Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition - Release Date Announcement

UomoCapra

10 hours ago, luckyluca said:

Hi KSP, Are you going to push the consoles controller mechanics and layouts to the PC version?

It would be fantastic for xbox 360 and xbox1 controller owners on the pc versions!

I can't be more emphatic when I say "NO!".

Unless they can be turned off and the existing PC setup be kept.

1 hour ago, Raptor9 said:

I can't be more emphatic when I say "NO!".

Unless they can be turned off and the existing PC setup be kept.

Of course it makes sense to have the option to turn it off in order not to disrupt existing custom assignments.

Anyway I'd amazing to know from the devs what their plan is regarding console controller implementation to the pc version.

thanks

I broke the game ;.;

I tried to switch from one craft to the other around the moon using the LB and D-pad, but the craft was way to far away. Like other side of the mun. I went to the map using LB+RB, selected the other craft and pressed the switch to button. It didn’t switch to it, and now i cant save the game, I cant go back to space center. I have turned the xbox off, went to bed, no this morning same problem. Once in space i cant save and cant return to the space center. The game will load a saved game, but if i load the game just before the switch, same problem. If I load a saved game hours before the mun switch the game works fine.

I did do a EVA crewtransfer just before trying to switch, and I had the mission explore the mun active. (This mission I can not discart any more)

other question, Is there a easy way to fly your kerbal in EVA? In the old version it was soo easy to fly, but now If i try to aim my kerbal in the right direction, he or she keeps on spinning. SAS doesnt help, I use time warp to stop the spin. In the old version if you aimed the camera at something the kerbal would automaticly position it self to what ever you are aiming at. That doesnt work anymore. Tips anyone?

Edited by Haye

I've experienced another game breaking bug. Got on KSP today to get some vessels docked with my space station, and my controls for the station are completely locked out. I can't use throttle, move the camera, open the map, or even pause the game to open the debug menu. I'm getting some serious deja vu...

On 18 January 2018 at 12:14 AM, OrganizedChaos said:

From another thread!

Third generation consoles, eh?

Spoiler

(Up up down down, left right left right, B A start!)

Edited by The_Cat_In_Space

1 minute ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Spoiler tag? What for? 

For the spoiler in your post. You're literally replying to a quote from a Squad staff member saying that they want players to figure the code out for themselves.

So I’ve put a solid 10 hours into the new and improved KSP. After a little while of getting used to the slight but much needed change in controls (cursor mode FTW) I have to say, I’m quite impressed. The new lighting is beautiful and actually useful, the new SAS works so well now I could cry, landing legs can finally handle some weight and they even snuck in a few new parts on me. The Experiment Storage Unit is invaluable in early career as I can fill them with my science from Mun landings and leave them in orbit for later when I have a station with a Mobile Processing Lab on board. Commnet makes the game feel so much more real (especially if you turn off DSN ground stations and make it so you have no control without a signal) and Kerbnet is spectacular for future mission planning. I could go on forever on how awesome the new difficulty customizations are but you’d really just need to see for yourself. They’ve added new snap points for fairings which appears to solve the Apollo lander design problem which I’m thrilled about. There are so many more little things that I could list off but it would take forever. My only issues so far are minute but enough to annoy you. The trim is obviously a problem. I see it’s usefulness but it is way too easy to activate on accident and I would like a way to turn it off until I need it. Also, you can no longer zoom in or out in map view if you have the cursor out or if you are creating a nav node. The latter is particularly annoying because moving the map around can be crucial for getting those encounters just right. Over all, so far, I give KSPEE a solid 9.5/10. Hopefully these game breaking bugs I keep hearing about get squashed before I ever see them or my heart will break in two.

TL;DR: Awesome, awesome game, tiny bugs get stepped on.

Edited by Homedawgian
Added TL;DR

1 hour ago, Homedawgian said:

Also, you can no longer zoom in or out in map view if you have the cursor out or if you are creating a nav node. The latter is particularly annoying because moving the map around can be crucial for getting those encounters just right.

I use the radial controls, but when I have the curser out the zoom changes to the L2 and R2 buttons to zoom in and out.  It took me a little while to figure it out, happened on it by accident.  Not sure if it's the same for the curser control scheme.

57 minutes ago, Karma Kerman said:

I've forgot what does Trim do ?

Trim resets your idle controls to whatever input you give it either intentionally or accidentally. If you hit the trim button while giving the left stuck input it will continue to give that input until it’s been reset. It’s normally used to counter act against a vehicle trying to pitch/yaw/roll against your will.

33 minutes ago, OrganizedChaos said:

I use the radial controls, but when I have the curser out the zoom changes to the L2 and R2 buttons to zoom in and out.  It took me a little while to figure it out, happened on it by accident.  Not sure if it's the same for the curser control scheme.

Thanks, bud. I’ll check that when I get off work. You’re probably right 

23 hours ago, Homedawgian said:

So I’ve put a solid 10 hours into the new and improved KSP. After a little while of getting used to the slight but much needed change in controls (cursor mode FTW) I have to say, I’m quite impressed. The new lighting is beautiful and actually useful, the new SAS works so well now I could cry, landing legs can finally handle some weight and they even snuck in a few new parts on me. The Experiment Storage Unit is invaluable in early career as I can fill them with my science from Mun landings and leave them in orbit for later when I have a station with a Mobile Processing Lab on board. Commnet makes the game feel so much more real (especially if you turn off DSN ground stations and make it so you have no control without a signal) and Kerbnet is spectacular for future mission planning. I could go on forever on how awesome the new difficulty customizations are but you’d really just need to see for yourself. They’ve added new snap points for fairings which appears to solve the Apollo lander design problem which I’m thrilled about. There are so many more little things that I could list off but it would take forever. My only issues so far are minute but enough to annoy you. The trim is obviously a problem. I see it’s usefulness but it is way too easy to activate on accident and I would like a way to turn it off until I need it. Also, you can no longer zoom in or out in map view if you have the cursor out or if you are creating a nav node. The latter is particularly annoying because moving the map around can be crucial for getting those encounters just right. Over all, so far, I give KSPEE a solid 9.5/10. Hopefully these game breaking bugs I keep hearing about get squashed before I ever see them or my heart will break in two.

TL;DR: Awesome, awesome game, tiny bugs get stepped on.

I'm wondering if the ps4 has less bugs then xbox1

57 minutes ago, DunaManiac said:

I'm wondering if the ps4 has less bugs then xbox1

I play on PS4 and the only bug I came across is some actions revert after doing them, like taking contracts or unlocking tech after leaving their respective buildings.   Leaving  you to reselect them again before they stick.

3 hours ago, OrganizedChaos said:

I play on PS4 and the only bug I came across is some actions revert after doing them, like taking contracts or unlocking tech after leaving their respective buildings.   Leaving  you to reselect them again before they stick.

3 hours ago, OrganizedChaos said:

I’m on Xbox and can’t say that I’ve actually seen one yet. Just the annoying trim thing

On 19 January 2018 at 10:05 PM, stibbons said:

For the spoiler in your post. You're literally replying to a quote from a Squad staff member saying that they want players to figure the code out for themselves.

Wait... now I get it! The debug menu is accessed by the k code, isn't it. I'm sorry, I was thinking that it was that, not that it actually is the k code. I didn't know that it actually is the k code that accesses the menu. I was guessing, and I guess I got it right? :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

How do you get out of the Staging menu in flight it says move selected manage symmetry and exit staging but the controls don't toggle when I hit B 

It’s a bug. Go back to the tracking station and return to your vessel again and it should work.

btw - I just noticed I can use "Recover vessel" even in space or other planes that are otherwise stuck on orbit. Is this a bug or feature?

I mean Im glad that Jeb is back hope from moon where he smashed motors. But it just feels strange :-D

4 minutes ago, Agarwel said:

btw - I just noticed I can use "Recover vessel" even in space or other planes that are otherwise stuck on orbit. Is this a bug or feature?

I mean Im glad that Jeb is back hope from moon where he smashed motors. But it just feels strange :-D

They're aware of it...   it's a bug...  and being worked on apparently.  Maybe just self-impose some rules there for Jeb recovery ops in the meantime.

Edited by XLjedi