Dragon Analog

DocBones

Just something I needed:)

A drogon V2 analog. Enjoy. 

Requires Firespitter.

https://imgur.com/a/Gaj49

Added some stuff, spacedock seems to having issues at the moment so I'll upload there later on-

Added 3.75 m parts
Added attach node to inner part  of the trunk
trunk also hollow now

Seems I managed to get it up on spacedock. Download there.

Edited by DocBones

Beautiful work.  I also like that you have used the same RPM IVA as the MK1-2 command pod. 

I discovered a bug.  it looks like the outer skin is 90-degrees off of the IVA. so that when the three windows are facing the ground when in orbit, the NavBall is showing a 90-degree bank. 

NMF6DC8.jpg

kzmvLBI.jpg

Also, could you put a connection point at the inside-top of the boot?  Then we could fill it with all sorts of stuff like experiments and snacks?

Thanks for creating this little fella.  He'll be very useful.

1 minute ago, DocBones said:

I'm not quite sure what you mean. The picture you submitted is rather small.

Vd6D7Ie.jpg

that happens with every parts only on the launch phase.... it keeps only the pod and the trunk on the stage list

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Doc.

I'm really glad to see the "daddy-sized" Dragon CMD.  They are really nicely done. 

There are a couple of issues that I wanted to bring to your attention.

Both CMDs have the same IVA -outer skin offset problem (see my January 12 post).  It looks like the the IVA is correct.  I believe that the three windows and hatch of the Dragon V2 are at the astronauts feet.  When the CMD is created in the VAB the three windows and hatch are facing west.  When the CMD is moved out to the launchpad, the crew and IVA face north as they should---the VAB is visible out the port side window.  The outer skin however, is 90-degrees off---the three windows and hatch also face east when they should be facing north.

The baby Dragon's trunk seems to not be working quite right.  I can place an item into the trunk attaching it to the top connector, but as soon as I do, the item becomes part of the trunk.  Clicking on the item also activates the trunk.  So once something is packed into the trunk it can no longer be accessed. The daddy CMD trunk works as it should.   Stuff can be put in and taken out.

Thanks for creating these Doc.  I love them  

Edited by thomash

8 hours ago, thomash said:

Hey Doc.

I'm really glad to see the "daddy-sized" Dragon CMD.  They are really nicely done. 

There are a couple of issues that I wanted to bring to your attention.

Both CMDs have the same IVA -outer skin offset problem (see my January 12 post).  It looks like the the IVA is correct.  I believe that the three windows and hatch of the Dragon V2 are at the astronauts feet.  When the CMD is created in the VAB the three windows and hatch are facing west.  When the CMD is moved out to the launchpad, the crew and IVA face north as they should---the VAB is visible out the port side window.  The outer skin however, is 90-degrees off---the three windows and hatch also face east when they should be facing north.

The baby Dragon's trunk seems to not be working quite right.  I can place an item into the trunk attaching it to the top connector, but as soon as I do, the item becomes part of the trunk.  Clicking on the item also activates the trunk.  So once something is packed into the trunk it can no longer be accessed. The daddy CMD trunk works as it should.   Stuff can be put in and taken out.

Thanks for creating these Doc.  I love them  

Hi Thomash,

Thanks for the kind words and the heads up. I fixed the collider on the 2.5m trunk, it should work now. As for the IVA, i need to turn the model which will implicate redoing the colliders and thrust and RCS transforms. I will get on that as soon as I have time, until then, I beg your patience.

I added an MCT in the öatest update it is not textured yet and still requires some work. Give it a test.

Regards,

Doc

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.