screenshot5.png?width=551&height=310

screenshot6.png?width=551&height=310

screenshot7.png?width=551&height=310

screenshot8.png?width=551&height=310

landing burn started...

screenshot9.png?width=551&height=310

screenshot10.png?width=551&height=310

report: failure due to gudiance system

the result was to have a few tests of the systems to see what the problem was. The first test was conducted and went to a height of 10km this can also help us with our plans of an RTLS landing which is where the ship returns to launch site and LANDS!

Edited by kerbinorbiter

The status of the first orbital mission is postponed for now as we are working on a highly acurate guidance system. In kOS *wonders if @Pand5461 could create a sea landing script* the first attempted recovery will be sometime before the end of this month as we want a reliable Launcher for the program also construction began on a new space compex for our next rocket the Falkerb 2 to create a more reusable rocket worth for a cost of 30,000 funds when fully reusable which will take place in the first week of February in the meanwhile we will coduct tests of our rocket with 14km/s of deltaV

UPDATE:

Falkerb 2 launch posponed due to issues in the payload the kergon crew capsule

Launch to be No Earlier Than Feburary 16th however there is good news, we have decided to not recover the 1st stage until the 3rd flight before August, we have also decided to create a test vehicle

• 2 weeks later...

CHAPTER 5 -

today kerbX annonced that there is a new vehcile on the way to add to the Falkerb 7 series it has been said that it will have

4700 kN of thrust

1189 m/s of deltaV

a weight of 250 tonnes

12 first stage engine nozzles

an updated guidance system

but most important of all MOAR BOOSTERS!

Falkerb 7 launch within the next couple of days as we have made signifagant progress!

Nice project, you're not doing this modless right?

With mechjeb, you can install a custom window, that countsdown the suicide burn, lenght, time to impact. So you can tweak your burn to the maximum.
So no cheating with auto-land, just some info you probably need for a smooth landing. :) 

Edited by DrLicor

10 hours ago, DrLicor said:

Nice project, you're not doing this modless right?

With mechjeb, you can install a custom window, that countsdown the suicide burn, lenght, time to impact. So you can tweak your burn to the maximum.
So no cheating with auto-land, just some info you probably need for a smooth landing. :) 

i use MJ, but not for that i use kOS for guidance, im buisy moving the instal to 6.4k scale as stock doesnt really challenge me, i use MJ for ascent timings ect ect also moving over to KK launchers

Also I plan to do some things in video format like landings and static fires maybe launches i dont know

also i may use Gravity turn with the switch to 6.4k as this is more about landing and getting to Duna,  yet the problem with that is i have to press launch yet with MJ i dont i will try adding a dummy stage so it wont launch but i dont know weather it will work

EDIT: ive came up with a story, so all launches are not going to happen until that is online, all comments from here are on the next segment, History and formation of what has been called KerbX feel free to ask any questions while i create a users guide for all our rockets!

Edited by kerbinorbiter

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.