GPP Biome "Goonie Shores"

TheBeesSteeze

I'm currently doing a contract to run seismic scans landed at different biomes on Gael. I've gotten three out of the four required scans, but the last one requires a seismic scan landed at "Gael's Goonie Shores." I've flown all around the planet and I can't find anything like that. Can anyone point me in the right direction of where to find this biome to complete the contract?

There are a few ways you can find out.

• If you fly a command module with KerbNet you can view all the different biomes from orbit and try to spot the colours of the ones you have not visited and explore those.
  • The ScanSAT mod gives a comprehensive biome scanning feature that allows you to scan the body from orbit and you can look at the biome map in game from the scanning results.
  • You can open the debug menu (Alt+F12) and toggle the biome overlay on and look for biomes you haven't visited.
  • Or you can look into Gael's config file and see that Goonie island is represented by the Hex Colour Code #504d3e of which you can use to Eyedropper tool in an imaging program on the biome map located at GameData\GPP\GPP_Textures\PluginData\Gael_biome.png to locate it for you.
  • Penultimately you could look at Gael's biome map on the Git repo and just visually try to identify it, the maps can all be found here: Link
  • Finally you could keep looking in game.

I'm not gonna outright say where it is because thats half the fun/challenge of creating all these biome areas.

5 hours ago, Poodmund said:

There are a few ways you can find out.

• If you fly a command module with KerbNet you can view all the different biomes from orbit and try to spot the colours of the ones you have not visited and explore those.
  • The ScanSAT mod gives a comprehensive biome scanning feature that allows you to scan the body from orbit and you can look at the biome map in game from the scanning results.
  • You can open the debug menu (Alt+F12) and toggle the biome overlay on and look for biomes you haven't visited.
  • Or you can look into Gael's config file and see that Goonie island is represented by the Hex Colour Code #504d3e of which you can use to Eyedropper tool in an imaging program on the biome map located at GameData\GPP\GPP_Textures\PluginData\Gael_biome.png to locate it for you.
  • Penultimately you could look at Gael's biome map on the Git repo and just visually try to identify it, the maps can all be found here: Link
  • Finally you could keep looking in game.

I'm not gonna outright say where it is because thats half the fun/challenge of creating all these biome areas.

Fair enough. Thanks for your help!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.