Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition - Release Date Announcement

UomoCapra

got it on my ps4pro. I can‘t compare it to the earlier version, because it was never released in europe, but so far so good.

it‘s pretty much the pc-version with console-controls tacked on. text is still small and plenty, loading times are pretty, pretty long, a lot of the controls seem pretty cumbersome and not adhering to console - standards. so it doesn‘t live up to the easy controls of your typical console games - but to capture kerbal‘s complexity with the easy controls of a console game, the whole menu-structure would have had to be reworked - which would probably have been far too expensive

I think it‘s mostly for people like me, who already own and love the pc-version, but prefer playing games on a console. 

apart from it clearly being a mouse and keyboard port, it worked fine and without big hitches so far. not sure, if i saw a few bugs, or if it was just the controls being unintuitive. still, graphics are fine and fluid, the axis are reversible and it‘s still a fantastic game - looking forward to again spending countless hours on it. 

Edited by unami

6 minutes ago, unami said:

apart from it clearly being a mouse and keyboard port, it worked fine and without big hitches so far

You may want to try the "Simplified" control system if you want to be completely rid of mouse-and-keyboard-alike controls. It's something of a radical departure from any other control method, and feedback would be welcome.

while i havent spent alot of time using the simplified controls, i found it relatively intuitive, and im just gonna say putting the rotation  adjustment controls in shades writing in the corner while placing is brilliant.  no one wants to have  to move the mouse to the little square while trying to place something lol

Look I appreciate how much time and effor SQUAD and associates have put into this BUT why you would tie the tools into a CONTROL STICK makes no sense to me. Using a cursor as clumsy as it is allows far better fine tuning. First of all the sensitivity is a snails pace for everything EXCEPT the fine tuning tools. I simpily do not get the logic. If FTE did one thing right that was the controls. Other than that my review still stand. Awesome. But the controls need a fix back to the FTE version. 

I love this so far but it needs control work. I spent 5 miniutesnputing a engine in a +5 degree angle because of the sensitivity, 

4 hours ago, technicalfool said:

You may want to try the "Simplified" control system if you want to be completely rid of mouse-and-keyboard-alike controls. It's something of a radical departure from any other control method, and feedback would be welcome.

i‘m a little bit embarassed, but i hadn‘t tried that yet. i have to confess, so far, it feels even a bit less intuitive to me, but that might just be my intuition. :-) apart from that, it gives me more or less the same „assistive-overlay“-feel as „radial“ does, maybe even a little more. both of them seem to work reasonably well with the given GUI, but the GUI itself obviously doesn‘t feel native to a console.

but i don‘t want sound too critical. it‘s kerbal, it‘s running well on a console and absolutely playable. which is already quite an achievement. i’m having fun.

i wouldn‘t mind being able to customize controller-sensitivity for certain tasks, though.

Edited by unami

As far as radial controls go, using any other tools in the Vab other than move is really confusing at first but seems more consistent. Setting nodes is a pain until you figure out that right bumper switches between prograde, radial, and normal. And last but not least, I absolutely hate fighting for control over my ship against the random phantom kraken force? When you have SAS on, I cant turn in one direction because force is pushing the other direction and when I turn off SAS, my rocket starts to irradically spin in some random direction and I lose control entirely. My last launch not only failed due to this issue but also tore apart my rocket and sent my kerbal into deep space (When you eva, sas turns off causing the issue again). I was so excited to start finally flying again but yeah... nope. Ill be lucky to land on anything at this rate.

1 minute ago, James M said:

As far as radial controls go, using any other tools in the Vab other than move is really confusing at first but seems more consistent. Setting nodes is a pain until you figure out that right bumper switches between prograde, radial, and normal. And last but not least, I absolutely hate fighting for control over my ship against the random phantom kraken force? When you have SAS on, I cant turn in one direction because force is pushing the other direction and when I turn off SAS, my rocket starts to irradically spin in some random direction and I lose control entirely. My last launch not only failed due to this issue but also tore apart my rocket and sent my kerbal into deep space (When you eva, sas turns off causing the issue again). I was so excited to start finally flying again but yeah... nope. Ill be lucky to land on anything at this rate.

Ah give them a break it's only been out for what 21 hours. I'm sure (I hope) a patch will come soon. 

1 minute ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

Ah give them a break it's only been out for what 21 hours. I'm sure (I hope) a patch will come soon. 

So you’d recommend we dont report serious problems with the game? Seems counter intuitive to me. If they had tested the different builds for the game like they said they did, they should have realized something like that would be a catastrophic problem. Especially for new players. Im just trying to help.

Just now, James M said:

So you’d recommend we dont report serious problems with the game? Seems counter intuitive to me. If they had tested the different builds for the game like they said they did, they should have realized something like that would be a catastrophic problem. Especially for new players. Im just trying to help.

Oh on the contrary. I though you were saying you had ALREADY given up all hope...

4 minutes ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

Oh on the contrary. I though you were saying you had ALREADY given up all hope...

No, but how do you expect a new player to fly their rocket straight when if WONT? Especially when youre reentering the atmosphere at 3km per second. I just dont know how they missed this, unless they just let it slip? 

Just now, James M said:

No, but how do you expect a new player to fly their rocket straight when if WONT? Especially when youre reentering the atmosphere at 3km per second. I just dont know how they missed this, unless they just let it slip? 

I can fly my rockets fine.

What is your design?

24 minutes ago, James M said:

And last but not least, I absolutely hate fighting for control over my ship against the random phantom kraken force? When you have SAS on, I cant turn in one direction because force is pushing the other direction and when I turn off SAS, my rocket starts to irradically spin in some random direction and I lose control entirely.

Do you have trim set on the craft? Definitely not the first report of craft behaving unexpectedly during flight.