Mr.  Sandman

Procedural Fairings & Textures

Recommended Posts

In the last days I have been running around the forums searching for a  way to add textures to the module TextureSwitch2  (Firespitter) to the fairings from Procedural Fairings parts.I found a very old mod from 1.1.x called Procedural Fairings for Everything, which main objective was to collect and merge different texture mods for fairings into one.I gave a  look inside  of the folder and it was quite a mess.I am trying to make a  more polished version of it for myself but I can't get around a  thing that is quite anoying:

J2XyTrC.png

6XhJuqY.png

Some fairings have the "Payload Fairings - [...] [Procedural]" and some don't.Anyone has any idea where I can find the file that adds this thing?(So I can remove it and rebuild it to be more specific).

On another side I would like this to become a thread on where to discuss the problem of textures for Procedural Fairings and to make a standard guide on how to make and plug them into KSP.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Mr. Sandman said:

In the last days I have been running around the forums searching for a  way to add textures to the module TextureSwitch2  (Firespitter) to the fairings from Procedural Fairings parts.I found a very old mod from 1.1.x called Procedural Fairings for Everything, which main objective was to collect and merge different texture mods for fairings into one.I gave a  look inside  of the folder and it was quite a mess.I am trying to make a  more polished version of it for myself but I can't get around a  thing that is quite anoying:

J2XyTrC.png

6XhJuqY.png

Some fairings have the "Payload Fairings - [...] [Procedural]" and some don't.Anyone has any idea where I can find the file that adds this thing?(So I can remove it and rebuild it to be more specific).

On another side I would like this to become a thread on where to discuss the problem of textures for Procedural Fairings and to make a standard guide on how to make and plug them into KSP.

 

 

All the old one should still work as long as you have a updated Firespitter plugin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And if you are having trouble with the cfgs the way they look use Notepad ++  I know if some one writes a cfg with Linux Os there hard to read unless you open with notepad ++ I have one Linux PC and one Windows 10 Os  now sure how they would look with Mac Os

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mecripp said:

And if you are having trouble with the cfgs the way they look use Notepad ++  I know if some one writes a cfg with Linux Os there hard to read unless you open with notepad ++ I have one Linux PC and one Windows 10 Os  now sure how they would look with Mac Os

Oh you misunderstood , I know how to make .cfgs. Problem is all those texture packs can conflict withe each other sometimes and make difficult the creation of new custom texture.I would like to put them all together under a classification system that separate fairings in interstages and fairings walls.In the fairings category put all fairings shapes , each one having the TextureSwitch2 Module to interchange textures.This thing is done by Procedural Fairings For everything, which in my opinion is kind of messy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mr. Sandman said:

Oh you misunderstood , I know how to make .cfgs. Problem is all those texture packs can conflict withe each other sometimes and make difficult the creation of new custom texture.I would like to put them all together under a classification system that separate fairings in interstages and fairings walls.In the fairings category put all fairings shapes , each one having the TextureSwitch2 Module to interchange textures.This thing is done by Procedural Fairings For everything, which in my opinion is kind of messy.

That would be great and if you need help will try and help you has much as I can

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mecripp said:

That would be great and if you need help will try and help you has much as I can

I solved some stuff and made a monocategory on which every fairing will go. The names will be "Payload Fairing - [Texture name here] [Procedural]" and  all fairings will share the same TextureSwitch2 module.Only problem right now is the quality of fairings textures.I tried upscaling some textures to HD or 2k (from 520 Pixels) , still look bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can upscale from what I have seen you would have to have a high pixel texture to start with if you found something you want on a fairing and a texture if you can't , I can put it on them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now