Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition - Release Date Announcement

UomoCapra

1 hour ago, 0111narwhalz said:

I'm a little confused by this. What is "the view from up here?"

There is a bug on the old console version that prevents one of the achievements "The View From Up Here" from triggering.  Its a Flyby Kerbin achievement.  This irks people who were trying to get all the achievements, because you would then receive a "Platinum" or otherwise special achievement for unlocking all the regular achievements.

ngBhsLu.png

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Kerbal-Space-Program/achievements

Edited by klesh
trimmed narwhalz's quote.

14 hours ago, MattOfDoom said:

Alright squad it’s time to own up. You have the balls to put the fact this has a different trophy and achievement list AND YET you still haven’t fixed “ the view from up here” on either console. What’s going on? I’ve submitted bug reports and so have others and it’s the only reason I got the PS4 version for I already own it on PC. Please tell me this original won’t just be abandoned of updates where I have to sit at the 0 percent earned trophy across the whole PSN

Sorry buddy, it will not be fixed nor can it be fixed. Flying Tiger did the port and since they are no longer in the picture there will not be any updates for the original port. The whole reason they made this new port is because the last one was so poorly done and it was beyond repair.

If he's that bothered by uncompleteable achievements, I'd suggest contacting the support team for the console and ask that the old game be removed from his library.  I'd probably wait till the new one is in the first though.  :wink:

Edit:  Also just noticed on the release trailer the inclusion of the "Private Division" logo.  Makes me want to have a shower after that.

Edited by klesh

im short that view from up here trophy.. ill be forever stuck at 99..  sucks but oh well.  

if the list is the same, its actually rather easy. most can be done in sandbox. and since you only need to flyby and return to get both trophies for a planet/moon you can get alot in a single launch

“The View from up here” is a glitched trophy/achievement that is impossible to get in the OG release. My problem is, is that I don’t want to redo all my trophies to get my %100 just because they abonden the old release before updating it. I know the original porter is no longer around, but it’s still there IP and I guess I could contact PSN, it’s just something so simple hasn’t been fixed in its lifespan. 

Edited by MattOfDoom

The only thing that interested me in that trailer was the reaction wheels and the little wing bits. This means I can finally make stock props!

Thanks SQUAD!

13 hours ago, AndyChilly said:

Ailerons don't create lift? how do they affect your direction using the KSP phyrics engine then?....im not saying you are wrong at all....i'm sure you know what you are talking about more than me...I just don't understand how they function without being able to affect the lift of a craft?

Also how did you get the trim to work? as far as im aware you were just supposed to hold a bumper and move the left stick and it would hold it.

I don’t know if it was a bug (probably a bug) or what it just didn’t work, I just assumed something to do with the lift wasn’t right.

13 hours ago, PrvDancer85 said:

@SinisterSonar i thought trim doesnt work on consoles, at least i wasnt able to trim anything. 

I saw no Word about the trimfunction in the contolsheme threat

I used Google to find it after accidentally trimming one of my satellites into a death spin. But yeah, from what I know trimming something is possible, just not easy.

13 hours ago, DD_bwest said:

9pst Tomorrow for west coasters.

just short of 30 hours from now:D

I'm both excited, and irked in equal measure! On one hand the new port if finally being released (yay!) And on the other, Tuesday.... Tuesday?! Who realeases anything on a Tuesday?

The reality for me is that I'm gonna be up the road and the game will be out for 4 days before I can play it..... Gah!

On January 12, 2018 at 7:28 AM, PrvDancer85 said:

@SinisterSonar i thought trim doesnt work on consoles, at least i wasnt able to trim anything. 

I saw no Word about the trimfunction in the contolsheme threat

It has always been left 1 or left button or what have you and the axis you want to trim... But it wont work with sas active. Maybe thats the source of the trouble?

1 hour ago, Raptor9 said:

That's pretty much the MO for the entire gaming and movie industry, to release video games and DVD's on Tuesdays.  Has been for a long time.

It tends to be a Friday here in UK, probably to stop people from skiving off work/school in the middle of the week! :wink:

3 minutes ago, claptonrulez said:

It started out as a mod, But it's in the game now.... Every time I reinstall KSP (Without any mods for ksp on my pc) it's in the game. 

MechJeb is a mod. It is not part of the stock game. when you 'reinstall' do you delete the old install first? or remove GameData folder? If you do not. then reinstalling to the same location will leave any mods installed in the GameData folder and when you start the game the mods are still there.