[1.3.1, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7] Procedural Parts - Tidal Stream Branch

Tidal Stream

• 1 month later...

@Tidal Stream hmm.. I see 1.2.18 ... I have a quextion on the versioning... I see 1.3.x used for 1.4.x-1.5.x versions of KSP, and 1.2.x for 1.3.1 ...
So is the latest 1.2.18 another update for 1.3.1, or for newer versions of KSP? vOv

Thanx :D

Edited by Stone Blue

• 2 weeks later...

1.2.18 is both for 1.3.1 and for 1.4+. However, CKAN has a problem with versions being newer but with a lower version number so I bumped it to 1.3.18. And if I have to diverge KSP 1.3.1 and 1.4+ branches because of a 1.4+ bug again, I would be unable to use the 1.2.x versions because of it without pulling them from CKAN, so it better not happens. :) 

thank you for keeping this one alive.

am asking for the following procedural parts:

1. Argon tank
  2. Lithium tank
  3. Lqd Hydrogen

I've tried to modify the Xenon PTank, but no joy. Probably takes more than just replacing xenon with argon in the part.cfg. :)

thank you in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

@zer0Kerbal Stock does not use these fuels unless I have missed it in an update, and mods adding fuels usually have to add procedural parts configs as well. Realism Overhaul does it for example, you can check how they do it. This is entirely config-side matter, no need for anything compiled or included in the base mod to be changed.

I'm using KSP 1.4.5, with Tidal Steam branch of Proc Parts, updated to 1.3.18. 

My issue: Proc Part heatshields cause capsules to flip like crazy in atmosphere. Stock shields don't do this. 

Suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, memeconnoiseur said:

Has anyone else also had the bug where you have a procedural part attached to a root part, save the craft, reload the craft and find a gap between the root part and the procedural part?

I've experienced this problem along with the bug discussed above.

Yes, I have both this issue and the above mentioned by BadRocket. (playing in 1.7.1) i can confirm that this startet happening with 1.7.1 and never occurred in 1.7.0

Just now, Columbo said:

Yes, I have both this issue and the above mentioned by BadRocket. (playing in 1.7.1) i can confirm that this startet happening with 1.7.1 and never occurred in 1.7.0

5 minutes ago, BadRocket said:

Yeah, I've seen that bug also. It happened to me more in 1.6.x than 1.7 though. It was pretty rare. (And I'm assuming you're not talking about the normal "multi-node" parts that exist, like fairings / interstages).

I could never reproduce it consistently, so I never tried to fix it.

yeah, exactly! thanks for confirming that you're seeing the same thing.

btw, I gave up on researching the bug, and just created some new custom parts that fit what I need.

I'm only experienced them in 1.7.1 too, it's a real bummer because I'm trying to make BDarmory custom missiles and I used the procedural parts for some of my better aircraft.

though it seems to affect the missiles more bc they're made entirely of procedural parts.

On 6/9/2019 at 6:09 AM, BadRocket said:

First point: this 100% only happens in version 1.7.1, I could not get this to reproduce in 1.7.0 under any circumstance.

As far as i can remember this issue existed since KSP 1.1 (1.1.3 to be exact) and happened in every KSP version afterwards (rarely though). KSP 1.6 broke it even further and, as it seems, KSP 1.7.1 was the last straw.

3 hours ago, BadRocket said:

As the author of NodeHelper, you're probably one of the more qualified people to understand what's going on here.

I am not the original author of that mod, i was just maintaining it for my own uses (and until LGG took over it). Unfortunately I have absolutely no idea how KSP nodes work internally and the Procedural Parts code for them is beyond my comprehension.

Any word on an ETA on fixing the node issue? Kinda want to play KSP but can't because my ships with implode if I try to load them. Any news would be appreciated.  

Thanks!

Edited by Fizrock

Got the node bug too. I tried to build around it, but no way, when I reload the ship the attachment is gone :/ 

All my good-looking rockets are disposable. Please tell if you wish any details. Or if someone have the solution. 

Greeting!
First of all, I would like to thank the maker and those who do their work and time to develop and maintain the mod.

I like this mod, I have made my own package of textures
, but unfortunately, there is a lot of annoyance in the displacement of nodes.
This error has rarely occurred in previous versions, but it is often present in this version.
What is the solution? Does anyone know? Maybe there are conflicts with other mods that can cause this? Or is it not compatible with KSP 1.7?
So I don't know how to use this modus so that the nodes do not move.

Thanks for the answers. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.