Favorite 1957-2018 rocket?

Falcon Heavy is a 2018 rocket right? Well i got to say, Falcon Heavy is not my favourite since im not going to know if its succesfull or not.

My Favourite rocket is the Falcon 9, a reusable monster gobbling up the whole spaceflight industry.

23 minutes ago, NSEP said:

My Favourite rocket is the Falcon 9, a reusable monster gobbling up the whole spaceflight industry.

It's actually rather big for a mainstay launcher, and the industry is way too politicized for it to get gobbled up.

18 minutes ago, DDE said:

way too politicized for it to get gobbled up.

Thats true, but still, over half of total US launches where done by the F9 last year, and the F9 had more launches than any other rocket last year.

4 hours ago, A Soviet Tank said:

R7 is true glorious rocket. I dunno I just love the look of it. 

I do too! Probably my second favorite. I also like the Proton. I looks good.

11 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Not a rocket

Well, how are we defining rocket? It's certainly a rocket-propelled plane...

Anyways, my favorite is Titan III-E, because if you're going to strap solid boosters onto an existing LV you may as well commit to the idea. None of this messing around with puny GEM-60 or AJ-60 boosters - if your solids aren't at least as big around as your liquid core you're doing it wrong. Bonus points for the enormous fairing.

8 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Not a rocket

It does have a rocket engine... define rocket in this context. Launch vehicles only? 

12 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Why no one has mentioned the Saturn V I’ll never understand.

I think it still holds the record as the most powerful rocket successfulky launched, and performed perfectly.

All done with sliderules, no fancy CAD

The Saturn V was pretty cool. But it didn't perform perfectly. It worked, but it was far from perfect. Also, they did have computers, but they were pretty awful compared to modern hardware. "Spacewar!" predates the Saturn V, one of the earliest video games.

Anyway, my favorite rocket would probably be the Atlas family of rockets, although I'm more a fan of  the balloon tank variants.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.