Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition - Release Date Announcement

UomoCapra

Well, I havent been able to find anything marked trim on my ship or in the setting/control menus so.. If thats the issue, Ive got no idea how to fix it.

6 minutes ago, James M said:

Well, I havent been able to find anything marked trim on my ship or in the setting/control menus so.. If thats the issue, Ive got no idea how to fix it.

On my yaw meter, without sas on, I see an orange tick 2 clicks to the right from center. When I move across the yaw axis, the orange tick moves accordingly but a purple tick remains in its place. Im assuming that would be the trim. Whatever it is, its rotating my craft to the right across the yaw axis constantly.

Edited by James M

23 minutes ago, James M said:

On my yaw meter, without sas on, I see an orange tick 2 clicks to the right from center. When I move across the yaw axis, the orange tick moves accordingly but a purple tick remains in its place. Im assuming that would be the trim. Whatever it is, its rotating my craft to the right across the yaw axis constantly.

Same problem here. Just jebspod, a heatshield and a parachute mk16. With SAS on it is straight, but turn SAS off and the craft goes in to a spin. I notisted the dubble sort of triangles in the bottum left corner too. Without SAS and not touching the controls they are off center. I dont know how to correct this or if it is a bug. But it makes no sense to me. 

yea i had the trim problem earlier.  i couldnt figure out why my craft had phantom forces on it.  look down in the corner at the little markers that show rotational forces and look for little pink arrows along the usual ones,  if they are there you got the trim set on.   just quickly look in the control tab and look for "reset trim"

1 minute ago, DD_bwest said:

yea i had the trim problem earlier.  i couldnt figure out why my craft had phantom forces on it.  look down in the corner at the little markers that show rotational forces and look for little pink arrows along the usual ones,  if they are there you got the trim set on.   just quickly look in the control tab and look for "reset trim"

What's trim do IN GAME like why would you want it on and or off

3 minutes ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

What's trim do IN GAME like why would you want it on and or off

while i dont fly alot of planes, my guess would be so you can have it constantly pitch up to a certain extent, or something along those lines.

Aircraft trim provides for decreased pilot workload by adjusting fine control input.  As an aircraft accelerates through different airspeed ranges, altitudes, or burns fuel or loads/unloads payload, it may be desirable to provide a small amount of input in one or multiple axes, to prevent a pilot from having to keep those control inputs in manually.

8 minutes ago, Raptor9 said:

Aircraft trim provides for decreased pilot workload by adjusting fine control input.  As an aircraft accelerates through different airspeed ranges, altitudes, or burns fuel or loads/unloads payload, it may be desirable to provide a small amount of input in one or multiple axes, to prevent a pilot from having to keep those control inputs in manually.

Thanks

36 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Any chance of a debug menu? I can't live without my infinite fuel and crash tolerance cheats! :P

You have the cheat menu on console now. See if you can find it :)

37 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Any chance of a debug menu? I can't live without my infinite fuel and crash tolerance cheats! :P

From another thread!

20 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

We want players to figure that out for themselves.

But, here's a Hint:

It is a reference to the third generation of video game consoles and you access it from the Pause Menu.

I have another review to make. I absolutely love the idea of Plasma Blackout but I think you should be able to transmit during it instead of losing control. Cassini on its plug toward Saturn had pre programmed movements so... I think that losing control is weird because in the real world than usally never happens if the ground crew wants something out of its last moments. For example I'm launching a survey satillites it will EVENTUALLY loss its usefulness for me so when I de orbit many I can get some last science out of it BEFORE I hit plasma blackout, 

Also please add a CLEAR BUTTON that enables and disables trim

9 hours ago, luckyluca said:

Hi KSP, Are you going to push the consoles controller mechanics and layouts to the PC version?

It would be fantastic for xbox 360 and xbox1 controller owners on the pc versions!

Urm no thankyou....I play with a mouse, keyboard and flight stick :)

9 minutes ago, klesh said:

On PC, mods.  The vanilla game doesn't tell you.

... with one exception. If you're orbiting Kerbin, you can set your target to the Mun, and then the AN/DN will report inclination. In any other case, yes, you would have to guess.

6 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

... with one exception. If you're orbiting Kerbin, you can set your target to the Mun, and then the AN/DN will report inclination. In any other case, yes, you would have to guess.

Fancy!