[1.6.*] TIME - Trace Invisibility MEchanics [6 Jan 2018]

Acea

A project of Kerwis Team, led by @Icecovery

qp0SVI1.png

NO DEPENDENCIES, BDAC MODULES ARE SELECTABLE FUNCTIONS IF YOU HAVE BDAC

This project used a special stock DepthMask to realize a cloaking effect inside a specialized sphere. It also has a built-in BDAc ECM jammer, with which it could also become radar invisible. There're currently 3 parts in different effective diameters (25m, 100m, 500m).

This project was developed and maintained by a modding team named Kerwis, members of which are all from China. I am honored today to post this small pack to you all!

Models & Textures & Import: Icecovery
Configs & Debugging: Acea

Spoiler

TXXf5jV.gifdD5rqSo.giffwXSRGQ.gifl2j4UZb.gif1XxPcN1.gifTsG2lYT.gif

Known Issues:

Spoiler

1. Graphic glitches would happen when looking at the ground or ocean in atmosphere and low space.

b9DecJu.png

This is basically a stock issue and there's not much we could do. Please consider more about using it in space. Also the issue would become more obvious if used together with Scatterer or KS3P.

DOWNLOAD: SpaceDock

License: 88x31.png

Edited by Acea
Dependency description

Windows is producing errors when trying to extract this archive:

xu8zfZd.png

CKAN has trouble as well:

Installing mod "TIMETraceInvisibilityMEchanics 1.0"
Unhandled Exception:
CKAN.FileNotFoundKraken: Trying to install TIMETraceInvisibilityMEchanics 1.0, but it's not downloaded or download is corrupted
  at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.Install (CKAN.CkanModule module, System.String filename) [0x00073] in <04c6670a4adf40bf81ff2d9b84fc0f6a>:0 
  at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.InstallList (System.Collections.Generic.ICollection`1[T] modules, CKAN.RelationshipResolverOptions options, CKAN.IDownloader downloader) [0x00194] in <04c6670a4adf40bf81ff2d9b84fc0f6a>:0 
  at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.InstallList (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] modules, CKAN.RelationshipResolverOptions options, CKAN.IDownloader downloader) [0x00028] in <04c6670a4adf40bf81ff2d9b84fc0f6a>:0 
  at CKAN.CmdLine.Install.RunCommand (CKAN.KSP ksp, System.Object raw_options) [0x0020e] in <04c6670a4adf40bf81ff2d9b84fc0f6a>:0 
  at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.RunSimpleAction (CKAN.CmdLine.Options cmdline, CKAN.CmdLine.CommonOptions options, System.String[] args, CKAN.IUser user, CKAN.KSPManager manager) [0x00306] in <04c6670a4adf40bf81ff2d9b84fc0f6a>:0 
  at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Main (System.String[] args) [0x001b5] in <04c6670a4adf40bf81ff2d9b84fc0f6a>:0 

Can you double check the format? I believe CKAN checks the CRC at that point in the code, so there might be a problem there.

4 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Windows is producing errors when trying to extract this archive:

xu8zfZd.png

CKAN has trouble as well:

Can you double check the format? I believe CKAN checks the CRC at that point in the code, so there might be a problem there.

Maybe it just cannot identify LZMA format... I'd go with traditional ways.

EDIT: Okay now it should go

1 minute ago, HebaruSan said:

That's quite likely.

What are the dependencies? I see ModuleECMJammer and BDACategoryModule in the cfg.

You could use the cloaking without any dependencies. Those two modules are for BDAc radar stealth, they'll be available when you have BDAc.

26 minutes ago, DAL59 said:

helicarrier time

Compatible with 1.2.2?

Cloaking should work, but radar stealth relies on BDAc 1.0+ which won't work under 1.2.2

Edited by Acea

11 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Interesting ... Same as DCK Cloak although you can still be seen by the radar system

Not really. This thing has a built-in BDAc ECM too, maybe not as strong.

7 minutes ago, Acea said:

Not really. This thing has a built-in BDAc ECM too, maybe not as strong.

The ECM jammer will help with detection range although if you are within visual range of an enemy or have your radar on you will be detected regardless if the cloak is engaged, this is a BDAc limitation ... Plus you are limited to a maximum of 70%RCS reduction if the ECM is set up as a stealth unit (this is hardcoded into BDAc)

2 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

The ECM jammer will help with detection range although if you are within visual range of an enemy or have your radar on you will be detected regardless if the cloak is engaged, this is a BDAc limitation ... Plus you are limited to a maximum of 70%RCS reduction if the ECM is set up as a stealth unit (this is hardcoded into BDAc)

Yeah agreed, btw I've seen an issue that high power radars are hardly resistant to ECM jammers, anything we can do to improve this?

8 hours ago, Acea said:

Yeah agreed, btw I've seen an issue that high power radars are hardly resistant to ECM jammers, anything we can do to improve this?

Well the current beta is the main focus but DCK Cloak will have BDAc integration to make the craft both invisible to the player on screen as well as invisible the BDAc radar

This is a change needed in BDAc itself to have cloaking tech work as expected

Here's a post I made concerning cloaking tech ... I'v been working on a way around BDAc seeing a craft while cloaked and the only reason I have yet to release DCK Cloak is due to there being a cloaking device mod ... I figured there is no sense in releasing another one if all it does is exactly the same thing

14 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Well the current beta is the main focus but DCK Cloak will have BDAc integration to make the craft both invisible to the player on screen as well as invisible the BDAc radar

This is a change needed in BDAc itself to have cloaking tech work as expected

Here's a post I made concerning cloaking tech ... I'v been working on a way around BDAc seeing a craft while cloaked and the only reason I have yet to release DCK Cloak is due to there being a cloaking device mod ... I figured there is no sense in releasing another one if all it does is exactly the same thing

That looks interesting... but my issue is that any radar could now be completely useless under two active standard BDAc ECM jammers, regardless of its power, which really doesn't make sense, high powered shipborne radars like AN/SPY-6 should be capable of surpressing conventional jamming signals. Is there any plan about improving it?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.