[WIP] Capsule Corp. Exploration ( Moon Village )

Gabu

BNtsLVi.png

Hi guys!! Here's some work i'v beem on this weekends! It's some "compact" version of a moon base fully functional, with few parts and functional as hell!! :)

Only have 3 models until now, an Science Lab, a Mining Facility and GreenHouse (because its pretty, that's all... :) ). This is the ESA concept for a moon base that i really enjoy and like how it looks!

Modules:

ve7Igimm.png  pycq2Bcm.png  AhWxsH2m.png  

on7LP5tm.png  7GtKiHDm.png  ZggQyrZm.png  

K3L3i8vm.png  CyagoyGm.png

"Interactive Interiors":

Science Lab:

r0VKpfnm.pngH833JjXm.pngSp7fLj1m.pngYoJjo3pm.png

GreenHouse: 

NRVr7Vam.pngS4OpuRim.png8Sws1iDm.png

Mining Facility:

ua1sR8Fm.png0Y0LD4fm.png1ej8HMCm.png

Ground Solar Panels:

sAvapYrm.png WHmUkR1m.png

Altair Lander - "Big Boy"! (Up to 8 Kerbals)

DGYvvCEm.pngSrr5lgAm.pngVXNY4eNm.pngb3sYwQMm.pngRm5sUiSm.png

Almost there... solving the last bug (that I found...) :(

Edited by Gabu
update

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/01/2018 at 3:39 PM, Cheesecake said:

You mean a MADV like silentvelcros?

Yeah! When he launched i had already started the part, so just finished it on my MBC mod.

Edited by Gabu

• 4 weeks later...

I'll give this a test as soon as you have a beta, this looks pretty awesome, and mimics an idea I have been posting here for a long time (a buried hab texture).

You could (if you haven't already) allow a color for the texture in the right click of the part. Mun texture, Minmus, Duna, etc.

Edited by tater

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/02/2018 at 6:35 PM, tater said:

I'll give this a test as soon as you have a beta, this looks pretty awesome, and mimics an idea I have been posting here for a long time (a buried hab texture).

You could (if you haven't already) allow a color for the texture in the right click of the part. Mun texture, Minmus, Duna, etc.

Hey @tater! It's planned this way! The beta won't do it but the official release will.

On 20/02/2018 at 7:09 PM, alphaprior said:

Looks awesome!
Can Kerbals take off their helmet inside the base?
Will be there a launch facility? 

I really wanted that... but no :(

I'm looking forward to this as well.  I play stock-alike but I still get bugged by how the various habs I've been using don't include radiation shielding, especially on the ground, where there's plenty to dig up.  Have you tried tackling incorporation of the various life support mods yet?  I think I've read that RoverDude has a stats design guideline for USI-LS published someplace.  I haven't tried TAC-LS or Snacks, as USI seems to be a happy middleground in complexity.

10 minutes ago, KSPrynk said:

I'm looking forward to this as well.  I play stock-alike but I still get bugged by how the various habs I've been using don't include radiation shielding, especially on the ground, where there's plenty to dig up.  Have you tried tackling incorporation of the various life support mods yet?  I think I've read that RoverDude has a stats design guideline for USI-LS published someplace.  I haven't tried TAC-LS or Snacks, as USI seems to be a happy middleground in complexity.

It's my desire to make all compatibility, but unfortunately I don't have much time for it. Because of that, all I can do it's to invite you guys to play with the CFG files as you want. I really apologize, but I work all day, ( 6/7 at week) . I'm a costs manager on the biggest education company of the world. So... not much time... this is what I do to "relax". I hope you guys understand.

4 hours ago, tater said:

Your MADV is pretty nice.

Have you looked at Textures Unlimited?

I loved this mod, just because my texturing sucks! I know!! KKKKKKKKKK!!! It's not hard to make an CFG to work properly with CC's Mod's.

Edited by Gabu

The Altair pod has some holes in it on the underside, and one near the hatch.

How does one enter the hab? I can open the airlock, but get no boarding option.

Also, I guess the buried texture is not live in the beta yet?

Cannot exit, either, even if I start with kerbals inside.

What's the external door for (as a separate piece)?

Figured out the machinery for covering habs.

The side node for the covering machinery is a little odd for placement. In addition, unless using KIS/KAS, balance might be tricky, though the mass is quite small at 0.2 tons, so maybe not an issue.

One thing that would be nice might be a node right in the center of the top of the inflatables (the uninflated part) to facilitate skycranes or other craft that can deliver these to the surface, right side up.

As I have yet to figure out the interiors, I could see regular interiors instead, with a few fixed seats. Other mods have managed this with inflatables.

Edited by tater

@Gabu Beautiful parts, love them :D

I was also wondering what the Doors are for :P

Do you plan to add a Habitat Module as well ?

The Vacuuming Animation is soo cool :D

I second the idea about a central node for landing them somehow, also i believe the Solar Panels have a bit too big of a Volume (for KIS), i dont know if this can be tweaked somehow - or increase the Inventory of the Inflatables so you can fit solar panels inside.

I will be fiddling with USI configs for this :D

More useful than Altair would be a lander capable of landing the hab units.

Regarding the cool box that buries the habs... it’s fun to watch, but that only happens once per hab. Maybe the bury process could take a much longer time?

A more abstracted system might be to allow them to be buried if a specific part (like your box, but perhaps on wheels/treads like a construction vehicle) is within X hundred meters.

Village construction would then be to land construction vehicle, then habs, then they inflate/bury.

Very nice looking emplaced, though! 

Edited by tater

On 04/03/2018 at 12:23 AM, tater said:

The Altair pod has some holes in it on the underside, and one near the hatch.

How does one enter the hab? I can open the airlock, but get no boarding option.

Also, I guess the buried texture is not live in the beta yet?

Cannot exit, either, even if I start with kerbals inside.

Where?

Inside the hab there's airlocks for you to use. Only when inflated.

I'm gonna make more textures for cover, but when release 1.4 to make it only once.

On 04/03/2018 at 5:03 AM, Jasseji said:

@Gabu Beautiful parts, love them :D

I was also wondering what the Doors are for :P

Do you plan to add a Habitat Module as well ?

The Vacuuming Animation is soo cool :D

I second the idea about a central node for landing them somehow, also i believe the Solar Panels have a bit too big of a Volume (for KIS), i dont know if this can be tweaked somehow - or increase the Inventory of the Inflatables so you can fit solar panels inside.

I will be fiddling with USI configs for this :D

@Jasseji thanks! That door it's garbage from a beta test that I made. My bad to include that on release, plz, delete it. On next ones there'll be over. Same as workshop 4 its a beta test.

About the top node it's a good idea. I'm gonna include it on next update with an retractable skycrane. :)

On 04/03/2018 at 2:03 PM, tater said:

More useful than Altair would be a lander capable of landing the hab units.

Regarding the cool box that buries the habs... it’s fun to watch, but that only happens once per hab. Maybe the bury process could take a much longer time?

A more abstracted system might be to allow them to be buried if a specific part (like your box, but perhaps on wheels/treads like a construction vehicle) is within X hundred meters.

Village construction would then be to land construction vehicle, then habs, then they inflate/bury.

Very nice looking emplaced, though! 

Hi @tater! I'm going to include a skycrane on next release! Thanks!!

Reloaded it, can't see the hole. Must've been a graphics glitch on my end.

OK, didn't realize I had to actually walk in all the way, etc.

As cool as the interior is walking around, I honestly think it makes more sense as a "regular" interior space with fixed seats. Perhaps the interactive interior might make more sense for a version that functions as a vehicle hanger?

The solar, etc requires KIS, correct?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.