Data reset after PC crash

Hello there,

I have the following problem:

I casually played KSP for some days now and had no problems at first. A few minutes ago my pc crashed and after restarting it my whole data was not reachable ingame. The only thing I see when i go to the menu to continue the game is a blank data file. If I click on it i can even choose which game mode I wanna play.

The only mod I installed was Mechjeb2 on its latest version.

After browsing around in my Steam game files I found that my ship plans got saved and so were 5 backup datas in the .sfs format and the saves that I did but I can't access them in any way.

It would be nice if someone could assist me with this problem.

Sincerely

S0M3B0D4

from what I understand you to be dealing with, the saves folder where your created game was working.this must have 2 files init to work(besides your saved data). persistent.loadmeta and persistent.sfs so if they are missing(from the crash). I would create a new game and save it, then go to the files folder for the old game and copy your ships/backup and subassembly folders to the newly created game and to complete this resume the new game and then select load saved game select your last save and see if that works 

hope this helps

Jammer

Edited by Jammer-TD

I did what u told me and I luckily have all my ships back. As I went to check the data again just for making sure I saw that there actually were the 2 persistent data files. Is there a way to read out those and see what caused the problem?

Btw thanks for the help lul

S0M3B0D4

16 hours ago, S0M3B0D4 said:

I did what u told me and I luckily have all my ships back. As I went to check the data again just for making sure I saw that there actually were the 2 persistent data files. Is there a way to read out those and see what caused the problem?

Btw thanks for the help lul

S0M3B0D4

Glad you got your stuff back..

most likely they are corrupt files and wont be readable. sometimes a crash corrupts a file that is in the middle of writing and so it is probably not the correct file size because it is an incomplete useless file..

a crash rarely documents out in the logs, exactly what caused it, but may contain that last items in use.

hope this helps

Jammer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.