noob alert!! contract wont complete

so i got a contract to get an unmanned space probe into an equatorial orbit around the mun, but it wont complete. it says my apoapsis must be 232,000m and periapsis 211,000m and i have met these down to the nearest 100m and my inclination must be 180° which for all i can tell it is, give or take 5°. any help is much appreciated, thanks.

Hello, and welcome to the forums!  :)

(Moving your gameplay question to Gameplay Questions.)

1 hour ago, bmtzebra said:

so i got a contract to get an unmanned space probe into an equatorial orbit around the mun, but it wont complete. it says my apoapsis must be 232,000m and periapsis 211,000m and i have met these down to the nearest 100m and my inclination must be 180° which for all i can tell it is, give or take 5°. any help is much appreciated, thanks.

A couple of things: 

First, "give or take five degrees" is actually quite a bit-- I don't know exactly how much "slop" it allows, but I'd guess it's likely a lot smaller than 5 degrees.

Second, when it says "180 degrees" ... please be aware that means orbiting retrograde, i.e. from east to west.  Are you orbiting in the correct direction?

8 hours ago, Snark said:

I don't know exactly how much "slop" it allows, but I'd guess it's likely a lot smaller than 5 degrees.

Probably within a degree or less. The good news is, if that's the only thing that's wrong, it's easy enough to fix unless you're completely out of fuel.  Just a very small normal/antinormal burn at the ascending or descending node to correct it.

Another possible problem is that even if your apoapsis and periapsis are at the right distances, they could be in the wrong place(argument of periapsis). Check the orbit in map view and make sure that everything lines up correctly there.

Also, make sure your probe has ALL the required parts.  There's been plenty of times when I finally got a probe launched, into the correct orbit etc, and had everything else correct...only to realize that the contract required an accelerometer or something and I hadn't put on on there.

And finally, make sure it's actually showing up as a probe if that's what the contract requires. Mostly only an issue if I'm using certain mods, but there's been times when a contract failed to complete because it required a PROBE, but the game was classifying mine as a RELAY. You can just right-click on the probe core and select "rename vessel" to correct this.

Adding to the 'be sure to have the specified parts', alway click the little plus signs '+' to expand each parameter and be sure you aren't missing anything :)

I've had issues using add-on parts that sometimes get recognized for contracts, sometimes not. I'll often test fly and Alt+F12 as needed to be sure the parts and craft work for the contract before proceeding for real. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.