[1.3.1, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7] Procedural Parts - Tidal Stream Branch

Tidal Stream

• 4 weeks later...

What do you thnik could be done about such warings here:

[LOG 23:54:19.831] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ProceduralParts/Parts/ZOtherMods/RFTank/proceduralTankRealFuels'
[WRN 23:54:19.835] PartLoader Warning: Variable techRequired not found in Part

On 5/31/2020 at 10:47 AM, Grem said:

Northstar1989as far as I know, this is the only and most relevant branch to date.

So if it's not an "official" branch, maybe somebody should fork it, and create an actual forum thread where new releases are periodically posted?

I'm assuming this branch is "dead" for the moment?  Forking dead mods to continue them has many, many, many precdents in the KSP community...

Don't look at me though: I *definitely* don't have the skills to maintain a mod like this on my own...

I'd suggest everyone to use KSP-RO fork 

24 minutes ago, dlrk said:

Is any support available for the new 2.0 series? I'm baffled by the texture selections in the GUI.

You should submit the issues to the 2.0 KSP-RO fork

12 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

I don't play Realism Overhaul.

Nor would it make much sense for me to- as I currently play on Stock scale (partly as a function of the slow FPS and limited part-counts my computer can support: hence why I want to install an updated Procedural Parts- to shrink my part catalog and reduce Part Count on my craft!)

I'm not looking for a rebalanced fork meant for RO- I'm looking to use the stock mass ratios and such (because realistic ones are incredibly OP'd when it's less than 4 km/s vacuum Delta-V to LKO, even with a SpaceX style ascent and booster recovery. ..)

15 hours ago, Northstar1989 said:

I don't play Realism Overhaul.

Nor would it make much sense for me to- as I currently play on Stock scale (partly as a function of the slow FPS and limited part-counts my computer can support: hence why I want to install an updated Procedural Parts- to shrink my part catalog and reduce Part Count on my craft!)

I'm not looking for a rebalanced fork meant for RO- I'm looking to use the stock mass ratios and such (because realistic ones are incredibly OP'd when it's less than 4 km/s vacuum Delta-V to LKO, even with a SpaceX style ascent and booster recovery. ..)

I'm using that fork without using Realism Overhaul.

From a technical point of view that fork is the only one really alive and where bugs are fixed and news features are being added (as the amazing TU support)
 https://github.com/KSP-RO/ProceduralParts/commits/master

Edited by jrodriguez

On 6/4/2020 at 12:52 AM, jrodriguez said:

Is that actually viable for an otherwise stock career game with OPM? I don't care for RO, personally I get enough "realism" in my daily life as a cardiac nurse &) - but mainly because I find the gameplay is just fine with the original scaling, and I dont want to have to tinker with my addons to force them to work with RO values.

On 6/7/2020 at 10:11 AM, Tidal Stream said:

@jrodriguez I second that, the Realism Overhaul fork is the successor of my fork, and everyone should use that one.

Then perhaps this should be closed off? And a bit more clarity about the RO fork would be nice - is is "stock" when used with stock, or is it OP as hell because everything is changed fo RO values?  If the latter, then it is NOT really a successor, because it cannot be used in the stock game as-is.  Just saying.

27 minutes ago, Murdabenne said:

Then perhaps this should be closed off? And a bit more clarity about the RO fork would be nice - is is "stock" when used with stock, or is it OP as hell because everything is changed fo RO values?  If the latter, then it is NOT really a successor, because it cannot be used in the stock game as-is.  Just saying.

The RO Fork doesn’t change any values. All that stuff is done in RealismOverhaul directly, like before. It’s just being maintained now by the KSP-RO Team, because it’s one of the vital mods in RO/RSS

On 6/9/2020 at 2:05 AM, ValiZockt said:

It’s just being maintained now by the KSP-RO Team, because it’s one of the vital mods in RO/RSS

Can we get them to take over Kopernicus so we can run stuff like OPM on the most current releases?  Yeah I know - and it might be off topic.  But a guy can dream...

1 hour ago, Murdabenne said:

Can we get them to take over Kopernicus so we can run stuff like OPM on the most current releases?  Yeah I know - and it might be off topic.  But a guy can dream...

No, we already have enough mods on our hands.

• 4 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, 某事不过三兄 said:

so,who can tell me what did this mod do ?

thanks

On 1/5/2018 at 3:10 AM, Tidal Stream said:

The features include

• Everything accessible by tweaking
  • A broad range of shapes including cylinders, truncated cones, filleted cylinders, bezier cones.
  • New part shapes are easy to develop and plug in, so cuboid / pill shaped / whatever else you want shaped will be able to be created.
  • Most stuff configurable in the config file, including resources and fill ratios, tech levels, available shapes
  • Diverse support for career mode - tank shapes, dimensions, and contents all limited by researched tech
  • All supplied parts are carefully designed to be as 'stock alike' as possible in their tech level requirements - You can't create a monster tank before you've discovered basic rocketry for example.
  • Other mod support - tanks for RealFuels, Kethane, Extraplanetary Launchpads, and TAC. Heat shields for Deadly Reentry. (thanks to OtherBarry)
  • Plays nicely with Ferram Aerospace Research
  • Multiple textures available for part surfaces. These are fully compatible with StretchySRB textures.
  • A Module - TankContentSwitcher that can be applied to existing tanks (with say module manager) and allow their contents to be tweaked. Tweak any tank in the VAB into a Liquid fuel only or oxidizer tank.

4 minutes ago, ValiZockt said:

功能包括

• 通过调整可以访问所有内容
  • 各种各样的形状,包括圆柱,圆锥台,圆角圆柱,贝塞尔锥。
  • 新零件的形状易于开发和插入,因此可以创建长方体/丸状/其他任何想要成形的形状。
  • 可在配置文件中配置的大多数内容,包括资源和填充率,技术水平,可用形状
  • 多种职业模式支持-储罐的形状,尺寸和内容均受研究技术的限制
  • 所有提供的零件均经过精心设计,以使其在技术水平要求上尽可能“相近”-例如,在发现基本火箭弹之前,您无法制造出巨型坦克。
  • 其他改装支持-用于RealFuel,Kethane,行星外发射台和TAC的坦克。致命折返的隔热罩。(感谢OtherBarry)
  • 与Ferram航空航天研究部打得很好
  • 零件表面有多种纹理。这些与StretchySRB纹理完全兼容。
  • 一个模块-TankContentSwitcher,可以应用于现有储罐(使用模块管理器),并可以调整其内容。VAB中的任何储罐调整为仅液体燃料储罐或氧化剂储罐。   

thank!

On 7/20/2020 at 12:55 AM, NippyFlippers said:

I am experiencing a bug with the newest version of this mod. The right click context menu to change parameters is not showing up.

29 minutes ago, NippyFlippers said:

Still, the right click menu is not showing up with this version. Previous worked fine, though.

Which fork of Procedural Parts are you using? The Tidal Stream Branch or the RO Fork? If you're not using the RO Fork, please update to that. As Tidal Stream said:

On 6/7/2020 at 5:11 PM, Tidal Stream said:

@jrodriguez I second that, the Realism Overhaul fork is the successor of my fork, and everyone should use that one.

You can download the RO-Fork here: https://github.com/KSP-RO/ProceduralParts/releases

2 hours ago, ValiZockt said:

Which fork of Procedural Parts are you using? The Tidal Stream Branch or the RO Fork? If you're not using the RO Fork, please update to that. As Tidal Stream said:

You can download the RO-Fork here: https://github.com/KSP-RO/ProceduralParts/releases

I use the one CKAN downloaded as the most recent update. Description in CKAN points to that one: https://github.com/KSP-RO/ProceduralParts

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.