[0.17] RedStar co-op Airplane parts v0.4.1

vvaris

Hey nice work! vtol plane? :D

ps. it's (spoiler=spoiler title) Text or picture here (/spoiler) just change "(" and ")" to "[" and "]".

Edited by vvaris

Not sure if this has been suggested before, but from what I've seen in videos, the ejection seat likes to tumble a lot when ejecting.

I can this going wrong for people, where the seat tumbles right back into the craft.

Maybe it's a possibility to add an ASAS module to the seat? So that the seat goes straight out, and has no chance to create spectacular mishaps.

Edited by Melfice

Not sure if this has been suggested before, but from what I've seen in videos, the ejection seat likes to tumble a lot when ejecting.

I can this going wrong for people, where the seat tumbles right back into the craft.

Maybe it's a possibility to add an ASAS module to the seat? So that the seat goes straight out, and has no chance to create spectacular mishaps.

ASAS module would be nice but you would have to turn it on manually before ejecting. Also you would need to add an extra part to the seat, making it more complicated to construct. I could add "rotation damping" to the seat but that would interfere with flight characteristics of the entire craft.

The best option in my opinion would be to balance the seat by combining the two miniboosters to 1 part and then adjust the thrustCenter and thrustVector values in config file. I get there eventually, but its low priority at the moment since the seat appears to be working and there is changes around the corner for the seat (the tedious proces of staring at kerbal models in the game and replicating them vertex by vertex and then attaching it to the seat).

Now that you're still working on the landing gear, could you add a double wheeled gear as well please?

The plan at the moment is to have light, medium and heavy landing gears combinations. Each combination has front and back landing gears. The heavy version has at least two wheels. :)

That is really G R E A T news!!!

By the way, in the movie i saw the plane being driven from the SPH to the runway. It looked like the front landing gear was steering. Is steering implemented or was there some trickery involved in the movie? (If it really IS stearable then that would be an immense achievement!)

That is really G R E A T news!!!

By the way, in the movie i saw the plane being driven from the SPH to the runway. It looked like the front landing gear was steering. Is steering implemented or was there some trickery involved in the movie? (If it really IS stearable then that would be an immense achievement!)

Gojira is indeed correct! It's using Tosh's cart plugin. And as far as i understand we can now use the rudder controls to steering also! There are also two options now for heavy landing gear, the standard one and more heavier motorised one. Sadly you still cannot start from the door of SPH, I taxied there before started recording.. :)

Forgot to mention.. It's not just steering, its suspension also!

Edited by vvaris

Is it possible, using Tosh's cart plugin, to make the gear retract, or no?

Yes it is. I'm still unsure if the hatch for the gear can be animated, going to investigate it today.

Retractable, pneumatic, actively steering in different sizes. You must be .... SANTA !!! Thank you SANTA !!

Don't thank me, thank TOSH! He has made this possible, I just slap models in place and write few lines to .cfg :D

Your (extremely cool) ejection seat has been put to test. Results :

Can do 0-0 ejection.

Can do ground dive ejection.

Can do supersonic ejection.

Can eject while stalling

Can eject while landing.

Can eject... well, at any time ! Awesome seat thanks mate !

As for the kerbal model on the seat, is there an onEVA() thing out there ? If so, you could show the model at onFlightStart, and hide it at onEva.

Your (extremely cool) ejection seat has been put to test. Results :

Can do 0-0 ejection.

Can do ground dive ejection.

Can do supersonic ejection.

Can eject while stalling

Can eject while landing.

Can eject... well, at any time ! Awesome seat thanks mate !

As for the kerbal model on the seat, is there an onEVA() thing out there ? If so, you could show the model at onFlightStart, and hide it at onEva.

Thanks! Good you like it. Not sure about the seat, I'm just modeller/animator so finding out stuff like that is bit difficult for me.. :)

Testing the EES (easy editable skins), these two different skins are result of just slapping a colour + tileable camo pattern and for the other slapping two colours and drawing a staight line. Now it doesn't give you too much control but you can change colours of you favourite plane. Only grief is that the texture has to be converted using part tools at the moment. EES will be available in the next update.

EDIT: little bigger picture https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2988574/skins.png

Cool but *I* like dubstep :P

I saw new parts! and i like the coloring , please add entirely grey as an option! Also, I like dubstep, but I can't stand Skrillex, I don't won't to hear some kid scream, I want to hear the Music. Lots of Custom Dubstep does this and its not official at all and it sounds great.

Also I'd be a great deal happy if you want to my thread and shared your thoughts, I'm working on adding more planes, but the thread is being buried. :(

Also, I'll gladly be a tester, as I can use the new parts to make my planes! I'm trying to make an A-10, but the closer I get to the design the worse it is! The plane explodes all the time and the Pilot NEVER survives unless I eject less than 5 seconds in. I can send the .Craft if you want to see what I mean, I've tried EVERY way of flying the bastard.

Edited by Dilin

For having a Kerbal on the seat, it's easy, just check if there's a Kerbal in the seat in the Update() function of a part module, if not hide the Kerbal part of the model.

I honestly never did anything like that but it should be easy:sticktongue:

Someone knows a model with a hatch and at least another mesh I could use to test? Then I'd try it.

For having a Kerbal on the seat, it's easy, just check if there's a Kerbal in the seat in the Update() function of a part module, if not hide the Kerbal part of the model.

I honestly never did anything like that but it should be easy:sticktongue:

Someone knows a model with a hatch and at least another mesh I could use to test? Then I'd try it.

Is there dokumentation somewhere about those? I can update the seat, I would need to model kerbal first, or maybe just add a cube as a place holder if you wan't to try it:P

Gears of vvaris alpha v0.1 released. Custom landing gears with suspension and steering! Requires/Made possible: Tosh cart plugin. Gears of vvaris Video added.

Edited by vvaris