Ground Attack Aircraft/SAM Trials

4 minutes ago, AlexClark said:

Yes.

In that case, I'd like to contribute Paladin. It is one of the oldest military vehicles I have made, dating all the way back to Generation One, when my planes had the turn radius of small planets. (Current craft are Gen3). It's armed with an Oerlikon, but requires a fuel cell. (Just slap one on and activate upon launch. The thing literally has tons of fuel in it).

https://kerbalx.com/Earthlinger/Paladin

4 minutes ago, AlexClark said:

Also, would anyone be interested in a badge for this? One for aircraft, one for ground. I have a couple designs if we have any takers.

A badge would be cool, yes :D

Edited by Earthlinger

Hi,

I've got some AA tanks for you to lend-lease. Please return them in good order after you're done.

7zTGp1x.png

KLwvifP.png

mOLwmex.jpg

xR7XmwX.png

I'll need to patch them up before I can upload them, they're not used in a while, but they should be ideal for this; I've designed them with a similar challenge in mind.

In action shots:

F3fyHDi.jpg

YLjX13o.jpg

4 minutes ago, Adelaar said:

Hi,

I've got some AA tanks for you to lend-lease. Please return them in good order after you're done.

7zTGp1x.png

KLwvifP.png

mOLwmex.jpg

xR7XmwX.png

I'll need to patch them up before I can upload them, they're not used in a while, but they should be ideal for this; I've designed them with a similar challenge in mind.

In action shots:

F3fyHDi.jpg

YLjX13o.jpg

The A-29 has some real competition now. Thanks

16 minutes ago, Adelaar said:

I'd also like to enter for the Aircraft part of the competition. I have a ground attack aircraft that hasn't really been tested in that way and I'd like to try it out.

g5a1LJm.jpg

I'll bump my A-15 from the list to make room for you this round.

Also, pick one of you AA platforms and I'll add it to the list there as well.

Edited by AlexClark

9 hours ago, Joseph Kerman said:

Well, your triple-A vehicle was good... but not good enough. See, by dumb luck, my A-26 Intruder finished off 2 of them alone in a 1v3.

https://imgur.com/a/q1FiL

Did you make sure to Spacebar and throttle up the MUVAs in your test? I tried on my end,  Intruder's bombs and missiles were not able to hit moving MUVAs.

YzVbdGQ.jpg

@AlexClark Also an update which fixed how the previous version gets spawned sideways in the Vessel Mover menu, added some ammo as well.

https://kerbalx.com/goduranus/Goalkeeper-MUVA

Edited by goduranus

16 minutes ago, Joseph Kerman said:

Ydiid u mention me?

I swapped Goal Keeper with Oerlikon and had a few amazing test rounds against the intruder, so I got excited and made a post, but turned out Goalkeeper is still better. 

Also, did you run your Intruder tests with my MUVAs on evasive maneuvers? In my tests of 3 Goalkeeper MUVA vs 3 Intruders, the Intruders were not able to hit the moving MUVAs with missiles or bombs.

17 minutes ago, goduranus said:

I swapped Goal Keeper with Oerlikon and had a few amazing test rounds against the intruder, so I got excited and made a post, but turned out Goalkeeper is still better. 

Also, did you run your Intruder tests with my MUVAs on evasive maneuvers? In my tests of 3 Goalkeeper MUVA vs 3 Intruders, the Intruders were not able to hit the moving MUVAs with missiles or bombs.

I almost don't test moving land vehicles, since I didn't really know if they could actually move and not confuse that with flying.

8 minutes ago, goduranus said:

Does AI actually fire rockets? it never did for me, so maybe swap those for bombs.

It fire the Hydra turrets, but not the other ones, I don't think.

4 hours ago, Thor Wotansen said:

Do you guys really think it will work good? :blush:

No. Not enough missiles :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.