[1.12.x] B.Dynamics - Retracting/vectoring engines, Critter Crawler

linuxgurugamer

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 9:07 PM, Starwaster said:

I'm kind of confused actually - we did discuss certain parts packs a lot but I didn't know any of it was applicable here. Oh well, if I was helpful then that's good!

Sometimes you'll supply a solution and never even realize it. That's the beauty of collaboration.

1 hour ago, shdwlrd said:

Sometimes you'll supply a solution and never even realize it. That's the beauty of collaboration.

Yeah, I helped design the early prototypes for 'pose balls' in Second Life and look how widely those are used. And in things people make money off of! Didn't see that coming...

6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Your BDAnimation is out of date

I had two copies that were different versions, one in QuizTechAero and one in BahaSP.  I removed both and reinstalled 0.6.5.1 from the link in the OP.  Still having the same problem with that specific engine. 

NCj6WMU.png

I just downloaded the latest BDAnimnation, I am NOT getting all those buttons in the editor.

I can't do anything right now about all the Gimbal messages in the window showing the engine info (from the parts list).

And I did see the thrust particle effect animation issue (strange).

Please post a log file so I can look at it.

5 hours ago, eberkain said:

I will do some more experiments next time I get to have some kerbal time. 

Check the log file, it will show you where the dll is running from.

Ideally, you should see something like this:

GameData\BahaSP\Plugins\BDAnimationModules.dll

The full line from my log is:

AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at R:\KSP_1.3.1_dev\GameData\BahaSP\Plugins\BDAnimationModules.dll

I suspect you probably have another one somewhere you don't expect it to be.

On 1/10/2018 at 5:45 AM, eberkain said:

The Vector engine seems to work good but has a couple issues.  The menu and the thrust particle effect.

hvKu6Rs.png

The problem with the thrust animation is the result of converting some files to DDS format, I'm working on a fix now

On 1/9/2018 at 3:25 PM, TheKurgan said:

Ref the Critter Crawler, I reinstalled the newest ver of BDAnimationModules (from the link) and the newest KSPWheel... and I made this video:

https://youtu.be/7RNrKFy3Vzk

Is this how it's supposed to behave? I never saw the original in action.

@linuxgurugamer

I'm getting this exact same behavior.   https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FT2TA-T2f_FTcU5ZTV93agCSqoBxuMlk

EDIT:  HMMM, the log says my KSPWheel version is 0.0.0.0.   Its the one that was bundled with Kerbal Foundries...  Going to swap that out and try again. 

EDIT2:  That fixed it, critter crawler is crawling again.  And the update fixed the funky particle effect.  

Edited by eberkain

1 hour ago, Ursu Mare said:

AWESOME! I had lost hope that the turret light would ever be available again! Thanks a lot! 

I have to ask, is there any chance to make it compatible with Tweak Scale? It's kinda huge for a 2 seat rover.

Did you try it with Tweakscalp?

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Did you try it with Tweakscalp?

I'm guessing that's a typo for TweakScale, haha. Yes, I have TweakScale installed, but right-clicking the part doesn't show any menu at all.

Second thing:

There's a bug (I guess?) for the CritterCrawler that was present in the original version too, maybe you can take a look at it?

The bottom attachment point, below the engine, looks like it's reversed, whatever you attach goes inside, like a cargo hold internal attachment point.

Edited by Ursu Mare
forum unified posts for two different problems

1 hour ago, Ursu Mare said:

I'm guessing that's a typo for TweakScale, haha. Yes, I have TweakScale installed, but right-clicking the part doesn't show any menu at all.

Second thing:

There's a bug (I guess?) for the CritterCrawler that was present in the original version too, maybe you can take a look at it?

The bottom attachment point, below the engine, looks like it's reversed, whatever you attach goes inside, like a cargo hold internal attachment point.

Yes

6 hours ago, HZ1 said:

работа в 1.3.0?

I assume from the 1.3.0 that you are asking if this will work in 1.3.0.

I dont' know, it really depends on whether the dependencies will.  It won't hurt if you try it in a test install, be sure to download the latest versions of the KSPWheel and BDAnimation mods

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.