R&D Center Easter Egg? [WARNING! SPOILERS!]

Mr. Peabody

Warning: Spoilers Present! 

I was reading through a list of easter eggs on the KSP wiki and came across this: Chance of a TARDIS appearing inside the Level 1 and 2 R&D complex.

Google showed no images of this, and having never seen it myself I'm curious as to what it is. I've checked the list of easter eggs before but have never seen that mention, so either I just missed it or it could be a recently added easter egg. If you guys have any pics of this it would be great to see them. :)

1 minute ago, SpacedCowboy said:

Is TARDIS an acronym for something pertaining to Dr.Who?

Time And Relative Dimensions In Space. Kinda meaningless, its the little big box he flies about in.

4 hours ago, SpacedCowboy said:

Okay, I'll be that guy. What in the heck is a TARDIS?

Sigh....  Find  source and watch them.  They are available on amazon prime video right now.

4 hours ago, Geonovast said:

Doctor Who, man!   The science is all kinds of wrong, but still a great show.

Epic show.  And yes, the science is all wrong, but usually explained in some fashion to be 'acceptable' to the plot.    If you are a sci fi fan, you really need to have at least watched them once.  They do a pretty good job of continuing story lines throughout the show. 

2 minutes ago, GoSlash27 said:

Found them cheesy and pointless

I'm a huge fan of the show, but I completely agree with this.  It is cheesy, very much so, that's a good portion of the appeal.  Certainly not for everyone, but no show is.

Although I do have to say, if you started with the first season of the reboot (with Eccleston as The Doctor), and quit before the season was done, I recommend powering through.  It gets much better when Tennant takes over.

I'm both a big fan of Dr. Who... and of finding Easter Eggs.

As far as the Doctor, I do agree with @GoSlash27 that some are exceptionally cheesy and pointless... But I love cheesy sci-fi, so.... :rolleyes:

But more important, I've made it a point to hunt down and find each and every Easter Egg, and exploit them in Emiko Station whenever possible. And I'm sorry to say I've never, ever, came across a reference to a Tardis egg before this... And I also took some time out today from writing to try and get it to appear, but just like @Dfthu, I got nothing after about 20 attempts.

I'm afraid this one may be false, sorry.  :(

2 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I'm both a big fan of Dr. Who... and of finding Easter Eggs.

As far as the Doctor, I do agree with @GoSlash27 that some are exceptionally cheesy and pointless... But I love cheesy sci-fi, so.... :rolleyes:

But more important, I've made it a point to hunt down and find each and every Easter Egg, and exploit them in Emiko Station whenever possible. And I'm sorry to say I've never, ever, came across a reference to a Tardis egg before this... And I also took some time out today from writing to try and get it to appear, but just like @Dfthu, I got nothing after about 20 attempts.

I'm afraid this one may be false, sorry.  :(

Odd that the wiki would be wrong though. Perhaps the easter egg doesn't show when you destroy the building, though I can't imagine how it does if that isn't. Maybe in a shed or behind a building? Also, we don't know how much of a chance it has of appearing. Could be 1 in 100 for all we know.

Edited by The Dunatian

Well, I must say, if it has a low chance of appearing, it's pretty much useless as an easter egg. Apparently it is as rare as the Mun Castle (which I've never seen outside of screenshots), but at least you don't have to go specifically looking for that. 

Or it doesn't exist at all, and someone saw the blue debris and ghostly wireframes that reminded him/her of the TARDIS, and decided to troll. I took down the Lvl 1 R&D once and the Lvl 2 several times, with no luck. I also checked inside the Archives of both, in case it was part of a background image, but didn't see it..

LpFoLnU.png

They would not include copyrighted items from a show in current release without a proper contract, and much publicity from both sides.

Aside from a licensing nightmare, there is no way a KSP/WHO partnership would happen without many bells, whistles and a huge fanfare.

This has not happened so...

3 hours ago, John FX said:

They would not include copyrighted items from a show in current release without a proper contract, and much publicity from both sides.

Aside from a licensing nightmare, there is no way a KSP/WHO partnership would happen without many bells, whistles and a huge fanfare.

This has not happened so...

I don't see how a common police call box found all over England can be a copyrighted item... at least as far as the Doctor Who show goes.

See also...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somerton_TARDIS

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TARDIS

I mean, if out of all the players on the forum; no one has ever seen it...I've got to question whether it exists or not.

The fact that not a single SS of it can be found is concerning as well.

(On a side note, the Easter Egg entry says it "appears" I'm not sure destroying the building is the correct approach. It may just be randomly laying about at times.)

2 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

I mean, if out of all the players on the forum; no one has ever seen it...I've got to question whether it exists or not.

The fact that not a single SS of it can be found is concerning as well.

(On a side note, the Easter Egg entry says it "appears" I'm not sure destroying the building is the correct approach. It may just be randomly laying about at times.)

Or maybe it's just a perception filter for the non believers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.