Your Wallpapers

spacebrick3

My home computer wallpaper is a screen cap from back when I was heavily into FSX. A pair of F-14s flying close formation out on patrol.

My work wallpaper is a large folder of random geeky/ space nerd images that make me happy.

Best,
-Slashy

My wallpaper is the characters on my KSP forum avatar: Arusu Maria (White) and Arusu Marina (Black)

Desktop wallpaper:

Spoiler

blJsGCy.jpg

Welcome screen wallpaper:

Spoiler

KRqLHSf.jpg

It's like they smile at me like an AI everytime I turn on/ working with my computer (Well, they are indeed AIs in their story)

28 minutes ago, spacebrick3 said:

What wallpapers do you use on your desktop(s)? I'm on a Mac with three different desktops, so here are mine:

A cool gear/steampunk wallpaper:

A Portal 2 Discouragement Redirection Cube:

and a Doctor Who TARDIS wallpaper:

Those are awesome!  Big DW/Portal fan here.

I also have three monitors, and right now I just have a KSP screenshot mirrored on all three, since managing different background on multiple monitors is still somehow a PITA.

2jXIl2.png

On 1/6/2018 at 9:38 PM, Not Sure said:

Can you guess my favorite plane?

The MiG-21s!.. more seriously, I just love the second one, such a beautiful depiction of the RF-4C during Desert Shield, with the famous twin towers of Kuwait City.

• 3 weeks later...

This one from Cassini (which was inspired by Voyager's Pale Blue Dot photo)

ETA:  Looks a bit rubbish scaled down to this size as it seems to be pixelating quite badly, but great if you expand it.

The_Day_the_Earth_Smiled_-_PIA17172.jpg

You have to zoom in quite a bit to even see us, we're the little bright spot to the right of centre on this zoom, gives a nice sense of perspective I think

The_Day_The_Earth_Smiled_-_Preview.jpg

Edited by RizzoTheRat

Due to me being "in between" copies of windows (dont worry Im fully paid-up) and it not liking my multi-monitor setup, I have just had a black desktop for about a year.

Er, I mean, an ultra-high resolution, Hubble ultra-ultra-ultra-super-rickdiculously Deep Field panorama...

Edited by p1t1o

1 hour ago, p1t1o said:

Due to me being "in between" copies of windows (dont worry Im fully paid-up) and it not liking my multi-monitor setup, I have just had a black desktop for about a year.

Er, I mean, an ultra-high resolution, Hubble ultra-ultra-ultra-super-rickdiculously Deep Field panorama...

I feel ya.  Not on the "in between" copy thing, but on the not liking multiple monitors.

It's amazing how bad even modern OSs can handle it.  I really expected there to be a friendly Linux application that would help, but I can't really find one for my DE, so I'm pretty stuck with "make a picture that spans perfectly across all three" which sucks, because they're not all the same size.

This has been my home/lock screen for everything for a couple years now. 

interstellar_voyage-wide.jpg

However, recently, after finding my new favourite show, Made in Abyss, I changed my phone's lock screen to a map of the Abyss. 

uuMuPqg.jpg&token=AQAALf5xWgmfIbMy6tDLmC

Oops, sorry that image is huge. I'd fix it but I can't be asked. 

Edited by A Soviet Tank
Big image is big.

• 1 month later...

Finally picked a wallpaper for my new laptop. Was hoping to find a neat picture of Endeavor, but everything I liked was either Discovery or Atlantis, or too small.

YQfy76.jpg

We've got this set on the shipping computer at work:

plane_crash_hd_wallpapers.jpg

I really like this art style.  The whole nature-taking-over-technology thing.

14 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

Really nice (if only I was not out of likes as usual...), the second one reminds me the 747 lying in the desert in Beyond Thunderdome.

My last wallpapers were not really "artistic" or surprising. Here is the one I kept for two months:

2697240.jpg?v=v40

Then I replaced it a week ago, here is the current one.

sea_launch_odyssey.jpg?itok=osqL3kyC

10 hours ago, Geonovast said:

Finally picked a wallpaper for my new laptop. Was hoping to find a neat picture of Endeavor, but everything I liked was either Discovery or Atlantis, or too small.

YQfy76.jpg

plane_crash_hd_wallpapers.jpg

I really like this art style.  The whole nature-taking-over-technology thing.

Is that Dovakin in the first one/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.