Some WW2 replicas (now with a stock Mig-19 replica down in the comments)

While im working on my main projects, i taught id give you a little bonus post.

While watching the Spitfires fly around in the movie Dunkirk, i got reminded of some old WW2 replica planes that i had made a while ago, namely my old Spitfire replica that i originally created for @SaturnianBlue Battle of the Denmark Strait project.

I got some ideas on how to improve it a little, so i used those ideas and remastered it, as well as all the other 3 replicas i made for that project.

Now their easier to fly, quicker, and just all around more realistic.

Supermarine Spitfire (originally PR MK.VI but now armed like the MK.I)

The improvements on this one was a reshaping of all lifting/control surfaces, adding of armaments, adding of a propeller engine where the dummy propeller used to be, and a slight change in the canopy.

As with all the other planes, i could have probably improved it even more with the parts i had, but i wanted to keep the all stock look and spirit intact while also adding a few improvements.

Mainly, i wanted to replace those thin gray lifting surfaces and instead replace them with A+ wing parts top get a more cleaner uniform look.

T7hWSCD.png

Technical specs:

Top speed: 133m/s

Length: 12.4m

Wingspan: 14.0m

Height: 9.9m (Kerbal loading system included)

Mass: 16.553 tons

parts: 204

Messerschmidt BF-109

Improvements in this one are, stretching and squashing of the fuselage and canopy, adding of propeller engine where the dummy prop used to be, adding of stock Luftwaffe markings, and adding of slats and flaps.

sUuFGFk.png

Technical specs:

Top speed: 100m/s

Length: 12.5m

Wingspan: 14.4m

Height: 17.4 (Kerbal loading system included)

Mass: 18.256 tons

parts: 215

Messerschmidt BF-110

Improvements in this one are, stretching of the fuselage, canopy and wings, rebuilding of engines, adding of stock Luftwaffe markings, adding of dummy bombs, and reshaping of wings.

For this one, i decided to do two versions, a version witch has an improved custom cockpit, and one witch has airplane plus cockpits.

1VfMVb8.png

AkUINOn.png

Technical specs:

Top speed: 145m/s

Length: 15.8m

Wingspan: 20.2m

Height: 11.8m

Mass: 17.058 tons

parts: 167 (closed cockpit)  219 (custom cockpit)

Supermarine Walrus

improvements on this one where, improvement of flight characteristics, replacement of the jet engine with a prop engine, and improvement of wind shield.

The reason why i had to work on the way it flies, was because i was tasked to create a low part replica of this that would sit on an aircraft catapult of RN cruisers and battleships with it's wings folded.

It was basically a movie prop.

It still has a rather weird twitch, it also has very little fuel, and while it can land on water, it cannot takeoff from it.

yizbFVN.png

Technical specs:

Top speed: 92.7m/s

Length: 10.9m

Wingspan: 14.7m

Height: 14.3m

Mass: 13.815 tons

parts: 169

Mods used: Airplane plus and BD-armory

Download link: (this one is an all-in-one package deal) https://www.dropbox.com/s/tdc9zr19wq19344/Some WW2 replicas.zip?dl=0

And there they are for you, a bunch of remastered replicas. I hope you enjoy them :).

Edited by kapteenipirk

10 minutes ago, SaturnianBlue said:

It's been a while since I last worked on that project. I'm quite busy now, but perhaps I can work on the Denmark Strait project again. Great attention to detail! 

Yep, it's certainly been a while and i really hope to see some results from the project one day.

12 hours ago, Matuchkin said:

Can you make Korean war era aircraft with the same attention to detail?

I'm thinking of two very special people right now. First guy's last name is Mikoyan, but he didn't tell me his friend's name.

Image result for mig 15

Alright, i guess i could make a couple, as it's been a long time since i've made any jet replicas.

Name your favorites.

I might as well whip up a couple of my own that ive been wanting to make for a while, namely the F-101 Voodoo and the Foxbat/Foxhound.

4 hours ago, Columbia said:

Wow, these look really good! Certainly better than my really old ones, that's for sure..

Have you considered trying to make a P-47, or a heavy bomber? (The latter is a massive challenge, though..)

Nah, i've never really been interested on the P-47, but a heavy bomber tough, i did do the B-29 and the B-17 before, but i think it would be quite fun to make a replica of the Lancaster B Mk.III.

• 2 weeks later...

@Matuchkin Here you go buddy, a nice replica of the Mig-19 Farmer.

Desided just to make one of the 3 as their all very similar.

U7s6YTK.png

ROF4FHm.png

With a top speed of nearly 160m/s it's pretty quick, it's also very nice to fly, and has some pretty nice STOL capabilities with a stall speed of around 40m/s.

Oh, and it's also all stock this time.

Enjoy: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zf3pnpp6e07t8xv/Mig 19.craft?dl=0

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.