[1.7] CommNet Visualisation v1.0.4 [17 April 2019]

TaxiService

I know that there is no reason to put RemoteTech with CommNetVisualisation but when you have many mods installed you forget them. I am 99% confident that there is a conflict with those two. I have no issues when using only one of the two. Installing both and the problems appear.

12 hours ago, Nik kal said:

I know that there is no reason to put RemoteTech with CommNetVisualisation but when you have many mods installed you forget them. I am 99% confident that there is a conflict with those two. I have no issues when using only one of the two. Installing both and the problems appear.

Yah, it will cause problems because RT turns off stock CommNet and CommNetVisualisation runs on stock CommNet. If you want stock CommNet, remove RT. If you enjoy RT, remove CommNetVisualisation.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Im not sure if this has already been reported, but I am fairly confident that it is CommNet Visualization causing some issues with the VAB/SpaceCenter. I can go into the VAB fine at first, but once I launch a mission and return to the space center, I cannot enter any buildings except the Launchpad. (I merely tested if clicking it did anything, not if I could enter the flight scene, and I will follow this up with more thorough testing soon, as well as an install with just this.) It also occurs if I remain in the VAB too long. (I get stuck in the VAB and the Launch and Exit buttons do nothing.) Here is what the console spit put when I tried to launch a vessel withe the second variant affecting me.

[ERR 18:37:55.601] Input is null for field 'name' in config node 'SCENARIO'
   at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
   at ConfigNode.AddValue(System.String name, System.String value)
   at ScenarioModule.Save(.ConfigNode node)
   at ProtoScenarioModule..ctor(.ScenarioModule module)
   at ScenarioRunner.UpdateModules()
   at ScenarioRunner.GetUpdatedProtoModules()
   at Game.Updated(GameScenes startSceneOverride)
   at GamePersistence.SaveGame(System.String saveFileName, System.String saveFolder, SaveMode saveMode, GameScenes startScene)
   at FlightDriver.StartWithNewLaunch(System.String fullFilePath, System.String missionFlagURL, System.String launchSiteName, .VesselCrewManifest manifest)
   at EditorLogic.<goForLaunch>m__44()
   at CallbackUtil+<DelayedCallback>c__Iterator1.MoveNext()
   at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)

[EXC 18:37:55.601] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ScenarioModule.Save (.ConfigNode node)
    ProtoScenarioModule..ctor (.ScenarioModule module)
    ScenarioRunner.UpdateModules ()
    ScenarioRunner.GetUpdatedProtoModules ()
    Game.Updated (GameScenes startSceneOverride)
    GamePersistence.SaveGame (System.String saveFileName, System.String saveFolder, SaveMode saveMode, GameScenes startScene)
    FlightDriver.StartWithNewLaunch (System.String fullFilePath, System.String missionFlagURL, System.String launchSiteName, .VesselCrewManifest manifest)
    EditorLogic.<goForLaunch>m__44 ()
    CallbackUtil+<DelayedCallback>c__Iterator1.MoveNext ()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)

By removing CommNet Visualization the bug was instantly fixed, but as I said earlier I will do much more through testing and issue isolation tomorrow and/or the next day or two.

On 3/5/2019 at 10:52 PM, DeltaDizzy said:

Im not sure if this has already been reported, but I am fairly confident that it is CommNet Visualization causing some issues with the VAB/SpaceCenter. I can go into the VAB fine at first, but once I launch a mission and return to the space center, I cannot enter any buildings except the Launchpad. (I merely tested if clicking it did anything, not if I could enter the flight scene, and I will follow this up with more thorough testing soon, as well as an install with just this.) It also occurs if I remain in the VAB too long. (I get stuck in the VAB and the Launch and Exit buttons do nothing.) Here is what the console spit put when I tried to launch a vessel withe the second variant affecting me.

at GamePersistence.SaveGame(System.String saveFileName, System.String saveFolder, SaveMode saveMode, GameScenes startScene)
   at FlightDriver.StartWithNewLaunch(System.String fullFilePath, System.String missionFlagURL, System.String launchSiteName, .VesselCrewManifest manifest)
   at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)

[EXC 18:37:55.601] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    GamePersistence.SaveGame (System.String saveFileName, System.String saveFolder, SaveMode saveMode, GameScenes startScene)
    FlightDriver.StartWithNewLaunch (System.String fullFilePath, System.String missionFlagURL, System.String launchSiteName, .VesselCrewManifest manifest)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)

By removing CommNet Visualization the bug was instantly fixed, but as I said earlier I will do much more through testing and issue isolation tomorrow and/or the next day or two.

I was having the exact same problem, with the same " Input is null for field 'name' in config node 'SCENARIO' " in the logs.

How did you suspected of this mod? I struggled with it for a long time, tested a lot of mods, without any luck. I would never suspect of this one!

Curiously, it did not occurred with only one save, which I think I created using the "CommNet Constellation", that I uninstalled afterwards. I think this mod is derived of that one, or something like that.

I did a decent amount of testing, and as soon I removed this mod the problem disappeared! Will need to play some more time to be 100% sure, but, so far, so good.

Thank you!!

@DeltaDizzy

Edited by MaximumThrust

• 1 month later...

@DeltaDizzy @MaximumThrust

My apologies for this prolonged response.

I am unable to replicate this scenario error on my side.

Nevertheless, I suspect the mod scenario data is botched during saving/loading, and add preventive measure against null-scenario error to this mod. 

This measure will be included into my other mod, CommNet Constellation to be safe.

P.S. New version 1.0.4 is released for KSP 1.7.

Edited by TaxiService

On 3/7/2019 at 5:05 AM, MaximumThrust said:

I was having the exact same problem, with the same " Input is null for field 'name' in config node 'SCENARIO' " in the logs.

How did you suspected of this mod? I struggled with it for a long time, tested a lot of mods, without any luck. I would never suspect of this one!

Curiously, it did not occurred with only one save, which I think I created using the "CommNet Constellation", that I uninstalled afterwards. I think this mod is derived of that one, or something like that.

I did a decent amount of testing, and as soon I removed this mod the problem disappeared! Will need to play some more time to be 100% sure, but, so far, so good.

Thank you!!

@DeltaDizzy

Well I had tried editing the commnet scenario in the persistence.sfs file, so commnet was in my head. I then started randomly removing commnet mods I had installed (this and constellation i think). As soon as I removed this it fixed itself.

17 hours ago, IMLL1 said:

How does this differ from just having stock KSP show the comm network that you have? Stock KSP shows every connection between every vessel (that are in range from each other).

Only 1 difference is display of all active connections of all vessels. This mod is more like a code resource for modders interested in enhancing CommNet.

Hence, I didn't pay much attention to this mod for long time.

4 hours ago, TaxiService said:

Only 1 difference is display of all active connections of all vessels. This mod is more like a code resource for modders interested in enhancing CommNet.

Hence, I didn't pay much attention to this mod for long time.

Ah ok. Thanks.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/5/2019 at 8:52 PM, DeltaDizzy said:

I have been having this exact same issue.I came to suspect this mod simply because it was the last one I installed. Removal cleared the issue. and for me, it is doing it in both 1.8.1 and 1.9.1.

Shame. I like the active connection feature. Does your mod CommNet Constellation also offer this?

2 hours ago, Tsani said:

I have been having this exact same issue.I came to suspect this mod simply because it was the last one I installed. Removal cleared the issue. and for me, it is doing it in both 1.8.1 and 1.9.1.

Shame. I like the active connection feature. Does your mod CommNet Constellation also offer this?

The OP says CNC offers this as well.

• 9 months later...

@TaxiService, are you still maintaining this as a stand-alone from CNC, or is there an option in CNC to just do the active connections, without altering gameplay?  Apparently this hasn't been touched in so long, it's triggering my AV software as "not frequently used".

Edited by KSPrynk

11 hours ago, KSPrynk said:

@TaxiService, are you still maintaining this as a stand-alone from CNC, or is there an option in CNC to just do the active connections, without altering gameplay?  Apparently this hasn't been touched in so long, it's triggering my AV software as "not frequently used".

Hi, I don't really maintain this anymore as it is a simple framework for other modders to look into some CommNet internals and CNC has the same visual option now.

You can move it from your installation now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.