Jump to content

[1.12.x] B.Dynamics - Retracting/vectoring engines, Critter Crawler


linuxgurugamer
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 3 weeks later...

Was saying it couldn't modify the BahaSP folder contents, as they are owned by another mod.

 

It wasn't liking that I had the animation module installed, and when it tried to install it itself, it'd make itself fail

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Jivaii said:

Was saying it couldn't modify the BahaSP folder contents, as they are owned by another mod.

 

It wasn't liking that I had the animation module installed, and when it tried to install it itself, it'd make itself fail

It sounds like you installed some mods by hand.  If not, then a complete list of your mods is needed, so I can find out which other mod has the same file names.

It should also say the file name in the error message.

CKAN is working fine, it is doing what it is supposed to do.  

I'm wondering if you installed the BDAnimation Modules for another mod by hand, and then CKAN is trying to overwrite it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer does this tweaksacle cfg seem to look as if it would work? Just wanted see if you approved of it and wanted to adopt it into the mod...

//  - B.Dynamics -

//
//  - Control 
//
@PART[bd125vectorjet] 
{
    #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale] { }
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = free
    }
}
@PART[RetRCSBlockC] 
{
    #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale] { }
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = free
    }
}
@PART[bdMiniJet] 
{
    #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale] { }
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = free
    }
}
@PART[RetRCSBlock] 
{
    #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale] { }
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = free
    }
}
@PART[bahaRetractEngine] 
{
    #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale] { }
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = free
    }
}
@PART[bahaSRadialEngine] 
{
    #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale] { }
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = free
    }
}
@PART[bahaTrrEngine] 
{
    #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale] { }
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = free
    }
}



//
//  - Electrical 
//
@PART[bdSpotlightTurret] 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = free
    }
}

Used RLA tweakscale cfg as a template. Let me know if I made any mistakes. 

Edit- I also did not put the critter crawler in the tweakscale because I was not exactly sure what to list it as. 

Edited by ISE
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, ISE said:

@linuxgurugamer does this tweaksacle cfg seem to look as if it would work? Just wanted see if you approved of it and wanted to adopt it into the mod...

//  - B.Dynamics -

//
//  - Control 
//
@PART[bd125vectorjet] 
{
    #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale] { }
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = free
    }
}
@PART[RetRCSBlockC] 
{
    #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale] { }
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = free
    }
}
@PART[bdMiniJet] 
{
    #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale] { }
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = free
    }
}
@PART[RetRCSBlock] 
{
    #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale] { }
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = free
    }
}
@PART[bahaRetractEngine] 
{
    #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale] { }
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = free
    }
}
@PART[bahaSRadialEngine] 
{
    #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale] { }
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = free
    }
}
@PART[bahaTrrEngine] 
{
    #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale] { }
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = free
    }
}



//
//  - Electrical 
//
@PART[bdSpotlightTurret] 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = free
    }
}

Used RLA tweakscale cfg as a template. Let me know if I made any mistakes. 

Edit- I also did not put the critter crawler in the tweakscale because I was not exactly sure what to list it as. 

Have you tried it out?  It looks reasonable, but what were your results?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/17/2018 at 7:34 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Have you tried it out?  It looks reasonable, but what were your results?

Okay so apparently it is very buggy when I scale the parts using mirrored mode, the VAB locks up and I cannot do anything pretty much. I just read back at original thread  where this issue was first seen from the looks of it. Top comment on that page. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ISE said:

Okay so apparently it is very buggy when I scale the parts using mirrored mode, the VAB locks up and I cannot do anything pretty much. I just read back at original thread  where this issue was first seen from the looks of it. Top comment on that page. 

In which case I'm not going to include the TS patch, sorry. I don't need more headaches.

So I just looked into the Tweakscale configs, and the setting you set is the "type = free", whic means that there are 5 different sizes available:

  • 10%
  • 50%
  • 100% (original)
  • 200%
  • 400%

Since I don't really see a need for these parts to be scaled down, all that's needed is a MM patch to  copy the configs and make two additional sizes for each.  

Look in the Tweakscale file:  ScaleExponents.cfg to see multipliers of various part and module values

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just wondering if this is an actual problem with the mod, or if I've got some other conflict somewhere causing this.  The image below shows the RCS ports plume effects "reversed" from the direction of the RCS thrust (probe core pictured is "forward", RCS is thrusting with H translation.  Same occurs on all other directions).  The thrust itself applies correctly in use, just the visuals are opposite what I would expect (and also a LOT larger than I would have expected from the original screenshots...)
b4vjls.png

EDIT: after looking into the part config and doing a bit more digging on the forums, it appears to be an issue with all parts using ModuleRCS.

Edited by RaccoonTOF
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...