Spaceship Endurance: The Anywhere Lander

31 minutes ago, Earthlinger said:

If I use F12 to set my orbit around Laythe, it'll be the first time I even touch the Jool system. (And yes, you read that right, I have never visited the Jool system properly. I'm no veteran like some of you guys. I bought the game barely a year ago, and only have 160 hours on it. Half of which is plane building. Which is my specialty :D)

It would be the first time for me to do a proper landing on Tylo and the other Joolian moons. I've done one or two Laythe missions but no Laythe returns.

12 minutes ago, sevenperforce said:

It would be the first time for me to do a proper landing on Tylo and the other Joolian moons. I've done one or two Laythe missions but no Laythe returns.

Well at least you've been to Jool. I once tried to get into orbit a long, long time ago but ran out of fuel and ended up around Kerbol lol :D Haven't tried since then...

Edited by Earthlinger

Here's an ion-based submission, done entirely on the "I can't be bothered to think too hard about this, what can I throw together with minimal effort while still looking good?" principle of craft design. The product was the noble SS There Goes The Neighborhood, a xenon-based ship (read: pile of batteries with a chair on top) capable of landing on a lot of places and possessing far too much dV for its own good.

Points are as follows:

Gilly + Pol + Bop + Ike + Dres + Minmus + Mun + Eeloo:
6 + 26 + 46 + 78 + 86 + 36 + 116 + 124 = 518
Bonuses: In the Neighborhood, Powerhouse, Disembark, Regular Ace, One Stop Shop = 1.61x multiplier

Final score: 834 points

Album is here: https://imgur.com/a/a3TuC

Clarification on Disembark: my ship was a souped-up lawn chair, which means I had one flag at my disposal. I did in fact plant a flag on every world I visited-it just happened to be the same flag. It got put up and taken down almost immediately after every landing. I could have just as easily stocked up on flags before leaving (I used a crew transport to move Val onto the ship before warping to LKO), so I don't consider this to be cheating.

Edited by IncongruousGoat

3 hours ago, Kergarin said:

Does this only mean no refuelling between landing and launch, or also no refuelling at all for the entire tour? (when returned to orbit/ before landing)

No refueling for the entire tour. No staging, docking, splitting apart, or otherwise doing what you (and I) are so fond of.

That's the point of the challenge: to create a vehicle capable of making sorties to a series of different worlds without any new resources before returning home to refuel.

Hi All :)

My attempt with a Nuke... and some fuel tanks :D

fs4YlaD.jpg

Imgur album : https://imgur.com/a/Vbz9M

• Gilly: 6
  • Pol: 26
  • Minmus: 36
  • Bop: 46
  • Ike: 78
  • Dres: 86
  • Mun: 116
  • Eeloo: 124
  • Duna: 145
  • Vall: 172
  • Moho: 174
  • Homeward Bound (Ok if only the Kerbal alive is good lol :wink: )
  • Infinity and Beyond
  • Powerhouse
  • One Stop Shop

Fly safe with Valentina :)

mQsU961.png

• Gilly: 6
  • Pol: 26
  • Minmus: 36
  • Bop: 46
  • Ike: 78
  • Eeloo: 124
  • Laythe: 290

Plus Homeward Bound, Infinity and Beyond, Kerbin's Sweet Caress, No Surly Bonds, Powerhouse, Disembark. 1073 points. Equipped for docking so that it could hypothetically be towed between planets by a tug.

Album at https://imgur.com/a/8x5rr

Edited by Wanderfound

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.