Quick question about mining.

2 hours ago, bewing said:

Any non-zero number is good enough. With a minimum of attention, in a couple weeks you will have enough fuel for multiple interplanetary flights.

I think maybe it's been awhile since you drilled. There has to be a minimum amount (I think like 4 or 5 percent?), or you will receive the dreaded "insufficient ore concentration" message when you hit the surface harvester. This means you parked in the wrong spot.

Also, definitely don't tip over. Just sayin' ...not like it just happened to me or anything. :sealed:

Spoiler

2A5B778A9552CBA02B2EE7DC8DEC300051270615

...at least 2 of the drills are still working. Good thing I landed on a hill! Although...that may have played into the tipping over bit now that I think about it.

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

37 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Also, definitely don't tip over. Just sayin' ...not like it just happened to me or anything. :sealed:

Reveal hidden contents

2A5B778A9552CBA02B2EE7DC8DEC300051270615

...at least 2 of the drills are still working. Good thing I landed on a hill! Although...that may have played into the tipping over bit now that I think about it.

You gotta spread the landing gear out man!

Wjmg2m.png

Also, what's that thing supposed to do when it's done?  I don't see any way for it to get to orbit.  You got a massive landcrawler that scoops them up like crap traps?

24 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

Also, what's that thing supposed to do when it's done?  I don't see any way for it to get to orbit.  You got a massive landcrawler that scoops them up like crap traps?

Nah it's just for a contract. Didn't specify a need to bring the Ore any where, just to mine it up.

24 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

You gotta spread the landing gear out man!

Yeah lol...I was sort of still designing it and took it for a test flight...and it was going well so...y'know. I ended up at the Mun landing it with no prior saves; as one does.

Then I massively flubbed it up by landing on what I thought was a "slight" incline. I'm fairly confident it can still complete it's intended contract though...at least, I hope.

If not, the next one will most assuredly have a wider stance lol! (that or I'll send someone up there to tip it back upright...)

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.