Over heating/ crashing

Agreed. If a laptop, make sure the vents are unobstructed so the fan can work as efficiently as possible. I would crack it open and physically inspect the heat sink/heat pipe/impeller fan and try to remove any dust/hair/whatever with a can of compressed air. That should drop the temp a bit if there was significant built up. While you have it open, you could clean off the old heat sink grease and apply Arctic Silver 5 instead (be careful when applying as it is slightly conductive due to the silver content). That, in combination with cleaning, will result in significant temperature reduction.

If a desktop, I would also pop the case off and use compressed air on everything. Make sure fans haven't quit working. You will get similar gains with Arctic Silver 5 here as well. If all else fails on the desktop, you can get a bigger heat sink and higher CFM fans. Water cooling is also an option, but you shouldn't need it unless you are overclocking the heck out of that CPU. 

My usual KSP playing setup to prevent overheat:

On Laptop: put the laptop on top of the books on it's 4 sides to get clear air circulation. Grab a bedroom fan and point it on the gap beneath the laptop before turn it on at highest speed

On Desktop: open the CPU casing and point the bedroom fan towards the motherboard before turn it on at highest speed

Yeah I know it looks ridiculous, but I had to make do with what I got (all for playing KSP)

Im on laptop Ive cleaned cpu applied new paste updated drivers deleted some c*ap and updated everything i can and i have seen a difference but still crashes and shutsdown so i left the access pannel open to feel if its getting hot but its not? , when running temp its saying ~57°c but most laptops are built these days to hit 100... Ahh well i will have to just deal with it for now untill my birthday next month then im gonna go desktop and get complete overhaul on it.. 

5 hours ago, Jorda2468 said:

Im on laptop Ive cleaned cpu applied new paste updated drivers deleted some c*ap and updated everything i can and i have seen a difference but still crashes and shutsdown so i left the access pannel open to feel if its getting hot but its not? , when running temp its saying ~57°c but most laptops are built these days to hit 100... Ahh well i will have to just deal with it for now untill my birthday next month then im gonna go desktop and get complete overhaul on it.. 

57ºc should be doing it for you, though it is a tad on the warm side. That's a massive improvement from 70ºc plus! Is there any improvement in the length of time before it crashes? If not, it might actually be the GPU causing the crashes. Try bringing all your settings down to the minimum settings on graphics and see what happens. If it doesn't crash, I would incrementally start bumping up the settings until it starts crashing again and then back down a notch. And that would be a wise choice. If you don't have to be mobile, desktop is ALWAYS the better gaming solution.  :cool:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.