[V1.2.3] Nice MKseries Body [NMB] [V3.8] [2022.11.2]

Kernowden Kerbin

Hello,

I'm having a problem only with an F22 bombbay. When I have it on the craft, when the game loads, it looks fine. Then, after a few seconds I am teleported to a hight of approx. 1000 meters. 

Other parts do not cause trouble for me, even the F35 and T57 bombbays are loaded properly.

Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, cupkolupko said:

Hello,

I'm having a problem only with an F22 bombbay. When I have it on the craft, when the game loads, it looks fine. Then, after a few seconds I am teleported to a hight of approx. 1000 meters. 

Other parts do not cause trouble for me, even the F35 and T57 bombbays are loaded properly.

Thanks in advance.

Are using Quiztech f35 engine?

14 hours ago, commanderbunbun said:

Are using Quiztech f35 engine?

I am not using that engine. I don't think I even have that mod.

I tested the F22 bombbay problem attached only to a stock mk1 cockpit, as well as other root parts. And, when I test other parts from this mod like this they work just fine.

So, yes, still having problems... :(

• 2 weeks later...

There's an issue where the F-22 fuselages/bomb bay spawns in air. Attaching it to any craft causes the whole craft to spawn high in the air. The interesting thing is, it appears to be still on the ground when using VesselMover, because it allows you to move the vessel although it's in the air (usually the VesselMover mod will say "can't move vesssel while it's in the air"). When clicking "Place Vessel" with VesselMover, the vessel is simply dropped from whatever its current altitude is.

The bombbay alone appears to spawn exactly 1000m higher than the normal altitude of 70m on the runway. I have tried messing around with the config; it appears, however, that the issue is linked to the model itself.

A less minor issue with this part is the misaligned stack attachment nodes in the front and back.

EDIT: Using KSP 1.4.5 and latest version of NMB (v3.1).

Edited by o24UK42o

1 hour ago, o24UK42o said:

There's an issue where the F-22 fuselages/bomb bay spawns in air. Attaching it to any craft causes the whole craft to spawn high in the air. The interesting thing is, it appears to be still on the ground when using VesselMover, because it allows you to move the vessel although it's in the air (usually the VesselMover mod will say "can't move vesssel while it's in the air"). When clicking "Place Vessel" with VesselMover, the vessel is simply dropped from whatever its current altitude is.

The bombbay alone appears to spawn exactly 1000m higher than the normal altitude of 70m on the runway. I have tried messing around with the config; it appears, however, that the issue is linked to the model itself.

A less minor issue with this part is the misaligned stack attachment nodes in the front and back.

EDIT: Using KSP 1.4.5 and latest version of NMB (v3.1).

im trying to fix it

1 hour ago, Kernowden Kerbin said:

im trying to fix it

Thank you. This is one of my favorite/must have mods, and my F-22 was very incomplete without it. Keep up the good work!

EDIT:

Apparently the same issue exists with this mod. @linuxgurugamer said: 

WARNING

There is a bug 1.4.* (and possibly in 1.3.1) which causes a plane with certain parts to immediatly jump to 1000m in height upon launching, and then slowly descend to the runway. It can be fixed by installing the WorldStabilizer mod, available at the following link.  Note that the 1.3.1 version DOES work in 1.4.*, although the author will be coming out with a 1.4.* version soon

This might be the same issue as the one you're having. I don't know if this helps, but if the bug cannot be fixed (e.g. related entirely to KSP), you might want to have the same warning on your page. I have tried doing this, and it works. Hope this was helpful :) 

Edited by o24UK42o

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I noticed only one of the engines has a Tweakscale Module included in the part file (the Type-117S).  Is this intended, or just a minor oversight?

And, would you be opposed to me adding the Tweakscale Module to other relevant part files (like the other engine, flanker intakes things like that)?

I realize your license allows me to edit and redistribute things as I please, but I wanted to ask if you were okay with that before I went linking anything or mucking about in part files.

Edited by Ryugi

I am having an issue with the 3.2 release of the mod. Any craft using the Type22 bombbay spawns 1km in the air and this message is spammed in my log. The the best case. Worst case it causes a NAN cascade that requires I restart the game to fix

Spoiler

Failed to create Convex Mesh from source mesh "". Source mesh is likely have too many smooth surface regions. Please reduce the surface smoothness of the source mesh. Alternatively turn on Inflate Mesh and increase the Skin Width sufficiently for this mesh.

So, with @Kernowden Kerbin's blessing, I added "Free" Tweakscale module functionality to the other parts that were lacking it, most notably the Flanker Intake and the Type30 engine. 

Just a part edit, so it should still be compatible with KSP 1.6.1 & KSP 1.7.0.

Download Link: Snag it from my Google Drive

Just click the little download button in the upper right and overwrite existing NMB files in your GameData Folder as per usual.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, so until yesterday I had been playing with this mod with no problems (ksp 1.7). This morning i installed a bunch of mods, and since they were causing my game to crash I deleted everything and loaded up my backup gamedata folder, but for some reason now nmb makes my game crash. Any suggestions?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.