[V1.2.3] Nice MKseries Body [NMB] [V3.8] [2022.11.2]

Kernowden Kerbin

15 hours ago, foambum said:

NMB was working before, but I can't get my KSP starting when I installed the new one

[ERR 21:56:25.820] Texture 'NMB/Parts/Type20/Launcher' not found!

[ERR 21:56:25.820] Texture 'NMB/Parts/Type20/LauncherE' not found!

[LOG 21:56:25.823] Load(Model): NMB/Parts/Type20/model
[ERR 21:56:25.851] Texture 'NMB/Parts/Type20/_IVA2_Base_Color' not found!

[ERR 21:56:25.851] Texture 'NMB/Parts/Type20/03___Default_Base_Color' not found!

[ERR 21:56:25.852] Texture 'NMB/Parts/Type20/_IVA2_Base_Color 1' not found!

and

[ERR 21:56:26.118] Texture 'NMB/Props/Handrail/Handrail' not found!

[LOG 21:56:26.121] Load(Model): NMB/Props/Handrail2/model
[ERR 21:56:26.130] Texture 'NMB/Props/Handrail2/Handrail' not found!

[LOG 21:56:26.133] Load(Model): NMB/Props/Handrail3/model
[ERR 21:56:26.141] Texture 'NMB/Props/Handrail3/Handrail' not found!

[LOG 21:56:26.144] Load(Model): NMB/Props/Handrail4/model
[ERR 21:56:26.146] Texture 'NMB/Props/Handrail4/H4' not found!

[LOG 21:56:26.149] Load(Model): NMB/Props/HUD/model
[ERR 21:56:26.199] Texture 'NMB/Props/HUD/HB' not found!

[LOG 21:56:26.202] Load(Model): NMB/Props/HUD/model2
[ERR 21:56:26.243] Texture 'NMB/Props/HUD/HB' not found!

When I uninstall NMB I can get KSP to start

It is because the textures are in DXT3 and not the DXT5 which KSP 1.8.X and 1.9.X uses. As well as the resolution is not in the right setting

I got mine to work for a bit while we get an official update from KernowdenKerbin. I linked  the folder with the temporarily fix.  All that is needs to be done is copy the files individually into the correct folder. Each folder has the name of the folder it needs to go to in the mod: GameData/NMB/Props.  Just make sure to backup the whole mod file before replacing, in case of failure. Use at your own risk.

3 hours ago, commanderbunbun said:

I got mine to work for a bit while we get an official update from KernowdenKerbin. I linked  the folder with the temporarily fix.  All that is needs to be done is copy the files individually into the correct folder. Each folder has the name of the folder it needs to go to in the mod: GameData/NMB/Props.  Just make sure to backup the whole mod file before replacing, in case of failure. Use at your own risk.

Why do I still jump out when I use patch

10 hours ago, commanderbunbun said:

Unfortunately it doesn't work :( Various errors about textures missing.

On 11/14/2019 at 10:21 AM, Manul said:

Here is a list of missing textures.

Reveal hidden contents

[ERR 15:13:35.974] Texture 'NMB/Parts/Type20/Launcher' not found!

[ERR 15:13:35.974] Texture 'NMB/Parts/Type20/LauncherE' not found!

[LOG 15:13:35.976] Load(Model): NMB/Parts/Type20/model
[ERR 15:13:35.985] Texture 'NMB/Parts/Type20/_IVA2_Base_Color' not found!

[ERR 15:13:35.986] Texture 'NMB/Parts/Type20/03___Default_Base_Color' not found!

[ERR 15:13:35.986] Texture 'NMB/Parts/Type20/_IVA2_Base_Color 1' not found!

[ERR 15:13:36.140] Texture 'NMB/Props/Handrail/Handrail' not found!

[LOG 15:13:36.142] Load(Model): NMB/Props/Handrail2/model
[ERR 15:13:36.148] Texture 'NMB/Props/Handrail2/Handrail' not found!

[LOG 15:13:36.159] Load(Model): NMB/Props/Handrail3/model
[ERR 15:13:36.160] Texture 'NMB/Props/Handrail3/Handrail' not found!

[LOG 15:13:36.176] Load(Model): NMB/Props/Handrail4/model
[ERR 15:13:36.180] Texture 'NMB/Props/Handrail4/H4' not found!

[LOG 15:13:36.192] Load(Model): NMB/Props/HUD/model
[ERR 15:13:36.219] Texture 'NMB/Props/HUD/HB' not found!

[LOG 15:13:36.223] Load(Model): NMB/Props/HUD/model2
[ERR 15:13:36.237] Texture 'NMB/Props/HUD/HB' not found!

[ERR 15:13:36.333] Texture 'NMB/Props/MFD3/HUD' not found!

[ERR 15:13:36.334] Texture 'NMB/Props/MFD3/HUD-E' not found!

[ERR 15:13:36.334] Texture 'NMB/Props/MFD3/HB' not found!

[ERR 15:13:36.334] Texture 'NMB/Props/MFD3/G' not found!

[ERR 15:13:36.334] Texture 'NMB/Props/MFD3/H1' not found!

[ERR 15:13:36.334] Texture 'NMB/Props/MFD3/H2' not found!

[ERR 15:13:36.434] Texture 'NMB/Props/switch1/unnamed' not found!

[LOG 15:13:36.443] Load(Model): NMB/Props/switch4/model
[ERR 15:13:36.444] Texture 'NMB/Props/switch4/unnamed' not found!

[ERR 15:13:36.517] Texture 'NMB/space/35N' not found!

On 2/18/2020 at 4:31 PM, Commodoregamer118 said:

Well, the fix didnt worked for me, looks like its a problem in the props only, my game crash when loading the prop ´´HUD 4´´

You should post log files for crashes, the thing shown in the loading bar is not always the cause.

After all these posts, and replies that *say exactly* why the mod is crashing in 1.8.1/1.9.0... and yet people STILL are posting that the mod is not working.

THIS MOD NEEDS SOME OF ITS TEXTURES CONVERTED FROM DXT3 FORMAT, TO DXT5 OR .PNG FORMAT. PERIOD!

Expecting it to work before this is done is not going to happen. If people dont know how, to convert them themselves, they'll just have to wait for an update, or someone to supply a community "patch", if the license allows.

Edited by Stone Blue

This is my log of all my mistakes:sealed:

[ERR 12:40:16.143] Texture 'NMB/Parts/Engine/F414/srbsmoke4' not found!

[ERR 12:40:16.267] Texture 'NMB/Parts/Type20/Launcher' not found!

[ERR 12:40:16.267] Texture 'NMB/Parts/Type20/LauncherE' not found!

[LOG 12:40:16.267] Load(Model): NMB/Parts/Type20/model
[ERR 12:40:16.282] Texture 'NMB/Parts/Type20/_IVA2_Base_Color' not found!

[ERR 12:40:16.282] Texture 'NMB/Parts/Type20/03___Default_Base_Color' not found!

[ERR 12:40:16.282] Texture 'NMB/Parts/Type20/_IVA2_Base_Color 1' not found!

8 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Expecting it to work before this is done is not going to happen.

DXT3 textures do not affect anything. Unity just refuses to load them and behaves as if they were missing. It's not a reason of the crash.

On 2/21/2020 at 2:44 AM, Manul said:

DXT3 textures do not affect anything. Unity just refuses to load them and behaves as if they were missing. It's not a reason of the crash.

Maybe not *directly*, but they could possibly, *indirectly*. Especially where IVA props and spaces are concerned.

My point is, I guess, is after soooo many posts of the same issue and log snippets of exactly the same things, with missing textures, I guess people just arent getting, that the mod is BROKEN. And when troubleshooting, I find if you come across *several* issues, you fix and eliminate the simplest, first, to narrow down the variables to get to the heart of the most major issue. I dont understand trying to troubleshoot thru dozens of errs, to find that one specific issue, which *could* actually be caused by a combined problem with *several* issues at once. vOv

Also, if the texture issue *is* completely seperate from the crashing issue... You would *still* have broken/missing textures, and peopple would *still* be repetatively posting and reporting the mod is broken, and it would *still* need an update from the dev, or someone in the community to provide a fix.

And, yes, mebbe I should have investigated moar before only stating that it was a DXT3 issue.

I re-installed the mod, and narrowed down a couple things:

• There are extra, mismatched brackets at the end of several of the prop configs, specifically the HUDs
  • It is most definately something in the /HUD5 folder, EDIT: definately the model itself in /HUD5 that is causing the crash
  • There is a mysteriously named, and seemingly not-used object in the HUD4 model, and I cant get the HUD5 model to even import into Blender. (Also, huge LOL at some of the object names in some of the HUD models... :sticktongue: )
  • EDIT: ROOT CAUSE OF THE CRASHING: seems to be the HUD5 model itself is broken.

There is a text file in that folder, that seems not be named properly. IIRC, the mod dev team (or at least some members, may not be primary English speakers. I'm assuming they are on an other-than-English-language computer OS), and maybe something got messed up in translation? vOv
Removing that .txt file, did not eliminate the crashing.
However, if you eliminate the whole /Props/HUD5 folder, *EDIT: eliminating just the model file (/Props/HUD5/model.mu) the game does NOT crash.
I assume that HUD5 prop is used in the new SuperFlanker IVA (clearly stated as a WIP), that was added in the latest release package, and why the mod is "suddenly" crashing in 1.8.0+, only.

Again, a good start for someone to "fix" the mod, would be to *FIRSTLY*, address any DXT3 and missing texture issues. Then, I would suggest going thru *all* the IVA and prop configs and doing some tab/whitespace/indentation cleanup, and fix any mismatched brackets.
THEN, someone with knowledge of IVAs, props, and RPM should go thru to make sure the *contents* of *all* the configs are correct and setup properly.
And LASTLY, I would address the HUD5 model, itself.

EDIT: OK, as edited above, the HUD5 model seems broken. Removing just that *one* file, keeps the game from crashing with NMB installed. (Of course, that will break/eliminate the new SuperFlanker IVA... :P )

SO, theres the primary issue.

FYI for @Kernowden Kerbin ;)

Edited by Stone Blue

2 hours ago, Send help(to Ryan) said:

you should make the HUD heads up display like the one for the f18 jet fighter.

It's already done

QRorGlr.png

VesselView says that it's F14 but it's F18... it was an accident. I don't know how it happened, I was trying to build Hornet.

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently experiencing an issue with the Type22 cockpit, where the color palette is set to black by default and it is unable to switch to white. Also, is there a github link for this mod? It would make it easier to submit issues and keep track of new releases.

On 2/18/2020 at 2:55 PM, Manul said:

This is not a reason why the game crashes during loading, mine doesn't.

Ey9DGiw.png

How were you able to make NMS work?

I have a constant issue of the mod crashing my game when it loads, and I have installed the latest versions of JSI and ASET for 1.8.X and still have this trouble.

Are you running a previous version of the game like 1.7.3?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.