[1.3.1, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7] Procedural Parts - Tidal Stream Branch

Tidal Stream

Just now, Jacke said:

Si está en una computadora con Windows (versión reciente), en las versiones recientes de KSP está en su directorio de perfil de usuario, que normalmente se encuentra aquí:

C: \ Users \ <nombre de usuario> \ AppData \ LocalLow \ Squad \ Kerbal Space Program \

Más detalles en la publicación de solución de problemas vinculados en mi firma.

I added the output ago one hour, but thanks.  Apparently I just needed to disable the hidden files.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/28/2018 at 5:05 PM, Daedalus451 said:

Incompatible. There's a popup message that won't go away. Grr.

I am using in 1.5.1 without problems.   You get the incompatible message during the load screen, that is a version checker step , however I had no issues during load or play

I'm loosing attachment nodes on one side of a circular procedural fuel tank if it gets resized, specifically the side that is moving as a result of the resize. I also get occasional KSP crashes and exceptions related to node joints.

I tried look at the code myself, but it's very different from the kind of KSP plugins I'm used to.

• 2 weeks later...

@Tidal Stream Thanks for keeping this one going! I use this and Janitor's Closet to cut many of the redundant fuel tanks out of my VAB (and also the loading time).

I submitted a minor glitch ticket on Github.  I was doing a 1.5.1 career game and didn't see the PP TACLS tank.

I think the TACLS configuration file in ..\Parts\ZOtherMods needs to have the first line changed from "PART:NEEDS[TacLifeSupport] " to "PART:NEEDS[ThunderAerospace]".

Edited by Padrone
Problem on tester's side, not mod's side.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I use Snacks and was wondering, is there a way to include a procedural snacks tank in this mod? I mean, by myself actually, I'm not very used to tinkering with part modules and such, but if someone could give me a hand I could try that.

1 hour ago, Vegetal said:

Hey, I use Snacks and was wondering, is there a way to include a procedural snacks tank in this mod? I mean, by myself actually, I'm not very used to tinkering with part modules and such, but if someone could give me a hand I could try that.

I did the one for USI-LS can probably help you out, the hardest part is to figure out the volume of snacks that fit on an specific type tank to come out with the multiplication factor. 

1 hour ago, Tidal Stream said:

What I suggest is to use a module manager that is FOR: ProceduralParts and Snacks, and use +Part to create a custom procedural tank.

That's what I was thinking, I'm just not very familiar with module manager patches, I just made some reaaaally basic ones. I'll see if I get the mass ratios.

Here's some data from the "resources" file on Snacks:

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
    name = Snacks
    density = 0.001
    unitCost = .5
    flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
    transfer = PUMP
    isTweakable = true
    volume = 1
}

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
    name = Soil
    density = 0.001
    unitCost = .5
    flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
    transfer = PUMP
    isTweakable = true
    volume = 1
}

And from the SnackTin1500 (the 2.5m container), I see in the files 0.15 mass (I guess empty), and it carries 1500 Snack units. I dunno if you have enough info there, but I guess that knowing resource density, volume and amount is enough? Let me know if you need anything else.

EDIT: The 2.5 container has 1.125m in height. Just measured it by putting a LFO procedural tank on it's side and tweaking the length.

Edited by Vegetal

Just curious if I'm missing something. I have 0 issues with the mod but I've seen some streamers and such using this on like realism overhaul and they can customize top and bottom diameters of tanks etc. Unlike myself who just has the overall diameter tweakable. Is there something I'm missing?

3 hours ago, mkalaska said:

Just curious if I'm missing something. I have 0 issues with the mod but I've seen some streamers and such using this on like realism overhaul and they can customize top and bottom diameters of tanks etc. Unlike myself who just has the overall diameter tweakable. Is there something I'm missing?

You have to change shape from cylinder to cone. There are other shapes as well.

• 2 months later...

@Tidal Stream Thanks for keeping this one alive!  FYI: I'm using it in my (Not yet launched) 1.6.1 career, and so far I've noticed nothing odd. :)

I do have a question, tho.  Is there some way to have any added in textures be listed alphabetically  with the ones from PP itself? 

I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to do it with the large number of texture-sets I've pulled together.  But no matter what I do all the default ones get listed as a group together first.  Then my added in ones show up as an alphabetic group.

I went so far as to copy SSTextures.cfg to my mod's directory, and then rename the original one to .NOTCFG so it wouldn't work.  The default textures still show up in a group in the VAB before I get to the one's I've added in.

When I also install the new "Basic Procedural Textures" mod, (Thanks, @Tyko) these show up mixed in with the one's I've included, all alphabetically.  But they're all still after the default textures group.

It's like the original textures have some sort of gold ticket to move to the front of the line! :confused:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.