No RCS sound

1 hour ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

I thought RCS didn't have a sound in stock?

You sure you weren't using a mod for that?

It's stock since 1.2 :wink:

4 hours ago, Milesy said:

After upgrading to 1.3.1 I don't have any RCS sounds anymore. I've checked the sound settings and they're just on the defaults.  Any ideas what's wrong?

Nothing has changed,try to turn volume up,or give us more information.

15 hours ago, sebi.zzr said:

Nothing has changed,try to turn volume up,or give us more information.

Messing with volume controls made no difference.  So far I've tried to use the rcs sounds mod as a workaround and I've taken out my soundcard and used the onboard m/b sound instead, neither worked.  As switching the sound hardware over didn't fix it, it'll not be a sound card/driver issue.  It seems to be only me with this problem so I just hope it's a glitchy update and a complete reinstall will fix it.  Unfortunately I lost my working copied version of ksp when my hard drive failed a few weeks ago.  Also there's no sound with the kerbal jetpacks either, is there supposed to be? I've forgotten if there was or not.

Problem Solved.

I did a complete reinstall of ksp from steam (choosing v1.2.2 this time). STILL no rcs sounds.   Suddenly remembered that I used to use a shortcut to KSP_x64 to force it to 64bit mode.  This solved the problem.  I'm totally confused at why this isn't a common issue but if anyone else experiences it try manually launching in 64bit mode.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.