[1.4.1] KA-330 Inflatable Space Hotel

bcink

zAbj1y7.png

This thread has moved! KA-330 has merged with KEAM to become "Kerbalow Aerospace."

Please visit the new thread:

Welcome to the release thread for Kerbalow Aerospace's KA-330 inflatable space hotel!

This is a re-creation of Bigelow Aerospace's model BA-330 inflatable "space hotel."

It will fit nicely into any 3.75m expanded fairing.

imInFN1.png

Features:

Inflatable / Expandable module
Sun-tracking solar panels
Functioning expanding radiators
Functioning lights
IVA interior cut-out view
Fully furnished interior when using Near-Future Prop
Flat ends for attaching any 1.25 meter docking ports

Compatibility patches:

Tweakscale

Connected Living Space

Kerbal Inventory / Attachment System

PBR texture (reflections) patch - This is a test / demonstration / incomplete

Life support compatibility:

With USI Life Support: Acts as a functioning habitat
With Snacks: Stores snacks / soil
With Keep-Fit: Is a "COMFY" room
With TACLS: Contains standard life support resources

KA-330 is 100% dependent upon Textures Unlimited by @Shadowmage - Please download and install before attempting to load.

For a fully furnished interior, please install @Nertea's Near Future IVA Props pack

Installation:

Extract the contents of the GameData folder to your GameData folder. Structure should then read GameData\Kerbalow

Optional compatibility patches:

Extract the desired patch from the "Optional Patches" folder and place inside GameData\Kerbalow directory.

Note: when using the reflective patches, be sure to include the Reflections-Enabler.cfg or the reflections will not be enabled.

Download      lya77iI.png

A VERY SPECIAL THANK YOU TO:
@CobaltWolf, @Shadowmage, @Beale, @steedcrugeon, @Nertea, @Pakand all of the other awesome mod devs!!!

Kerbalow Aerospace KA-330 is License CC-BY-4.0
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/

Edited by bcink
KA-330/KEAM Merge to Kerbalow Aerospace

YUS!

"This will make a fine addition to my Collection"
                                                                              -General Grievous

Jokes aside, this is some real awesome texturing and modeling.
Definitely gonna install this into my main Install.

18 hours ago, drtedastro said:

Looks great.

Thanks.

Thank you!!

4 hours ago, GrandProtectorDark said:

YUS!

"This will make a fine addition to my Collection"
                                                                              -General Grievous

Jokes aside, this is some real awesome texturing and modeling.
Definitely gonna install this into my main Install.

Thanks a lot!!!

42 minutes ago, Tyko said:

Really cool! Are the radiators and solar panels all part of the KA-330 part or are they additional parts you're providing that users can slap on if they want to?

Thank you!! They are included, separate parts you may attach to anything! :D

Btw, Bcink.
If it isn't asked to much, then I would like to suggest different interior usage versions.
I've taken a look at the real world concept which you took inspiration from, and some of them had interior concepts with hydroponics or laboratory specilisation.

In other news, Kottaboes made a review about this mod.

9 hours ago, GrandProtectorDark said:

Btw, Bcink.
If it isn't asked to much, then I would like to suggest different interior usage versions.
I've taken a look at the real world concept which you took inspiration from, and some of them had interior concepts with hydroponics or laboratory specilisation.

In other news, Kottaboes made a review about this mod.

Thank you for the heads up on the review!!

I like the idea of different interiors but I'm not sure if there would be any easy way to implement that other than to have 3 different parts in the game / menu?

Shortage of quite a large variety of props might be another issue - I used something around 200 inside this one.

Edited by bcink

I guess the shortage of fitting props do would make this quite time consuming, If you were to try to make them yourself.

And oh my, 200 props. That sounds like an impressive amount of attention for details. And yea, I guess it wouldn't work other than having it as 3 separate modules.

Still some really good work and I hope to see more stuff with awesome animations coming from your side .

47 minutes ago, GrandProtectorDark said:

I guess the shortage of fitting props do would make this quite time consuming, If you were to try to make them yourself.

And oh my, 200 props. That sounds like an impressive amount of attention for details. And yea, I guess it wouldn't work other than having it as 3 separate modules.

Still some really good work and I hope to see more stuff with awesome animations coming from your side .

A bunch of folks are working on making more props currently so there is always down the road 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, @bcink! That's a great mod of yours! But I have a bug report for you. :)

I'm using Science - Full Reward! mod https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/113323-131-science-full-reward/ and when I installed KA-330 it started throwing 5 errors

Spoiler

[LOG 12:31:51.425] [ModuleManager] Applying update Science-Full-reward/Science-Full-reward/@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION to Kerbalow/KA330/ka330-experiments/EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
[WRN 12:31:51.426] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key scienceCap in EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
[ERR 12:31:51.426] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key baseValue = #$scienceCap$

[LOG 12:31:51.427] [ModuleManager] Applying update Science-Full-reward/Science-Full-reward/@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION to Kerbalow/KA330/ka330-experiments/EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
[WRN 12:31:51.427] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key scienceCap in EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
[ERR 12:31:51.428] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key baseValue = #$scienceCap$

[LOG 12:31:51.428] [ModuleManager] Applying update Science-Full-reward/Science-Full-reward/@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION to Kerbalow/KA330/ka330-experiments/EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
[WRN 12:31:51.429] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key scienceCap in EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
[ERR 12:31:51.429] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key baseValue = #$scienceCap$

[LOG 12:31:51.430] [ModuleManager] Applying update Science-Full-reward/Science-Full-reward/@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION to Kerbalow/KA330/ka330-experiments/EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
[WRN 12:31:51.430] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key scienceCap in EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
[ERR 12:31:51.431] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key baseValue = #$scienceCap$

[LOG 12:31:51.431] [ModuleManager] Applying update Science-Full-reward/Science-Full-reward/@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION to Kerbalow/KA330/ka330-science/EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
[WRN 12:31:51.432] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key scienceCap in EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
[ERR 12:31:51.432] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key baseValue = #$scienceCap$

during loading of the game.

It turns out, that you have typos (I think) in ka330-experiments.cfg and ka330-science.cfg. You have scienceVap instead of scienceCap in them. I changed scienceVap to scienceCap and KSP loaded without errors.

Hope you have understood what I wrote here, because I'm not a native speaker, and I'll be glad if I helped you to make this awesome mod a little bit better. :D

Cheers!

35 minutes ago, AlexSheFF said:

Hello, @bcink! That's a great mod of yours! But I have a bug report for you. :)

I'm using Science - Full Reward! mod https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/113323-131-science-full-reward/ and when I installed KA-330 it started throwing 5 errors

Hide contents

[LOG 12:31:51.425] [ModuleManager] Applying update Science-Full-reward/Science-Full-reward/@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION to Kerbalow/KA330/ka330-experiments/EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
[WRN 12:31:51.426] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key scienceCap in EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
[ERR 12:31:51.426] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key baseValue = #$scienceCap$

[LOG 12:31:51.427] [ModuleManager] Applying update Science-Full-reward/Science-Full-reward/@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION to Kerbalow/KA330/ka330-experiments/EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
[WRN 12:31:51.427] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key scienceCap in EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
[ERR 12:31:51.428] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key baseValue = #$scienceCap$

[LOG 12:31:51.428] [ModuleManager] Applying update Science-Full-reward/Science-Full-reward/@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION to Kerbalow/KA330/ka330-experiments/EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
[WRN 12:31:51.429] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key scienceCap in EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
[ERR 12:31:51.429] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key baseValue = #$scienceCap$

[LOG 12:31:51.430] [ModuleManager] Applying update Science-Full-reward/Science-Full-reward/@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION to Kerbalow/KA330/ka330-experiments/EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
[WRN 12:31:51.430] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key scienceCap in EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
[ERR 12:31:51.431] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key baseValue = #$scienceCap$

[LOG 12:31:51.431] [ModuleManager] Applying update Science-Full-reward/Science-Full-reward/@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION to Kerbalow/KA330/ka330-science/EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
[WRN 12:31:51.432] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key scienceCap in EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
[ERR 12:31:51.432] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key baseValue = #$scienceCap$

during loading of the game.

It turns out, that you have typos (I think) in ka330-experiments.cfg and ka330-science.cfg. You have scienceVap instead of scienceCap in them. I changed scienceVap to scienceCap and KSP loaded without errors.

Hope you have understood what I wrote here, because I'm not a native speaker, and I'll be glad if I helped you to make this awesome mod a little bit better. :D

Cheers!

Oh, wow - thank you very much! This problem also exists on the KEAM. Appreciate the report. I may have never found that out! Fixes to be present on next update! 

• 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.