AVC says thats not compatible, and the Base still goes crazy when loading it.

21 minutes ago, SwissSpace93 said:

Dont work the AVC says thats not compatible, and the Base still goes crazy when loading it.

You can ignore the AVC, but still please post the log file. 

It works now when i set StabilizationTicks to 1000 in the config, thats nice now i can use my Base without Kraken-Surprises.:D

6JaaodP.jpg

In a few Time warpings it happens that the Base is falling underground, but it comes back up with no damage.

did you suggest me to change some other configs?