UomoCapra

Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition - Release Date Announcement

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, luckyluca said:

Hi KSP, Are you going to push the consoles controller mechanics and layouts to the PC version?

It would be fantastic for xbox 360 and xbox1 controller owners on the pc versions!

I can't be more emphatic when I say "NO!".

Unless they can be turned off and the existing PC setup be kept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raptor9 said:

I can't be more emphatic when I say "NO!".

Unless they can be turned off and the existing PC setup be kept.

Of course it makes sense to have the option to turn it off in order not to disrupt existing custom assignments.

Anyway I'd amazing to know from the devs what their plan is regarding console controller implementation to the pc version.

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I broke the game ;.;

I tried to switch from one craft to the other around the moon using the LB and D-pad, but the craft was way to far away. Like other side of the mun. I went to the map using LB+RB, selected the other craft and pressed the switch to button. It didn’t switch to it, and now i cant save the game, I cant go back to space center. I have turned the xbox off, went to bed, no this morning same problem. Once in space i cant save and cant return to the space center. The game will load a saved game, but if i load the game just before the switch, same problem. If I load a saved game hours before the mun switch the game works fine.

I did do a EVA crewtransfer just before trying to switch, and I had the mission explore the mun active. (This mission I can not discart any more)

 

other question, Is there a easy way to fly your kerbal in EVA? In the old version it was soo easy to fly, but now If i try to aim my kerbal in the right direction, he or she keeps on spinning. SAS doesnt help, I use time warp to stop the spin. In the old version if you aimed the camera at something the kerbal would automaticly position it self to what ever you are aiming at. That doesnt work anymore. Tips anyone?

Edited by Haye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've experienced another game breaking bug. Got on KSP today to get some vessels docked with my space station, and my controls for the station are completely locked out. I can't use throttle, move the camera, open the map, or even pause the game to open the debug menu. I'm getting some serious deja vu...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys should be posting your bugs in the support forum for the console re-release.  It'll get viewed by Squad staff there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18 January 2018 at 12:14 AM, OrganizedChaos said:

 

From another thread!

 

 

Third generation consoles, eh? (Up up down down, left right left right, B A start!)

Edited by The_Cat_In_Space

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Spoiler tag? What for? 

For the spoiler in your post. You're literally replying to a quote from a Squad staff member saying that they want players to figure the code out for themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I’ve put a solid 10 hours into the new and improved KSP. After a little while of getting used to the slight but much needed change in controls (cursor mode FTW) I have to say, I’m quite impressed. The new lighting is beautiful and actually useful, the new SAS works so well now I could cry, landing legs can finally handle some weight and they even snuck in a few new parts on me. The Experiment Storage Unit is invaluable in early career as I can fill them with my science from Mun landings and leave them in orbit for later when I have a station with a Mobile Processing Lab on board. Commnet makes the game feel so much more real (especially if you turn off DSN ground stations and make it so you have no control without a signal) and Kerbnet is spectacular for future mission planning. I could go on forever on how awesome the new difficulty customizations are but you’d really just need to see for yourself. They’ve added new snap points for fairings which appears to solve the Apollo lander design problem which I’m thrilled about. There are so many more little things that I could list off but it would take forever. My only issues so far are minute but enough to annoy you. The trim is obviously a problem. I see it’s usefulness but it is way too easy to activate on accident and I would like a way to turn it off until I need it. Also, you can no longer zoom in or out in map view if you have the cursor out or if you are creating a nav node. The latter is particularly annoying because moving the map around can be crucial for getting those encounters just right. Over all, so far, I give KSPEE a solid 9.5/10. Hopefully these game breaking bugs I keep hearing about get squashed before I ever see them or my heart will break in two.

 

TL;DR: Awesome, awesome game, tiny bugs get stepped on.

Edited by Homedawgian
Added TL;DR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All they need to do is just give some kind of (DLC) and update it to 1.3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Homedawgian said:

 Also, you can no longer zoom in or out in map view if you have the cursor out or if you are creating a nav node. The latter is particularly annoying because moving the map around can be crucial for getting those encounters just right.

I use the radial controls, but when I have the curser out the zoom changes to the L2 and R2 buttons to zoom in and out.  It took me a little while to figure it out, happened on it by accident.  Not sure if it's the same for the curser control scheme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Karma Kerman said:

I've forgot what does Trim do ?

Trim resets your idle controls to whatever input you give it either intentionally or accidentally. If you hit the trim button while giving the left stuck input it will continue to give that input until it’s been reset. It’s normally used to counter act against a vehicle trying to pitch/yaw/roll against your will.

33 minutes ago, OrganizedChaos said:

I use the radial controls, but when I have the curser out the zoom changes to the L2 and R2 buttons to zoom in and out.  It took me a little while to figure it out, happened on it by accident.  Not sure if it's the same for the curser control scheme.

Thanks, bud. I’ll check that when I get off work. You’re probably right 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Homedawgian said:

So I’ve put a solid 10 hours into the new and improved KSP. After a little while of getting used to the slight but much needed change in controls (cursor mode FTW) I have to say, I’m quite impressed. The new lighting is beautiful and actually useful, the new SAS works so well now I could cry, landing legs can finally handle some weight and they even snuck in a few new parts on me. The Experiment Storage Unit is invaluable in early career as I can fill them with my science from Mun landings and leave them in orbit for later when I have a station with a Mobile Processing Lab on board. Commnet makes the game feel so much more real (especially if you turn off DSN ground stations and make it so you have no control without a signal) and Kerbnet is spectacular for future mission planning. I could go on forever on how awesome the new difficulty customizations are but you’d really just need to see for yourself. They’ve added new snap points for fairings which appears to solve the Apollo lander design problem which I’m thrilled about. There are so many more little things that I could list off but it would take forever. My only issues so far are minute but enough to annoy you. The trim is obviously a problem. I see it’s usefulness but it is way too easy to activate on accident and I would like a way to turn it off until I need it. Also, you can no longer zoom in or out in map view if you have the cursor out or if you are creating a nav node. The latter is particularly annoying because moving the map around can be crucial for getting those encounters just right. Over all, so far, I give KSPEE a solid 9.5/10. Hopefully these game breaking bugs I keep hearing about get squashed before I ever see them or my heart will break in two.

 

TL;DR: Awesome, awesome game, tiny bugs get stepped on.

I'm wondering if the ps4 has less bugs then xbox1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, DunaManiac said:

I'm wondering if the ps4 has less bugs then xbox1

 

I play on PS4 and the only bug I came across is some actions revert after doing them, like taking contracts or unlocking tech after leaving their respective buildings.   Leaving  you to reselect them again before they stick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OrganizedChaos said:

I play on PS4 and the only bug I came across is some actions revert after doing them, like taking contracts or unlocking tech after leaving their respective buildings.   Leaving  you to reselect them again before they stick.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OrganizedChaos said:

I play on PS4 and the only bug I came across is some actions revert after doing them, like taking contracts or unlocking tech after leaving their respective buildings.   Leaving  you to reselect them again before they stick.

I’m on Xbox and can’t say that I’ve actually seen one yet. Just the annoying trim thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now