The good Lifters to launch!

nuno.seletti

Hello everyone! I'm Nuno Seletti and I am new in this forum!

I use KSP for many years. Now with this new version I want to present to you the result of some hours of experimentations and work to built a very efficient and powerful lifter to launch any size of playload in medium Kerbin orbit or more further than the Mun: I present to you the OLS! (Orbital Launch System) made by myself (NASA flag company)

A perfect regular lifter that can carry as I said before any playload (in size not on every type like a space shuttle) on medium or more high orbit, with a big torque and fuel reserve, so you cannot be out of fuel :)

Album KSP lifter OLS will appear when post is submitted

OLS specification:

• Hight: 32 meters without coiffe (that protect the playload)
  • Diameter: 9.3 meters 
  • Weight: 337.100 Tons

Bye everyone! What do you thinks about it? I may post a link to download it if you you want it to fly!

Regard

Nuno

Small suggestion:

Turn that sucker 90 degrees.  I think you'll find you'll have smoother, safer launches if the boosters are on the North and South sides of the center.  Better eastward pitching, and you don't need to worry about the bottom one being able to clear the rocket when it's ejected.

On 12/01/2018 at 10:11 PM, Geonovast said:

Small suggestion:

Turn that sucker 90 degrees.  I think you'll find you'll have smoother, safer launches if the boosters are on the North and South sides of the center.  Better eastward pitching, and you don't need to worry about the bottom one being able to clear the rocket when it's ejected.

Okay I see what you mean, it will be better to be in orbit! thanks for the info :D  i will be modif it

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone! I'm back with an other new lifter more heavyset than the first! I present to you the OLS II ER ! (ER, for extended range) He is composed with the same first stage engine and external twin engines, the difference appear son the second stage, with moire larger fuel tanks and more powerful engine, and finally a more big fairing. 

You can send a crew to the Mun, launch big payload to LEO or more higher orbit around Kerbin, or send probes.

Down here are the technical characterisitic: wheight, longer, larger, diameter... (sorry for the Cyrillic alphabet )

Z8joP.png

y1Rav.png

Ym12Z.png

Tell me if you want to know more about my lifters and tel me if you like them! Hope you will built it and use for your space conquest! :D 

See you later for the third lifter of the OLS family: the OLS HEAVY!

Bye!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 15/03/2018 at 9:44 PM, surge said:

I would like to know what the maximum payload capacity is. Have you tried launching dummy loads until it fails?

Hello! Yeah, I have try to launch some different playload this morning. The OLS II ER rocket can launch 70 tons of playload in lower kerbin orbit (LKO) no, more... With 90tons for exemple, the rocket cannot made an orbit, but with 70 we are at the limit.

To launch 70t you must change the size of the fairing in the top of the lifter of course. You can launch, crew vehicles, probes, rovers, fuel, etc...

All the best, 

Nuno Seletti

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! I'm back with my lifters to finally present to you: the OLS Heavy ! The most heaviest and advanced lifter that I have made. Powered by fours boosters (each is composed with four solid rocket boosters) [16 solid boosters] and the same efficient main liquid fuel engine than the OLS II ER on what we have added 6 little engines next to the main engine to increase thrust.The difference appear on the second stage, smaller than the main stage (the heaviest thrust launch the rocket at an higher altitude so she don't need a lot of fuel to finish the orbit) with a single engine. 

You can launch a payload of a maximum weight of 90 tons (20 more than the OLS II ER) in lower orbit (LKO): this is the limit. More your payload is light, more your orbit can be higher and you can send payload more further.

As the other rocket you can launch spaceship, rovers, fuel station, space station modules, probes, etc...

ZvNon.png

JkLEO.png

Below are the specifications of the rocket:

ypXaQ.png

Main Stage and Solid Boosters:

R23eA.png

Hope you will love it :D 

Nuno Seletti