Any modders need any modelling done?

Tokamak

26 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Looks great, but the flat back is a thing.  Do you think you can make it curved?  The back that is, the front is fine, I assume you will be changing some of the colors?

Can do. I wasn't sure how large you were thinking of it being, and the very small parts tend to have flat backs. I should ask what size I should aim for.

As for the colours: yeah, I'm just showing it with a matcap material now. I'll colour/texture once the model itself is done.

Edited by Tokamak

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Oh, so, regarding size, let's say that on a 1.25m tank/engine, it should be about 1/2 meter in each direction (avg).  Once you have it for one size, I'll just make configs for the larger engines.  

Sketchfab

Something like this?

I'll deal with texturing tomorrow. Is there a style/theme I should stick to? I don't see any other Engine Igniter parts to match to.

Yes, looks great.

I assume you just buried the base in the tank? That would make it simpler, I think, similar to the way the extendable ladders get mounted.

I don't have any special texturing in mind, stockalike would be fine, i guess.  Maybe with a warning symbol of some kind?

On 1/29/2018 at 3:50 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Yes, looks great.

I assume you just buried the base in the tank? That would make it simpler, I think, similar to the way the extendable ladders get mounted.

I don't have any special texturing in mind, stockalike would be fine, i guess.  Maybe with a warning symbol of some kind?

As I said, I'm still learning what I'm doing with texturing, but here is an attempt. The textures are 2k, so obviously I can scale them down if needed, and I need to fix the weird normal artifacts on the chassis.

Edited by Tokamak
It helps if I actually remember the embed

On 1/30/2018 at 5:28 PM, Tokamak said:

As I said, I'm still learning what I'm doing with texturing, but here is an attempt. The textures are 2k, so obviously I can scale them down if needed, and I need to fix the weird normal artifacts on the chassis.

I don't see that I replied, sorry.

Yes, this is looking wonderful.  And, after thinking about it, I probably won't need to rescale it for larger engines, there really wouldn't be any need for that.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, FreeThinker said:

Hey @Tokamak, ever tried to create a Tokamak fusion engine? :sticktongue: No realy, I still need a good model for Tokamak fusion engine looking something like this

You might want to talk to Angel-125 and see if you could work something out - that pic looks like it could be nearly an in-game photo using his DSEV parts.  (Only they're more detailed...)

2 hours ago, DStaal said:

You might want to talk to Angel-125 and see if you could work something out - that pic looks like it could be nearly an in-game photo using his DSEV parts.  (Only they're more detailed...)

unfortunately all of Angel-125 parts are license under an all right reserved license. We need part models license under an open license that benefit the community.

Also a new model  we could give it a KSPIE twist, like this more realistic looking version, something like this

fusion-rocket.jpg

source: https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/250836-nasa-funded-startup-aims-build-fusion-powered-rockets?source=flipboard

Edited by FreeThinker

8 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

unfortunately all of Angel-125 parts are license under an all right reserved license. We need part models license under an open license that benefit the community.

You can still use them.  'All Rights Reserved' just means you need to ask for & receive permission first. Now, I do understand you've had some trouble with this concept in the past, but it really isn't that complicated. You simply ask 'yo can I use your stuff? I'll be sure to give you credit.' and they reply with 'sure mate go right ahead' or 'no, I'm afraid it will be used in a way I don't agree with' or something like that.

i need some simple models. the ckan moderator pointed me to this thread.
i used a reskinned gigantor at 10x scale for my solar sail mod. i just need something that size and shape that can fold up like a gigantor.
an emblem or flag placement would be a bonus. this is just for fun and my first attempt at modding. 
https://spacedock.info/mod/1704/dawnguard

Edited by subdeviant

• 2 months later...

@Tokamak    Hello

I has started a new thread with kis/magnetic boots and would need help with a model of shoe soles to attach at the buttom of shoes(a very simple one)but maybe with the original footprint on it

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGfxIm5DJSvWADL2fG8Dj

i like to attach to a kerbals feet to avoid the :dont follow bones bug as well the bad looking

i have a old kerbal fbx or obj.file if this would help

or a tether line pistol if that is to less sophisticated for u,like this maybe?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkgEfAz-fxBUthawu5qTZ

if you like to dip a toe aleady in of course

greetings BK

Edited by Burning Kan

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.