Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition - Release Date Announcement

UomoCapra

website.jpg

Hello everyone!

We are super excited to announce that Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition is coming out  on January 16th, 2018 and it will be available on both Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition is a new console version built from the ground up in collaboration with the experienced team of BlitWorks. Exclusive to the Enhanced Edition, we included re-worked and console-optimized UI, the addition of a new control scheme for the maneuver nodes controls, and three completely reworked controller presets that players will be able to switch between at any time during play: CursorRadial and Simplified.   Click here to learn more.

Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition also incorporates the KSP 1.2.2 “Loud and Clear” update. This version includes a broad range of improvements and features that will improve the overall game experience from the prior console version, such as the introduction of CommNet and KerbNet, more tweakable options of many parts, a complete fuel system overhaul, and much more!

We also want to reiterate our commitment to stand by our promise to the owners of the previous console version, who will be able to redeem the Enhanced Edition free of cost.

KSP Enhanced Edition will appear on your library as a separate game and  no data will be overwritten from the older versions, so you won’t lose your progress in those versions. However, because the Enhanced Edition was built from the ground up, save files from the previous version will not be compatible with the new Enhanced Edition. But that does mean you’ll be able to get those trophies and achievements a second time!

Happy launchings!

[UPDATE]

Here are the detailed release timings for the various territories where the game is going to be released on both platforms:

·       Xbox One: KSP Enhanced Edition will be available on the Xbox Store at Midnight in your Local Time Zone.

·       PlayStation 4 (North and South America): KSP Enhanced Edition will be available on the PlayStation Store at Midnight EST.

·       PlayStation 4 (Europe):  KSP Enhanced Edition will be available on the PlayStation Store at Midnight in your Local Time Zone.

·       PlayStation 4 (SGT/HKT/TWT):  KSP Enhanced Edition will be available on the PlayStation Store between 10:00am and 12:00pm in your Local Time Zone.

Finally, great news. Jan 16th is the international launch date, right ?

Regarding the control-schemes... It will be possible to inverse the y-axis, won't it ? (imho, forward just has to be down in a spacecraft)

47 minutes ago, mikey117 said:

;.;????. Why has my previous post been removed from this thread?

Really happy for the announcment.    

But I was first to comment now it' gone:confused:

If you just said "first," then that's probably why. Contentless posts are banned on this forum, probably under rule 2.2.m.

2 minutes ago, 050644zf said:

So, will the Enhanced Edition be localized?:P

No, that was done in 1.3.0, and EE is 1.2.2.

2 hours ago, mikey117 said:

;.;????. Why has my previous post been removed from this thread?

Really happy for the announcment.    

But I was first to comment now it' gone:confused:

There appear to be two identical announcement threads. You are the first commenter in the other one.

6 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

It's an all new version, and I'm sure the save corruption issue has been extensively tested to make sure it doesn't exist.

I would certainly hope so. However, since this issue was the main reason for "enhancing" the console port, it's kinda important for Squad to state this explicitely... unless of course we're all supposed to forget the squad/fte console port love-up ever happened